Photo

Reset?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Clean Air

Clean Air

• 47 posts
Well when you say "top players" you are talking about 3-5 against 1800 others.

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts

Well when you say "top players" you are talking about 3-5 against 1800 others.

True, but my point is that these arbitrary restrictions won't do much good for anyone and removes the motivation to continue growth once you're near the top. I strongly feel that punishing the most successful players is not the right way to go.

Clean Air

Clean Air

• 47 posts
If you max out on planes, then you can always buy bigger ones. There is a big difference between having 1000 DC-9's and 1000 747's. If you ask me it's no less feasible for an airline to operate 1000 747's as it is for an airline to 3000 planes.

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts

If you max out on planes, then you can always buy bigger ones. There is a big difference between having 1000 DC-9's and 1000 747's. If you ask me it's no less feasible for an airline to operate 1000 747's as it is for an airline to 3000 planes.

Are you saying having 3000 small planes is the same as 1000 big ones? In that case, why the 1000-plane limit?

Anyway, what is the goal of settings this arbitrary limit? I see no problem with an airline running 1500 or 2500 planes however they see fit if they have the money/time to do so. IMO restricting large airlines to 1000 planes won't do very much for the other few hundred airlines, and overall it does a lot more harm than good.

If a few top airlines manage to fill up every route and no one else can find profit, it is time for a reset. :)

Clean Air

Clean Air

• 47 posts
Then I think that time is approaching.

Chaostah

Chaostah

• 181 posts
i thnk the resets should be more often.... but problem is that in sim 1 its done in 10 years...

paliair

paliair

• 129 posts
I think we still need some adjusting to the LF of the medium and smaller markets before we have a reset in sim2. Also there is still profit to be made in sim2 if you look

Anyway this is for Yuxi.
When is the next adjustment to the LF going to happen?

Thanks for all you do.

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts

I think we still need some adjusting to the LF of the medium and smaller markets before we have a reset in sim2. Also there is still profit to be made in sim2 if you look

Anyway this is for Yuxi.
When is the next adjustment to the LF going to happen?

Thanks for all you do.

Sometime this weekend. :)

OSUflight1

OSUflight1

• 78 posts

User's Awards

5    5   
Sim 1 does not need a reset. I still have a lot of expansion room and look forward to long range L-1011s, DC-10-30/40s, and even MD-80s. The next time sim 1 is reset it should be no earlier than 1970. Between 1975 and 1985 would be a preferred start if sim 1 HAS to be reset.

However, SIM 2 NEEDS A RESET NOW!!! I had given up this round on sim 2 a while ago. I don't need to state the obvious problems of sim 2; so I won't go there. hehe

Jet

Jet

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 518 posts
For SiM 1 i think we Should restart it at different times, perhaps like 1980 one time, then 1950 the next;), for Sim2 yes, please reset, the LF may bring back finance to some but to others, it won't.

Conor

Conor

Angry Irishman

• AE Moderator
  • 1,404 posts
i gave up on Sim 2 a while back. just because there are a few people finding profitable routes dosent mean the other 300 people waiting for a reset are.

gba222

gba222

• 86 posts
I decided to re-enter sim2 last night, just to see how I'd do. I'm making a 200k DOP with a Saab 2000 and a Q400 and every route is profitable. However, the profits are so slim and I have to serve so many routes, that I can't actually cover my monthly costs - which far outstrip my DOP. The fact that I can't serve any one route more than once, or for that matter, more than just one way is completely ridiculous. :thumbdown: A reset and a significantly better LF is needed.

Chaostah

Chaostah

• 181 posts
I started sim 2 sometime around the end of year 3, and i did start out with some expensive renting... but i was making good money with the 2 1900's to start and once the Q400s start rolling in it gets very profitable... i'm still making over 100k dop/a/c which is nice :)

sim2 is easier due to the autopricing :)... sim1 if you don't start early, then its too late. so hard to expand

Clean Air

Clean Air

• 47 posts
When they do reset sim1, will it start in 1946? Or is there a chance it will reset somewhere in the 70's or 80's?

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
Clean air, im hoping that sim1 if reset, goes to the late 70/early 80s, considering that nice selection of aircraft would be available to buy and be used on route networks :)

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

anax

anax

• 22 posts
[quote name='paliair']I think we still need some adjusting to the LF of the medium and smaller markets before we have a reset in sim2. Also there is still profit to be made in sim2 if you look

i agree 100 %

Jet

Jet

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 518 posts

Clean air, im hoping that sim1 if reset, goes to the late 70/early 80s, considering that nice selection of aircraft would be available to buy and be used on route networks :)

YES!!!!!, this way people can operate a lot of Jets and that will be profitable;)

KJS607

KJS607

The O.G. Savage

• 3,860 posts

User's Awards

6       3   

YES!!!!!, this way people can operate a lot of Jets and that will be profitable;)

that absoulotely right!:)

msg-1341-0-50048700-1680446869_thumb.png

I did a thing: thetravelsavage.com

flightsimer

flightsimer

Senior Member/Beta Tester

• 507 posts

User's Awards

2    2   
im waiting for a reset in sim1... been inactive for a while because i started too late and gave up on that round... cant wait to be able to restart and get back into the top 10...
CEO North Eastern Airways
22217 sim1- Boeing 747-100 LAUNCH CUSTOMER!
17904 sim2
BETA TESTER- #1 airline, only if it actually counted lol

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   

Jets wont make you profitable... its call knowing what you are doing :)

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users