Photo

Sim2 reset: Friday, may 15

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

Poll: What should the starting cash and aircraft be for next round? (1 member(s) have cast votes)

What should the starting cash and aircraft be for next round?

1. $10m + 1 B737/A320 (1 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

2. $30m (current) + Q400 or similiar a/c (4 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

3. $50m cash only (1 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Conor

Conor

Angry Irishman

• AE Moderator
  • 1,404 posts
Hey hey hey i dont mean to be patronising im just saying give the developers a break and i said nothing about yours being a complaint

flightsimer

flightsimer

Senior Member/Beta Tester

• 507 posts

User's Awards

2    2   
well after 4 days, my origional fears are true... a q400 and 30mil is just too much to start with... i mean the there are airlines with 20+ aircraft already only after 4 days... at that rate the round should be over in about 2 RW months... you never use to be able get aircraft that quickly... starting with a q400 and 30 mil puts u months if not a year ahead of where you use to start... even with the profits being "lowered".
CEO North Eastern Airways
22217 sim1- Boeing 747-100 LAUNCH CUSTOMER!
17904 sim2
BETA TESTER- #1 airline, only if it actually counted lol

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts
  • WLM ID:travelhouse007@gmail.com

well after 4 days, my origional fears are true... a q400 and 30mil is just too much to start with... i mean the there are airlines with 20+ aircraft already only after 4 days... at that rate the round should be over in about 2 RW months... you never use to be able get aircraft that quickly... starting with a q400 and 30 mil puts u months if not a year ahead of where you use to start... even with the profits being "lowered".

While I agree in parts, there are other factors to give thought too, developers need to slow the game a little, reverting back to $5M and 2 B1900 or J31's (Millers Original) seems to be right on the money.

New players that want to join and play next week, will find it hard to make a go of AE, as the server, updating of routes and gates will be issues. The end result will be thay come in look and say, stuff this too populated, no gates, takes forever to make a route and so on.

The used market, adding those silent additions of aircraft at changeovers has killed off many routes, except for the lucky players that grab them, they went from making on a route $900 to $1,5M and impossible for others to join, thus results in loss of game enjoyment.

Early days, LF adjustments seem to work quite well, be interesting to see the route established numbers this time next week and just how slow sim2 is.

We could be in for a reset within the months end.:)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm a moderator, that's all.

Consult me for AE moderation issues.

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts
  • WLM ID:badtothebone99@gmail.com

While I agree in parts, there are other factors to give thought too, developers need to slow the game a little, reverting back to $5M and 2 B1900 or J31's (Millers Original) seems to be right on the money.

New players that want to join and play next week, will find it hard to make a go of AE, as the server, updating of routes and gates will be issues. The end result will be thay come in look and say, stuff this too populated, no gates, takes forever to make a route and so on.

The used market, adding those silent additions of aircraft at changeovers has killed off many routes, except for the lucky players that grab them, they went from making on a route $900 to $1,5M and impossible for others to join, thus results in loss of game enjoyment.

Early days, LF adjustments seem to work quite well, be interesting to see the route established numbers this time next week and just how slow sim2 is.

Well when you havig people like Ding Dong going on routes like this then it wil be over by the end of the month.

http://sim2.airlinee...1=HND&city2=PEK

Posted Image
Posted Image

Chaostah

Chaostah

• 181 posts
yea if everyone started much smaller there will be a longer learning curve and new players can have time to learn.

flightsimer

flightsimer

Senior Member/Beta Tester

• 507 posts

User's Awards

2    2   

oddly enough, i agree with you too that the 2 beech/j-31 +5mil was the right size to start with... maybe making it the 2 beech/j-31 and increase it just a little to 7.5mil

ding dong is making almost 300mil a month, it use to take weeks to get to that point previously but hes there in 4 full days:ssleepy:
CEO North Eastern Airways
22217 sim1- Boeing 747-100 LAUNCH CUSTOMER!
17904 sim2
BETA TESTER- #1 airline, only if it actually counted lol

gba222

gba222

• 86 posts
I've grown remarkably fast, to be come a top 10/20 airline and in spite of the fact that I've done exceedingly well, I do think that its a bit too fast. I've already purchased widebodies, which really shouldn't be happening so soon. Yes, I've managed to do so well by managing effectively and I have no qualms about my position in relation to other airlines that started at the same time as me - but I'm still not convinced its particularly fair on the people who will inevitably join later.

I've been playing this game for quite a while, I've started at the beginning of rounds, in the middle and at the end - basically whenever I have the time to. I know from first hand experience what a pain it is to try and build up your airline near the end of a round, when you have a B1900D and your competitor is using A330s. Still, fair is fair and thats the price I paid for being a latecomer. However, the speed at which this round has already progressed is pretty phenomenal, to the point where we will now have newcomers competing with Q400s against 747D's and A380s within the first 10 days. And that just doesn't seem right.

Conor

Conor

Angry Irishman

• AE Moderator
  • 1,404 posts

I've grown remarkably fast, to be come a top 10/20 airline and in spite of the fact that I've done exceedingly well, I do think that its a bit too fast. I've already purchased widebodies, which really shouldn't be happening so soon. Yes, I've managed to do so well by managing effectively and I have no qualms about my position in relation to other airlines that started at the same time as me - but I'm still not convinced its particularly fair on the people who will inevitably join later.

I've been playing this game for quite a while, I've started at the beginning of rounds, in the middle and at the end - basically whenever I have the time to. I know from first hand experience what a pain it is to try and build up your airline near the end of a round, when you have a B1900D and your competitor is using A330s. Still, fair is fair and thats the price I paid for being a latecomer. However, the speed at which this round has already progressed is pretty phenomenal, to the point where we will now have newcomers competing with Q400s against 747D's and A380s within the first 10 days. And that just doesn't seem right.

I agree hardly fair at all
But this is my best round ever lol :)
I dunno about anyone else :shappy:

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts

oddly enough, i agree with you too that the 2 beech/j-31 +5mil was the right size to start with... maybe making it the 2 beech/j-31 and increase it just a little to 7.5mil

ding dong is making almost 300mil a month, it use to take weeks to get to that point previously but hes there in 4 full days:ssleepy:

I remember when I thought was doing well with 5M DOP by year 3 :)

Those routes ding dong is on will crash soon to almost nothing anyway I would not worry too much about it (all those types of routes need is a well placed a333 or 757 at max freq to bring them down to $20 fares). Having said that it's an open game and people are free at the moment to put their complete fleet on one route if they want to
Posted Image

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts

but I'm still not convinced its particularly fair on the people who will inevitably join later.

As a Super Mod, I get a lot of Visitor Messages from those who have started an airline but never used the forums to make a profile.

Most are quite shocked to read forum, with so little time since reset in past that they have tried to make an airline but can not due to lack of gates in profitable locations or so many large aircraft making massive returns that their little beech is swollowed up.

Most say that this game is Cool, but not cool for the new starters after just a week of new rounds starting.

One must agree with their general comments, as it is selfish to keep this FREE on line game just for a select few......(Addicted AE Players):cry:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts

(all those types of routes need is a well placed a333 or 757 at max freq to bring them down to $20 fares).

I have 2 x A333's is this an invite to have fun.:)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

East Texas Airways

East Texas Airways

• 14 posts
It is crazy the extremely fast rate that airlines have been expanding since the reset.

However, I will share my personal story and take up just a bit of your time. I generally am only able to check in on my airline around once every other day or so, in which I usually have enough money to place an order for airplanes and buy gates to use with those aircraft. I always like to tell people that my airline is usually not a very fast starter. In fact, one of the reasons why it is not is because I don't load up 10 aircraft on money making routes (which like Glennos said, quickly can drop from a $400 ticket price on all flights to $20 with well placed aircraft). I don't condone people for doing this though, as it is their right to do so.

However, I generally find myself towards the end of the round/game, moving closer and closer to the top. For example, in the last round of Sim 2, i didn't start until right at the end of year 2/start of year 3 (can't remember) and struggled at first, yes. But having played the game long enough, I knew exactly what my expectations were when I began setting up my routes early on. Right before the reset, I made it up to either 21st or 22nd. I know that I would never be able to be 'at the top' simply because the huge growth that some airlines have at the beginning of the rounds, which give them such a big advantage. When they are able to place orders of 10 737's or airbus 319s in the 4th month of the game, something is wrong.

Although I digress, I tend to think that most people who join later just simply expect to make $1 million DOP with their starting aircraft. They just become very frustrated when they can't have explosive growth, which I think is a good thing. Yes, you want people to have fun growing their airline, but you don't want to water the game down so much that everyone can be flying in all jet planes by month 3 of their existence.

Like Janice has said before, the LF script is the one key area where the game needs tweaking, and I fully expect Elchie and the Simpsons avatar guy (I feel bad for forgetting your name) will work on during the summer.

Jet

Jet

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 518 posts
All gates are gone at a lot of airports, now i can't expand. I wish we had unlimited gates.

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
Well, my experiences so far:

1. The starting aircraft should have been 1 Q400 and perhaps 10-15 mil cash. Obviously, 2 Q400s and 30 mil cash was too much and gave too much options for people. Depending where u started, u could get around 700-800k DOP and be setup to get 4 aircraft the next month change, which is quite fast if u consider previous rounds.
2. How about we scale back one-ways??? Ill leave it at that for now :)
3. Yes, the game is going fast and people are expanding faster, but then again, you will see as time goes past, active players will drop off and newcomer will find routes that will make money. There is money to be made on all routes if u know what you are doing. Obviously, just because major routes will get crowded, doesnt mean you cant make money.
4. Sim2 is going to get clogged really fast and routes are going to be taking 10-15 mins to update, which will be not make everyone happy.

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

Conor

Conor

Angry Irishman

• AE Moderator
  • 1,404 posts

All gates are gone at a lot of airports, now i can't expand. I wish we had unlimited gates.

Heathrow, Charles De Gaul, and Frankfurt all gone. Its annoying because i have a hub in heathrow and now i cant fully utilise it.

Jet

Jet

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 518 posts
I am based in gatwick, which is all gone, now i have to wait and build a terminal

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts

I am based in gatwick, which is all gone, now i have to wait and build a terminal

There are still 74 gates available at Gatwick
Posted Image

Jet

Jet

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 518 posts
i can't rent any though?

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts

i can't rent any though?

What this has to do with your previous comment totally baffles me.

You can rent a total of 15 gates if you started in Europe but you need to create a hub first once you have 5 gates to be able to rent more. This has been explained before.
Posted Image

vicentor

vicentor

• 74 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:vicentor1

User's Awards

I'm glad I'm not touching European Market :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users