Photo

Sim2 reset: Friday, may 15

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

Poll: What should the starting cash and aircraft be for next round? (1 member(s) have cast votes)

What should the starting cash and aircraft be for next round?

1. $10m + 1 B737/A320 (1 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

2. $30m (current) + Q400 or similiar a/c (4 votes [66.67%])

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

3. $50m cash only (1 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Mikey

Mikey

• 35 posts

hey yuxi.... the game didn't "start" yet and its past 3 pm EST

Kettle,

Get back to work!!!

-Pot :)
Posted Image
Posted Image

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts

hey yuxi.... the game didn't "start" yet and its past 3 pm EST

It just did :)

It turns to Jan 2 at 4pm, so it doesn't matter as long as I unpause the time before 4.

Good luck everyone! :)

Conor

Conor

Angry Irishman

• AE Moderator
  • 1,404 posts
Let the games Begin :)

Chaostah

Chaostah

• 181 posts
sweeeeeeeeeeeet

flightsimer

flightsimer

Senior Member/Beta Tester

• 507 posts

User's Awards

2    2   

We will reset sim2 next Friday.

A couple of things:

1) Change aircraft feature will be disabled. Even with a runway check, it is still possible to cheat with it, so until it's completely fixed, it will be disabled.

David

can this be done as a short term thing? could you turn it back on, but limit it to switching between the same aircraft type or family? i use Q400's and i had my first one set up on routes just to keep the gates until i got the aircraft i ordered... but i had to close all my routes and reopen them which completely killed my DOP, when all i was doing was transferring them to another aircraft that was the same type. if possible, it would be nice if it could go to families also, so next month when i get my q200, i can give it my shorter range q400 routes without having to close and reopen the route.

this also allows us to get better useage out of the aircraft. i typically will rotate routes throughout my fleet (to same aircraft type) to get the most useage out of my planes as possible...
CEO North Eastern Airways
22217 sim1- Boeing 747-100 LAUNCH CUSTOMER!
17904 sim2
BETA TESTER- #1 airline, only if it actually counted lol

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts
  • WLM ID:badtothebone99@gmail.com

can this be done as a short term thing? could you turn it back on, but limit it to switching between the same aircraft type or family? i use Q400's and i had my first one set up on routes just to keep the gates until i got the aircraft i ordered... but i had to close all my routes and reopen them which completely killed my DOP, when all i was doing was transferring them to another aircraft that was the same type. if possible, it would be nice if it could go to families also, so next month when i get my q200, i can give it my shorter range q400 routes without having to close and reopen the route.

this also allows us to get better useage out of the aircraft. i typically will rotate routes throughout my fleet (to same aircraft type) to get the most useage out of my planes as possible...

This is what planning is all about!

The swap aircraft feature was being abused and will not be reintroduced in the forseeable future unless good "safeguards" are made.

Switching between aircraft type was one of the problems, in fact switching as a whole, it gave more route profit and is unfair to those who do not use it / know about it.

I managed fine with one aircraft and the first month you don't lose any gates anyway, you get a warning.
Posted Image

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts
  • WLM ID:travelhouse007@gmail.com

I managed fine with one aircraft and the first month you don't lose any gates anyway, you get a warning.

:puzzled::puzzled::puzzled:

Then I am the only one who lost all my purchased gates:puzzled:

Airline Empires Administration

2009-05-19 11:30:04
Gate Removal At FRAFRA has been forced to remove unused gates from your account. Delete

Gate Removal At LISLIS has been forced to remove unused gates from your account. Delete

Gate Removal At STNSTN has been forced to remove unused gates from your account. Delete

Gate Removal At ORYORY has been forced to remove unused gates from your account. Delete

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm a moderator, that's all.

Consult me for AE moderation issues.

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts

Dunno, but I had warnings.
Posted Image

Conor

Conor

Angry Irishman

• AE Moderator
  • 1,404 posts

Dunno, but I had warnings.

I got 16 of em :L

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts

Did you have warnings for those gates before the reset?

flightsimer

flightsimer

Senior Member/Beta Tester

• 507 posts

User's Awards

2    2   

This is what planning is all about!

The swap aircraft feature was being abused and will not be reintroduced in the forseeable future unless good "safeguards" are made.

Switching between aircraft type was one of the problems, in fact switching as a whole, it gave more route profit and is unfair to those who do not use it / know about it.

i never recieved extra when switching between the same type of plane... but you shouldnt. im just asking to just simply move the route to another aircraft.

and about not being fair to those who dont use it or know about it. that is completely their fault.
CEO North Eastern Airways
22217 sim1- Boeing 747-100 LAUNCH CUSTOMER!
17904 sim2
BETA TESTER- #1 airline, only if it actually counted lol

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts
  • WLM ID:travelhouse007@gmail.com

i never recieved extra when switching between the same type of plane...

I find the wording (Never) a false statement, when the plane swap was in place, even a B1900 if you swap into another B1900 you can make at times up-to 30% or more improvement.

Other higher Jets on one-way legs it was impossible to make good unless you used the swap, so the vast majority used and abused it.

It is gone now, many players have been asking Miller to remove it, why have an un-even playing field !!

This round despite the LF adjustments, will be a more of a game of (Good) management, you will see many in the top 20 change positions and the growth of all good managers will be without gaining un-fair advantage of plane swap.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm a moderator, that's all.

Consult me for AE moderation issues.

gba222

gba222

• 86 posts
I think that the reason for removing the plane swap is fair enough, but I will say that not having it is a huge pain - its very time consuming when you want to upgrade equipment on a load of routes, when you have to close them all and then re-open with a new aircraft. Particularly early on the game, I do this a lot. Still, fair is fair. But please fix it soon!

Jet

Jet

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 518 posts

I think that the reason for removing the plane swap is fair enough, but I will say that not having it is a huge pain - its very time consuming when you want to upgrade equipment on a load of routes, when you have to close them all and then re-open with a new aircraft. Particularly early on the game, I do this a lot. Still, fair is fair. But please fix it soon!

i agree completely;), getting rid of the used aircraft function may be good for some, but great for most of us. Why did we get rid of it, why couldn't we have just added runway restrictions?:puzzled:, the only difference of aircraft swapping and re-creating a route is aircraft swapping takes less time:eureka:

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts

i agree completely;), getting rid of the used aircraft function may be good for some, but great for most of us. Why did we get rid of it, why couldn't we have just added runway restrictions?:puzzled:, the only difference of aircraft swapping and re-creating a route is aircraft swapping takes less time:eureka:

It's quite obvious to me that you have not read all the comments correctly.
Posted Image

gba222

gba222

• 86 posts
I think that a good interim solution would be the ability to 'close all routes' for a certain aircraft, much in the same way that you can 'return all gates'. I have replaced old aircraft with new ones, but as I am not allowed to directly change aircraft, I have to close all of the routes aircraft A is operating and then re-open them with aircraft B. As such, it'd be very convenient to be able to just close all of aircraft A's routes at once.

Chaostah

Chaostah

• 181 posts
i agree w/ gba222

Conor

Conor

Angry Irishman

• AE Moderator
  • 1,404 posts
dont mean to sound insulting or anything but y complain? Yes its a bummer having to close routes to swap A/C but who cares? The fact is that Yuxi and Tobias are doing a damn fine job keeping this game alive and they cant keep everyone happy so please enough of the complaints about the LF and aircraft swapping just for a tiny while and be gratefull towards Tobias and Yuxi show some apreciation theyve done more than enough to earn it.
criticise away i dnt care

Airtranman

Airtranman

• 4 posts

dont mean to sound insulting or anything but y complain? Yes its a bummer having to close routes to swap A/C but who cares? The fact is that Yuxi and Tobias are doing a damn fine job keeping this game alive and they cant keep everyone happy so please enough of the complaints about the LF and aircraft swapping just for a tiny while and be gratefull towards Tobias and Yuxi show some apreciation theyve done more than enough to earn it.
criticise away i dnt care

Amen To That... They do a great job if you want to criticise so much why dont you go out and try to make your own airlineempires gmae... :)

gba222

gba222

• 86 posts
Well thank you for assuming the best of everyone.......

Honestly, how patronising. My post wasn't at all intended as a complaint, merely pointing out something that I felt would help a little. You don't need to get all high and mighty and point out what a great job the developers are doing, we're all aware of it. I'm sorry if trying to be helpful constitutes whining in your book, but your post was needless. I just happened to find an issue that I have with a feature being taken away by a recent development and was pointing it out and proposing a way to counteract it for the benefit of other players, nothing more... Its not exactly urgent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users