- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Conor

Conor

Angry Irishman

• AE Moderator
  • 1,404 posts
i assume im not the only one who wants one?

schotz89

schotz89

• 190 posts

User's Awards

Yeah BITCH
:):sdrool::)
Europes #1 startup
Alliance 89 CEO

alex_nl

alex_nl

• Validating
  • 87 posts
sim 1 or sim2

Conor

Conor

Angry Irishman

• AE Moderator
  • 1,404 posts
~ Sim 2 ~
:)

Jet

Jet

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 518 posts
Yes, reset please;)

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts
Let's settle on a good set of demand numbers before resetting. And the change aircraft feature will definitely be disabled next round.

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts
  • WLM ID:travelhouse007@gmail.com

And the change aircraft feature will definitely be disabled next round.

cough cough !!! :):P

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm a moderator, that's all.

Consult me for AE moderation issues.

Jet

Jet

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 518 posts
Also, can we perhaps have an aircraft cap, like no 747's on New York-Atlanta services, perhaps just a 757 for maximum?

paliair

paliair

• 129 posts

Let's settle on a good set of demand numbers before resetting. And the change aircraft feature will definitely be disabled next round.

Do you have a time frame for the next adjustment for demand in the smaller markets?

Conor

Conor

Angry Irishman

• AE Moderator
  • 1,404 posts
how about just upping the demand in all of the small airports at once then reseting? i would probobaly save alot of time? but then again i havent a clue about software proggraming so i dont know

Conor

Conor

Angry Irishman

• AE Moderator
  • 1,404 posts
Or something like that

knightfal

knightfal

• 1 posts
I agree with the SIM2 reset. Its needed. SIM1 too but we all know that is never going to happen.

alex_nl

alex_nl

• Validating
  • 87 posts
I don't really need a reset I'me still finding profitable routes.

KJS607

KJS607

The O.G. Savage

• 3,860 posts

User's Awards

6       3   
i think sim 2 needs a reset and the same for sim1 if you ask me

msg-1341-0-50048700-1680446869_thumb.png

I did a thing: thetravelsavage.com

lurch

lurch

Beta Tester

• 211 posts
  • Yahoo ID:lurch8584@yahoo.com
I agree on the sim1 reset. I can't say much for the sim 2 reset I just know that when it happens I will be joining sim2 to see how well I do. I know in sim2 there was talk about having designated brokers. If thats the case, I would be interested in getting information on that and would be interested in being a broker.
Lurch

paliair

paliair

• 129 posts
I think we still need some adjusting to the LF of the medium and smaller markets before we have a reset in sim2. Also there is still profit to be made in sim2 if you look :) Anyway this is for Yuxi.
When is the next adjustment to the LF going to happen.

Thanks for all you do.

Clean Air

Clean Air

• 47 posts
I wouldn't mind a reset on SIM1. I think there should be some kind of fleet restriction preventing the mega airlines. Northwest/Delta will be almost 800 strong and they will be the largest airline in the world. I could see a cap at 1000 aircraft.

lurch

lurch

Beta Tester

• 211 posts
  • Yahoo ID:lurch8584@yahoo.com

I wouldn't mind a reset on SIM1. I think there should be some kind of fleet restriction preventing the mega airlines. Northwest/Delta will be almost 800 strong and they will be the largest airline in the world. I could see a cap at 1000 aircraft.

Although that might be better for the majority I think it would take the fun out of the game once you reached that 1000 mark (or where ever it is set). They wouldnt be able to go anywhere from there. If northwest/delta could be profitable with more aircraft and have the financing to do it, they would.
Lurch

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts

What good would it do? Also, it would take the fun out of the game for the top players.

gba222

gba222

• 86 posts
Actually, the total number of aircraft flying under Delta/Northwest and Delta Connection/Northwest Airlink is well in excess of 1,000 aircraft. The combined regional devisions, both in terms of in-house and contracted flying operates around 700 additional aircraft.

Admittedly they're the first airline to break this mark (American + Trans States/Executive Airlines/contracted American Eagle flying comes close, but not quite, I believe), but its possible in real life!

I left sim2 a month or two ago, I couldn't justify the effort that needed to be put in to sniff out still-profitable routes vs. operating a tonne of cash-draining ones, for the sake of having a network. Furthermore, I think that the catch-all solution of 'oh, well, just operate one way services' is irritating. Sure you have to work with what you've got, but I'd prefer to work with a load factor that wasn't so irksomely dysfunctional.

Personally I never really saw the problem with how the game used to work: peope built empires and when that got out of control, the game was reset. It freshened things up and generally the same people wouldn't be on top, as they were in the previous round. Yes, limitations needed to be set, but I felt with the limitations on growth that were implemented (i.e. on gates, hub expansion abroad, monthly deliveries, etc) were the right track to be on, in terms of making the game playable.

Interesting you should say something about caps on fleet-size reducing the fun for 'top players' sim1, when the tweaks to the LF in sim2 have done exactly that to many former top players there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users