- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

BarbulaM1

BarbulaM1

• 226 posts
  • WLM ID:BarbulaM1@msn.com
  • AIM Screen Name:BarbulaM1
I wasn't blessed with the aircraft fairy, I did get 2 aircraft, however this isn't anwhere near my compeditors for the thop spots. It's all skill.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Discover The West, Go Beyond The West, Airways International
COAI Holding Group International - Airways International
Proudly serving the Greak Lakes region for over 15 years.

Visit: Simtropolis.com | Simvision.net (of course look for me)

Timsher

Timsher

Just a ling

• 573 posts
  • WLM ID:Timsher@gmail.com
  • Yahoo ID:Timsher19

I wasn't blessed with the aircraft fairy, I did get 2 aircraft, however this isn't anwhere near my compeditors for the thop spots. It's all skill.

And watching the used market like a hawk (I saw one plane for a fraction of a second once...)
Posted Image

ian

ian

• 436 posts

And watching the used market like a hawk (I saw one plane for a fraction of a second once...)

its amazing how fast they go on the used market...ive gotten 4 off the used market and i feel like i won the lottery.

as for Pacific, i dont think he got the hint when his post was deleted the first time...Banjo, don't worry about it, he always has something smart to say

airozzie

airozzie

Watchdog's Senior Manager

• 633 posts

its amazing how fast they go on the used market...ive gotten 4 off the used market and i feel like i won the lottery.

as for Pacific, i dont think he got the hint when his post was deleted the first time...Banjo, don't worry about it, he always has something smart to say

I must have won second division cause I have got three off the market

Yes, I got the hint. But i had to make the point clear - cause there always one that has to go 'cry' this is not right

WAH WAH WAH. Its a free game afterall

ian

ian

• 436 posts

I must have won second division cause I have got three off the market

Yes, I got the hint. But i had to make the point clear - cause there always one that has to go 'cry' this is not right

WAH WAH WAH. Its a free game afterall

its ok, most of us have learned to deal with you :P

airozzie

airozzie

Watchdog's Senior Manager

• 633 posts

I'm guessing you were one of the 30 or so airlines that were blessed by the airplane fairy. Gee. thanks for the unbiased, and stereotypical, AE attitude.

Look. if the order books weren't so terribly overloaded the improvement would be significantly farther, this would either be achievable through starting the game at a date with more then 3 planes (only one of which is affordable at the start), more expensive planes (1.5m only? what a joke, everyone can buy 3 at the start.) or additional planes in 1946.

I wasn't the first to sign up, so i wasn't the first in line, so now i'm pretty well screwed because though i could afford 3 ac, and ordered 3 ac, it's looking like it will be 5 (explative) days before i recieve them.. This is calculated off the fact that: when i ordered them it unwittingly said 29 months. Now, after 1 mo's deliveries went into effect it says 25 months. Assuming a rate of loss of 5 months per day, i'll get them in a total of 6 days after i ordered them. Gee. no disadvantage whatsoever. it's surely a fair game, surely balanced. surely worthy of the three relatively small changes made aside from the date system which is a rip-off of a few other competitors in many respects. what a "wonderful" thing i should be so "privileged" to pay nothing for... especially since if we're so lucky, miller may visit the site again for an upgrade or two in the next three years... but don't ever count on it.

Would you like a tissue to dry your eyes, seems your crying.

Look, not personally having a dig at you I am having a dig at everyone else who is in the same position as you.

Just becuase you havn't got your way or things havn't gone to plan there is always some rather pathetic people who wish to 'complain' and I'd bet Miller is getting s***ty about this.

Miller made this on his own time, and the only revenue that I know of is the advertising i.e is going to contribute to his retirement fund.

However, if this game was a paid game. Yes you would expect this things you mentioned to be looked into but as I look at it Miller is doing a fantastic job

- Each airline can only get 2 aircraft from any manufactur at any time
- $1.5million dollars is acceptable
- We should have started with less money but I am not complaining

To be frank you quote:

I'm guessing you were one of the 30 or so airlines that were blessed by the airplane fairy. Gee. thanks for the unbiased, and stereotypical, AE attitude.

I got aircraft 130 / 131 means I was the 65th user to join so BEEP Wrong - your comment is un-called for.

And if you wish to know how I managed to get the 65th registration simple. I was on duty at that stage and at 0230in the morning alarm bells rang requiring us to race to a car crash on a major freeway with an up-turned car and another car partially submerged in the water and sinking fast. By the time I got back to the station it was 0500 and after a nice hot coffee and shower after diving in after the partially submerged car I logged onto AE to find that it had restarted

So in my final statement Banjo Air, either you may do the following

A) Shut up, stick up and play the game like everyone else is doing

or

:P I will like other people on the forums will kindly show you the door as these types of threads have been bashed around time after time and its simple it wont happen unless we revert to a 'payed' game

With that in mind, I am off to work to once again battle the beast's of the flames in Heavy Rescue One.

Good - day

Banjo Air

Banjo Air

• 26 posts

Their are two types of people in life, one who could be the worst bench player on the worst football team and just be thrilled to be there. The other could win the superbowl 45-7, go into an after game interview and say "well, it's nice and all that... but I'm going to have a word with the coach about that touchdown they scored!

Make sure you're the former and not latter, you'll live longer and be happier.

The former is, in your example, seemingly content both in himself being apparently a poor player whereas the latter appears to be pushing to make a great team even better. You're saying the players of AE should be content with relatively easily fixed problems at this point, then ask for further improvement?

Sure it's free, does that mean it can't be better unless the benevolent Miller decides to come up with something on his own?

Look. the problem with the overwhelming backlog is easily rectified, so i'm not being purely critical.

1. Either choose a start date which has a slightly better range of choices [in the last "age", or "epoch", whatever you wish to call it the Beech1900d V BAe Systems J-31 was a great choice, or the Bombardier Q400 v Saab 2000. You could choose to wait for a slightly better plane, or get a slightly worse plane now.]

2. Raise the cost of the Dc-3, at present it has generally as good, or better stats then a J-31 which cost 7.5 million last "age". Considering the prices themselves are backward adjusted for inflation so that the game is relatively playable throughout, this seems even more incredibly cheap. Even furthermore, a friend of mine who beat me to joining this age told me at the onset the Dc-3 cost 4.5 million instead of the present 1.5 million. That 3 million probably would have gone a long way to cutting down the length of the order book

3. Lower the starting cash [even airozzie said we should have started with only 1 million, and he thinks I'm a crybaby for saying this is a problem.]

4. the most complex change i suppose, Tinker with the delivery formula to adjust for the number of manufacturers in the world... If there's only 2 manu's in the world with 500 players odds are significant that they won't be able to support the player base, so the backlog acceleration (the difference between 20 planes delivered and the actual number of planes delivered) could be a little more generous then when there's 20 manu's for 500 players.

Anyone of the first three probably takes minimal effort on Miller's part to change the game for the better for the next age. The only problem AE has that's beyond repair, it seems, is its attitude. Only in AE have i seen new players consistently told to " A) Shut up, stick up and play the game like everyone else is doing ". I'm not a new player, in fact I've been playing off and on for a year now, but watching the forums and making comments myself I've noticed that anyone with a complaint or constructive criticism is told to shut up, especially new players who likely need more help from those who know what they're doing then they need insults. This, likely more then developer neglect, has been what whittled the player base down to the piddle it was this last age before AE1946 started.

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts
Banjo - Please go and read either Air Wiki or one of the many posts in this forum on aircraft deliveries. It has been at 30 +10% for a while now.

http://forums.airlin...hlight=delivery
Posted ImagePosted Image

mandala499

mandala499

• 27 posts
Great! 1946... this IS something new... a different challenge... the slow speeds and low capacity... this IS going to be interesting. Hence, I'm back *grin*

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   

Great! 1946... this IS something new... a different challenge... the slow speeds and low capacity... this IS going to be interesting. Hence, I'm back *grin*

aha.. ur back eh... nice to see ya :P

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

Banjo Air

Banjo Air

• 26 posts

Banjo - Please go and read either Air Wiki or one of the many posts in this forum on aircraft deliveries. It has been at 30 +10% for a while now.

http://forums.airlin...hlight=delivery

it was 20+10% prior... those 10 planes aren't a huge difference. 30+10% was sufficient when there was a reasonable chance of choice in manu's/planes for the cost... the system cannot cope with 350 players wanting to buy 3+ Dc-3's at once. it just cannot. I'm sorry i kept using 20 when it was 30, but the 10% is insufficient when there is no viable alternative plane to purchase. it is sufficient, however, in the later years when there's at least a second viable (though possibly moderately inferior) option. i.e. (as stated prior) the J-31 vs b1900d decision in prior years... or Saab 2000 vs Q400.

edit: by the way, it took 6 days to recieve my initial aircraft orders. How is that not a problem, let alone a rectifiable or easily correctable problem?

FlyWorld Air

FlyWorld Air

Olly - Data Collector

• 605 posts
Oooh what a catfight!
Posted Image

sawilson1971

sawilson1971

• 133 posts
Miller

Thanks for this really interesting new version of the game. Its trouser-accident inducingly exciting stuff now. Cant wait to have a fleet of connies gracing the skies.

Three cheers for the AE guy, huzzah, huzzah, huzzah.

Steve
Brokering in sim1

User ID 9729

AirFitch

AirFitch

• 30 posts
Ummm..stupid Question......

Where is AE 46 at?.........

I know it's not in sim2...so is it Sim1? or is there somewhere else it's at?.

watchdog

watchdog

Senior AE Manager

• 534 posts

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? year 1946 thats before 47 and after 45
Posted Image

AdvanceAirlines

AdvanceAirlines

• 95 posts

Hi AirFitch,

No, it's not a stupid question, really.

Initially, I also wondered.

Airline Empires 1946 Edition is available on Sim1, as you had guessed in your reply.

Airline Empires - Simulator II has basically just re-started, but with more technology.

Hopefully this was helpful to you!

AA
Posted Image

FlyWorld Air

FlyWorld Air

Olly - Data Collector

• 605 posts

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? year 1946 thats before 47 and after 45

Come on man, the guy's asked a reasonable question, you could at least give him a straight answer.
Posted Image

AdvanceAirlines

AdvanceAirlines

• 95 posts
I agree. And they can't say anything about 'they had no clue' because AirFitch said nothing about 1946 - just AE 46 :P

AA.
Posted Image

oubobcat

oubobcat

• 236 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:parsonparsons

Come on man, the guy's asked a reasonable question, you could at least give him a straight answer.

dont you guys know that watchdog has always been a jerk? has nothing better to do in life than to make fun of people that he thinks are less smart than he is on the forums. hes just trying to make himself feel good so dont listen to him. hes just a huge jerk
vice president and director of public relations for ACE alliance.

cleveland rocks! pittsburgh sucks! and i wont even get into that other city in that state over there near washington DC that stole my team. i also dont give a damn for the whole state of michigan cause im from ohio but thats beside the point!

FlyWorld Air

FlyWorld Air

Olly - Data Collector

• 605 posts
You have a fair point... He should have been banned ages ago...
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users