The Navy... Again?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

watchdog

watchdog

Senior AE Manager

• 534 posts
looks like a few are (navy) in this round for they must do this cheating style play to gain more rankings (SADDDDDDDDDDDDD)
Posted Image

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts
I already asked one person what they were doing when I saw it.
Posted ImagePosted Image

galapagapop

galapagapop

• 602 posts
I am the one with LAX-SFO at $0.00 And it ain't for Navy anything, I'm losing money on the route, obviously, I have A/C that have hours, I want regionals out of the LAX system, so I put the 190's at $0. I ain't pouring on more capacity with other A/C it's just one.
CEO of:
Posted Image

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts
  • WLM ID:travelhouse007@gmail.com
Unless you are compeating on a route and you have 100% LF you are taking advantage of this known bug. Having $0.00 or $1 routes is not or anything to do with this bug.

Those who suspect players taking advantage of the bug should report it in the forums, as this is an outright method of cheating.

galapagapop

galapagapop

• 602 posts
Unless I was operating an insane number of frequences with many A/C but that isn't the case, someone is just upset I'm operating $0 routes :P
CEO of:
Posted Image

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts
Operate as many $0 routes as you want. The more the better. :P
Posted ImagePosted Image

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts
  • WLM ID:travelhouse007@gmail.com

Operate as many $0 routes as you want. The more the better. :P

Yep $0.00 fares makes all this and more :(

Posted Image

LOT 737-300

LOT 737-300

• 274 posts
  • WLM ID:kw5024@cs.com
  • AIM Screen Name:kw5024
  • Yahoo ID:lot767300
Yeah, I'd agree. Even though this happens in the real world, people wouldn't flock to an airline that offers super low fares usually (See Independence Air). But AE people are different, if they see a super low fare, in most cases, they'll refuse to fly anything else. So it really messes up the market in the game. But as long as its not a regulated society in AE, we'll continue seeing some people with $50/$1 fares to kill off smaller players. This sorta reminds me of that one episode of South Park (the WoW episode).

glarus

glarus

• 93 posts

Unless I was operating an insane number of frequences with many A/C but that isn't the case, someone is just upset I'm operating $0 routes :P

Not so much upset, just was wondering what the deal was. I thought it might be an attempt to force other carriers off the route, setting up for a later increase, but since people here seem to talk about bugs without actually saying how they work I didn't know how to know it when I see it.

LOT is right - one carrier's low fare would not drive everyone to it. Consider especially this scenario:

Carrier 1 flies A to B for $.01. They don't fly B to C.
Carrier 2 flies A to B for $100 and A to C (stopping in :( for $125. They fly B to C for $150.

Obviously people wanting to go A to C will have to use 2, so they'll fly A-B-C, all on 2, despite the cheap A-B route on 1. AE doesn't account for that (so I assume.)

LOT 737-300

LOT 737-300

• 274 posts
  • WLM ID:kw5024@cs.com
  • AIM Screen Name:kw5024
  • Yahoo ID:lot767300
Another thing that I think this needs mentioning is that they might have hubs, which further help the bigger player with it.

galapagapop

galapagapop

• 602 posts
BTW there is now a hidden fee on my fares, $.25 in fees :P
CEO of:
Posted Image

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts
Take a look at Cockpit - Crew on LAX-LAS. Can't even get the graph to come up he has bugged the route so bad.

http://sim.airlineem...1=LAX&city2=LAS
Posted ImagePosted Image

galapagapop

galapagapop

• 602 posts

Take a look at Cockpit - Crew on LAX-LAS. Can't even get the graph to come up he has bugged the route so bad.

http://sim.airlineem...1=LAX&city2=LAS

Hell even on Navy's old famous route. Na he's just being a bugger. He needs to undo some A/C frequencies though put em on toerh routes if he's trying to hold some gates.
CEO of:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users