84 replies to this topic

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
Well, it was only a matter of time... u cant hedge all or part of your fuel at low prices forever. Though, gotta give their management 10/10 for how they did it :P

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

ian

ian

• 436 posts

Well, it was only a matter of time... u cant hedge all or part of your fuel at low prices forever. Though, gotta give their management 10/10 for how they did it :P

very true ^

gba222

gba222

• 86 posts
Great new format idea, I love it. My only minor bitch so far is how incredibly back-ordered Douglas are already. I'm going to wait for the 2nd hand market to pick up! :P

airozzie

airozzie

Watchdog's Senior Manager

• 633 posts
Thats why brokers come in handy?

ian

ian

• 436 posts
with the order books this backlogged, you will still get deliveries soon. I was 129 on the list and got my 2 planes. Keep in mind, everyone is ordering more than 2 planes.

Timsher

Timsher

Just a ling

• 573 posts
  • WLM ID:Timsher@gmail.com
  • Yahoo ID:Timsher19

with the order books this backlogged, you will still get deliveries soon. I was 129 on the list and got my 2 planes. Keep in mind, everyone is ordering more than 2 planes.

@ 1.5mil who can blame them?
Posted Image

airozzie

airozzie

• 633 posts
My idea, game should have started with 1mill dollars :P

Banjo Air

Banjo Air

• 26 posts
No offense, the changes appear at the moment to be great improvements to the game. but was Miller thinking when he chose 1946 as the start date?

only being able to choose between 3 aircraft, from 2 manufacturers? sure the order books will pick up the pace with the huge backlog... but. will it be enough?

Furthermore one of the available ones seems to be withdrawn in 1947, when only 4 new aircraft are added (though notably, 2 new manufacturers are added).

Has the game gotten small enough in Miller's head that he can start an age with only 3 models...:ssleepy:

Anyways. My serious question is, what happens in 1949, do new players start out with DC-3's (despite the fact they're no longer available)? or do they start out with better planes then those who started in '46 do?

Timsher

Timsher

Just a ling

• 573 posts
DC3s are "Used" when you're given them, so I don't see the fact that they aren't made past 1949 as a problem.

As for the limited amount of planes, I like the idea of the game kind of easing you into the new version, you can quickly compare/contrast the options then when new ones are added you can compare those easily as well.
Posted Image

Banjo Air

Banjo Air

• 26 posts

DC3s are "Used" when you're given them, so I don't see the fact that they aren't made past 1949 as a problem.

I've no idea how long we'll let this game go. It probably won't be able to go until 2007, and we may have to do a reset later on in the 1950's, or '60s. Regardless, get ready for the jet-age!

the dc-3 will be pulled in 49, so pre-aged 5 year old planes extend the Dc-3's valid dates to 1954... if it goes much past that, its implying post-production dc-3's... which is weird.

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   

No offense, the changes appear at the moment to be great improvements to the game. but was Miller thinking when he chose 1946 as the start date?

only being able to choose between 3 aircraft, from 2 manufacturers? sure the order books will pick up the pace with the huge backlog... but. will it be enough?

Furthermore one of the available ones seems to be withdrawn in 1947, when only 4 new aircraft are added (though notably, 2 new manufacturers are added).

Has the game gotten small enough in Miller's head that he can start an age with only 3 models...:ssleepy:

Anyways. My serious question is, what happens in 1949, do new players start out with DC-3's (despite the fact they're no longer available)? or do they start out with better planes then those who started in '46 do?

Geez and when i thought this might just challenge a few people, we get this already? oh boy :P

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

Banjo Air

Banjo Air

• 26 posts

Geez and when i thought this might just challenge a few people, we get this already? oh boy :P

It would be more of a challenge if it were more balanced... at present. my planes on order are projected to take 25 months (down from 29 months prior)... which means at present rates even though i started on the tail end of the same day of most people i won't be able to get a third/fourth plane until another 3-4 days real time.

the present game isn't capable of supporting this few manufacturers for any reasonable number of players. Before the difference between the ones that grew fastest than those who grew normally was skill, luck on catching multi-deals, and knowledge of the game... Now. the difference is going to be the backlog.

airozzie

airozzie

• 633 posts

It would be more of a challenge if it were more balanced... at present. my planes on order are projected to take 25 months (down from 29 months prior)... which means at present rates even though i started on the tail end of the same day of most people i won't be able to get a third/fourth plane until another 3-4 days real time.

the present game isn't capable of supporting this few manufacturers for any reasonable number of players. Before the difference between the ones that grew fastest than those who grew normally was skill, luck on catching multi-deals, and knowledge of the game... Now. the difference is going to be the backlog.

Two words: SHUT UP!

and stop bitching

ian

ian

• 436 posts

Two words: SHUT UP!

and stop bitching

easy killer

airozzie

airozzie

• 633 posts
Two words, Stop bitching

Play the game like everyone else does, people fail to mention that this is a 'free' game

airozzie

airozzie

• 633 posts
Two words, please :STOP BITCHTING:

People fail to realise that this is a free game, you would expect that/this of improve meants if you were paying

Get a life mate :P

Timsher

Timsher

Just a ling

• 573 posts
Their are two types of people in life, one who could be the worst bench player on the worst football team and just be thrilled to be there. The other could win the superbowl 45-7, go into an after game interview and say "well, it's nice and all that... but I'm going to have a word with the coach about that touchdown they scored!

Make sure you're the former and not latter, you'll live longer and be happier.
Posted Image

sean102187

sean102187

• 32 posts

Their are two types of people in life, one who could be the worst bench player on the worst football team and just be thrilled to be there. The other could win the superbowl 45-7, go into an after game interview and say "well, it's nice and all that... but I'm going to have a word with the coach about that touchdown they scored!

Make sure you're the former and not latter, you'll live longer and be happier.

amen
damn i wish more people were like this

BarbulaM1

BarbulaM1

• 226 posts
  • WLM ID:BarbulaM1@msn.com
  • AIM Screen Name:BarbulaM1
Thus far into the game I am happy to say AE is again enjoyable. Going on with the same stuff made it a bit redunant after awhile, the reason I stopped playing in fact. But this new twist has deffiantly made the game more fun as well as a bit more strategy! Again Miller, Gracias.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Discover The West, Go Beyond The West, Airways International
COAI Holding Group International - Airways International
Proudly serving the Greak Lakes region for over 15 years.

Visit: Simtropolis.com | Simvision.net (of course look for me)

Banjo Air

Banjo Air

• 26 posts

Two words, please :STOP BITCHTING:

People fail to realise that this is a free game, you would expect that/this of improve meants if you were paying

Get a life mate :P

I'm guessing you were one of the 30 or so airlines that were blessed by the airplane fairy. Gee. thanks for the unbiased, and stereotypical, AE attitude.

Look. if the order books weren't so terribly overloaded the improvement would be significantly farther, this would either be achievable through starting the game at a date with more then 3 planes (only one of which is affordable at the start), more expensive planes (1.5m only? what a joke, everyone can buy 3 at the start.) or additional planes in 1946.

I wasn't the first to sign up, so i wasn't the first in line, so now i'm pretty well screwed because though i could afford 3 ac, and ordered 3 ac, it's looking like it will be 5 (explative) days before i recieve them.. This is calculated off the fact that: when i ordered them it unwittingly said 29 months. Now, after 1 mo's deliveries went into effect it says 25 months. Assuming a rate of loss of 5 months per day, i'll get them in a total of 6 days after i ordered them. Gee. no disadvantage whatsoever. it's surely a fair game, surely balanced. surely worthy of the three relatively small changes made aside from the date system which is a rip-off of a few other competitors in many respects. what a "wonderful" thing i should be so "privileged" to pay nothing for... especially since if we're so lucky, miller may visit the site again for an upgrade or two in the next three years... but don't ever count on it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users