Photo

Stop spam airlines by not permitting any airline to schedule more than 2x the daily demand on any route

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

fustercluck

fustercluck

hi

• 9 posts

Kinda confused here, what makes an airline a spamliner? Also, is my airline a spamliner?

I'm pretty sure a spamliner is an airline that operates a low demand route with aircraft that have lots of seats, like an A380. For example, a spamliner would operate a route with only 10 demand, for example, using an A380 with all economy seats, establish hubs on both sides of the route (for connecting pax), then set the ticket price to $1. I think that's how it works. 

TNT88

TNT88

Member With The Most Trophies.

• 3,417 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

I'm pretty sure a spamliner is an airline that operates a low demand route with aircraft that have lots of seats, like an A380. For example, a spamliner would operate a route with only 10 demand, for example, using an A380 with all economy seats, establish hubs on both sides of the route (for connecting pax), then set the ticket price to $1. I think that's how it works. 

Not always, they could be unrealistic airlines who flew Soviet aircrafts in 2020 in the US or Daily Utilization of aircrafts at 19+ hours or have aircrafts that are 30-40 years old.

Jarkii

Jarkii

Airline Simulation Addict

• 278 posts

User's Awards

2    3   

too true.

Last time I checked, UAL didnt operate the 747-400M and most certaintly did not operate the Boeing 737-300 in a 2/15/105 configuration, nor did they operate the ATR42/72 and CRJ200 at a mainline level.

Bro is out here complaining about the same airlines he is a part of

Bro has a CRJ-200 with a single first class seat  XD

zipp

zipp

Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica.

• 3,268 posts

User's Awards

Bro has a CRJ-200 with a single first class seat  XD

last time i checked United didn't have a hub in Anchorage XD

GcveK9y.png

f5RRaJZ.png

I want my gays illegal and my racism married