• Yahoo ID:pierceyohio@sbcglobal.net

Originally posted by sfgiants13
Sigh. Can't we all just get along and play Airline Empires together?:(

Thank you, someone has a brain!:(

sfgiants13

sfgiants13

• 10 posts
[Edited on 6/23/2005 by Fredways] [/quote]

Please show where Embre Air has been shown to cheat.:mad: and I do well in other simulators, and I don't mean Airline Tycoon!!!:mad: [/quote]

Airline Tycoon. Man, that game was amusing when I was younger. But Airport Tycoon still catches my interest every now and then.:(

Fredways

Fredways

• 90 posts

Originally posted by piercey

Please show where Embre Air has been shown to cheat.:mad: and I do well in other simulators, and I don't mean Airline Tycoon!!!:mad:

I didn't say you cheated. Nor do I care enough to research it. You just aren't that relevant. Most academic simulations are based in a more technical abstraction. Such as one of the more widely used examples: Cities are all generic numbers, each with its own data provided. It's city 1 to city 17, with city 1 being a type F market and city 17 a type N market. Thinking "Oh, lots of people like to go from Atlanta to Orlando in real life, so I'll fly that route on here" doesn't help you at all. Actually having to run an airline is required. And it's quite difficult, but very rewarding.

Back to the original topic: Miller, I volunteer to help with any research necessary or any other way one may be of service.

aj_n

aj_n

• 75 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:affirmation300
Guys, come on, its an online forum, and its even more pitiful watching a kid fight with a grown up, foolish I say. As an adult myself I understand fredways and Bob's viewpoints, the childish acts here are overwhelming but some people, like me, don't believe in paying for things online, I don't trust giving my credit card number out over the Internet, too much risks. I'd be happy to pay $5 a month if Miller would accept money in the mail. I'd rather play in a serious world than the oversaturated, crazy one we have now. :(

jaxdtw2196

jaxdtw2196

• 15 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:nwaA330
Dude, youre proving my point exactly..

Miller im honestly about seconds away from begging you to more than consider a pay-to-play league.

Anyway, this here isnt worth my time anymore. The creator of the game has heard my concerns and voiced feedback, thats all I need.

Bob "Tom" Plaskett
Chairman
Air Florida System Inc.

Guest_ConvergenceAir_*

Guest_ConvergenceAir_*
  • Guests
I personally think that a payware version would be ok, but what about just kicking the cheaters? I know that there are a lot of them, but IP tracking would probably solve the problem of cheaters. I would willingly pay for this game, but I do not think that it is worth it. As it has been said before, not everyone is able to pay just to play a game that is just supposed to simulate airline management.

Tracking the known cheaters and banning accounts would most likely eliminate 80% of the cheaters in this game. Also, tracking different transactions by IP could eliminate the aircraft cheating. I would like to see this game played for free, and I feel that I have legitimate reasons for why this game should remain a free game for the enjoyment of everyone. However, this is just wishful thinking.

Crazy764

Crazy764

• 206 posts
Hahahaha...these "mature adults" can't beat the "14 year old armchair CEOs" who are winning, so they:

1) resort to insulting people based on age (which proves their own immaturity)
2) automatically assume the winners are cheating
3) want to pay money so they can win in this game

You guys are pathetic. If you are so good (with all your university level management courses and internships) then explain to me why you aren't winning?

Please don't use cheating as an excuse, unless you have proof that every single airline in this game ranked ahead of you is cheating.

jaxdtw2196

jaxdtw2196

• 15 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:nwaA330

Originally posted by Crazy764
Hahahaha...these "mature adults" can't beat the "14 year old armchair CEOs" who are winning, so they:

You guys are pathetic. If you are so good (with all your university level management courses and internships) then explain to me why you aren't winning?

Please don't use cheating as an excuse, unless you have proof that every single airline in this game ranked ahead of you is cheating.

Ugh,

No.

You dont understand. Im not out to "win".. thats not my point. I dont have ulterior motives. I am simply here trying to offer ideas and a small amount of constructive criticism to make this game better.. I want to play a simulation that is nearest to what is real. Not what we have now, which is deteriorating into the bizzare.

Honestly buddy, I have more important things to do.. Dont go trying to fight with me or attack my character.

Never did I say that anyone in particular cheated.
Never did I accuse piercey of cheating.

The only reason I used harsh language and possibly some insults is, well, to rebuff (or "shut down") what I percieve to be a complete idiot.

Period.
Case closed.

piercey

piercey

I heart Embraer!

• 1,375 posts

Thank You!! Honestly, you are the most mature person here! (and the best artist:))

Fredways

Fredways

• 90 posts

Sigh....
1.) I think you can note the prevalent immature behavior on this forum is directly correlated to age. (and "I'm not an immature 14 year old... I turned 15 last week!" isn't a good retort, and sadly, it's been used on this forum before)

2.) I don't consider winning, like in the real airline industry in this nation, to be high rankings and short-term profit, but rather long-term survival and persistance. The high rankings of some presently are fueled by the ability to grow quickly, and this high growth with rapid entry into multiple new markets is propelling their revenues, and in turn, profits to an extent. Wait until there's not many new places to turn, with some peoples' near hourly changing of routes and cities. A more solid, established foundation will prevail. Instant gratification isn't the goal. Or rather, it shouldn't be.

3.) I believe paying for added features would a.) provide a more realistic and satisfying simulation environment, and b.) would cut down on many of the inherent holes in the game. If properly motivated, and if I had the desire, I could, for example, as it presently is situated, take ten minutes, a couple of free e-mail accounts, and create a mess of new airlines to flood routes of others (like Embre Air, for a retaliatory example) with $1 fares in an effort to ruin them. Of course, as he, like many on here, undoubtedly has little to do but monitor his simulated airline all day, he'd catch on quickly and shift to new markets. This mirrors my point #2 above. Presently this kind of shift of resources to maintain profit levels and pricing discretion is easy. At some point it won't be, and the "high flyer" capabilities of some will be cut short. Look at the real life LCCs and their changing growth strategies as an example: this is how things really work.

4.) I don't assume that those high in the rankings are cheating, though it has been shown with evidence many, in actuality, are cheating, or rather taking advantage of the shortcomings of the current simulation script.

5.) A pay version would cut down on, so to speak, the crap. Unless somebody wanted to front $5 a pop to form new airlines to sabotage others or to launder aircraft/assets, it just wouldn't happen.

Guest_ConvergenceAir_*

Guest_ConvergenceAir_*
  • Guests
I don't mean to be a turd in the punch bowl, but trust me, paying won't get rid of people trying to ruin a game. Every game has cheaters and people that are out to ruin the experience for everyone. The only solution is to simply ban the people who have infractions that cause for a ban from the game.

Honestly, there are people out there who will pay money to go out and screw everyone up. Just putting a pricetag on a game will not turn people away.

miller22 (inactive)

miller22 (inactive)

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 607 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:AeProjectManager

Originally posted by ConvergenceAir
I personally think that a payware version would be ok, but what about just kicking the cheaters? I know that there are a lot of them, but IP tracking would probably solve the problem of cheaters. I would willingly pay for this game, but I do not think that it is worth it. As it has been said before, not everyone is able to pay just to play a game that is just supposed to simulate airline management.

Tracking the known cheaters and banning accounts would most likely eliminate 80% of the cheaters in this game. Also, tracking different transactions by IP could eliminate the aircraft cheating. I would like to see this game played for free, and I feel that I have legitimate reasons for why this game should remain a free game for the enjoyment of everyone. However, this is just wishful thinking.

We do have IP tracking, but there are a number of people who have been able to log in with different IP's, and cheat by buying and selling between their multiple airlines. With some of the features we wish to add, this will become easier and easier to do, and it will become more pronounced. Airline Empires is an economic simulation, and it is just as susceptible to fraud as any real-world economy. If citizens (players) don't have faith in their currency (integrity of the game), the economy will collapse.

While pay to play won't necessarily fix this problem, it will cost them a certain amount in order to cheat, and therefore will dissuade many of the cheaters.

Canadian

Canadian

AE Luver

• 347 posts
I, for one, would probably pay to play AE, but at the moment I am finishing off my high school education, but once I've started University I'll probably have a source of income...didn't work very much in my high school days, but yeah, 5 bucks a month is reasonable, but as Miller said, there will still be a free version...but I would switch to pay as soon as I would be financially able.

Those who still run on allowances (I never really had an allowance lol, more like ask for money when I need it and usually got it) probably can't afford 5 dollars a month, but for a University student, which I will be this coming September, it is not that big a deal...

As long as the pay version would be better than free, I'd pay.

piercey

piercey

I heart Embraer!

• 1,375 posts

Originally posted by Fredways
3.) I believe paying for added features would a.) provide a more realistic and satisfying simulation environment, and b.) would cut down on many of the inherent holes in the game. If properly motivated, and if I had the desire, I could, for example, as it presently is situated, take ten minutes, a couple of free e-mail accounts, and create a mess of new airlines to flood routes of others (like Embre Air, for a retaliatory example) with $1 fares in an effort to ruin them. Of course, as he, like many on here, undoubtedly has little to do but monitor his simulated airline all day, he'd catch on quickly and shift to new markets. This mirrors my point #2 above. Presently this kind of shift of resources to maintain profit levels and pricing discretion is easy. At some point it won't be, and the "high flyer" capabilities of some will be cut short. Look at the real life LCCs and their changing growth strategies as an example: this is how things really work.

Let's get something straight, I have never cheated, I don't plan to cheat, and if you or your buddies ever claim I cheated or say I might cheat, well, my heart could turn the other way:mad:

Sunshine Airways CEO

Sunshine Airways CEO

• 568 posts

User's Awards

5    5      

Originally posted by AirCanada

Those who still run on allowances (I never really had an allowance lol, more like ask for money when I need it and usually got it) probably can't afford 5 dollars a month, but for a University student, which I will be this coming September, it is not that big a deal...

I thought it would be the other way around. :(

I'm still a broke college student but I would pay money to pay this game. It has proven itself to be a great game worthy of spending money on it.

piercey

piercey

I heart Embraer!

• 1,375 posts

Originally posted by aj_n

Thank You!! Honestly, you are the most mature person here! (and the best artist:))

Artist as in flight sim texture artist? You must not have seen my work before.:(

No, he's the one that made my logo:o. I've never seen your stuff, but I've heard it's very good:)

Pacific

Pacific

• 1,013 posts

User's Awards

2       2      
and to think some of the proven cheaters have not been penalised.

Why go for a pay version when we haven't even had the chance to moderate the game properly? (because miller had other stuff to do with real life as well as programming new features for the game)

Canadian

Canadian

AE Luver

• 347 posts

Originally posted by S.A. 13

Originally posted by AirCanada

I thought it would be the other way around. :(

I'm still a broke college student but I would pay money to pay this game. It has proven itself to be a great game worthy of spending money on it.

Well, the way I said it would be true if you had a source of income and didn't have to pay your tuition fees. :(

piercey

piercey

I heart Embraer!

• 1,375 posts
Oh I would spend the cash if it was a premium version, problem is would be finding it...:(

Fredways

Fredways

• 90 posts

Let's get something straight, I have never cheated, I don't plan to cheat, and if you or your buddies ever claim I cheated or say I might cheat, well, my heart could turn the other way:mad:

You must have failed reading comprehension. I did not say you cheated. I used you as an example of how easy it would be to retaliate against you, if properly motivated, under the present simulation circumstances.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users