Photo

Why is nothing ever done about spamming

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

Hardcore 787 Shill

Hardcore 787 Shill

AE Addict To-Be

• 19 posts

exactly! what do you think those will do yah? cash into something nice or something?

It's just ego fuel. Dunno why he needs any more, his ego's already higher up than Mt. Everest  :disgusted:

Sith Lord Ssempa

Sith Lord Ssempa

AE Player

• 28 posts

User's Awards

you look happy and healthy

darling

atnt71eb

atnt71eb

Emperor of AE - Most Trophies, Undefeated. Universally beloved.

• 342 posts

User's Awards

60    63    143    14    3   

Can I ask you what you underlying intentions are? Are you simply looking to accrue as many trophies as possible?

It's just an amusing thing to do while watching TV, listening to an audiobook/podcast. The time commitment is not huge; I haven't logged into my current #1 airlines in weeks.

CitrusCritter

CitrusCritter

AE Addict To-Be

• 19 posts

I think this could all be solved by changing the realistic worlds to be realistic and limiting airlines to like 5 hubs. We already have a one hub challenge. Somewhere between 5 to 10 would be realistic within the realm of like 95%+ plus airlines in the world.

M31MK

M31MK

A300 Lover

• 87 posts

I think this could all be solved by changing the realistic worlds to be realistic and limiting airlines to like 5 hubs. We already have a one hub challenge. Somewhere between 5 to 10 would be realistic within the realm of like 95%+ plus airlines in the world.

Or by enforcing the no exploits rule...

J.C

J.C

Resident Snowflake

• 88 posts

Summing up this thread:

eaiHelO.png

Chill out guys. The spamliner guys clearly have nothing better to do in their lives besides spamming and ruining the realism of this game, and no matter what you say to them they will stand by the fact that it's "a real strategy." At this point they are literally trolling you guys IN THIS THREAD. There's no point, just move on with your day.

BptHjvp.png

amodsk

amodsk

• 3 posts

User's Awards

4    2    3      

I think that Empire guy is really s*** since if he really believes in exploiting logical rules/ coding anomaly he should rather spend his time finding and exploiting systems in any real world. He is not as smart as he thinks he is else we would have realized that anyone can simply squeeze him dry by changing code logic. 

Suck up Empire.. no matter what you claim or say it still does not change the fact that you are less than true spamliner. :-) Get real man & grow up.

atnt71eb

atnt71eb

Emperor of AE - Most Trophies, Undefeated. Universally beloved.

• 342 posts

User's Awards

60    63    143    14    3   

you are less than true spamliner.

Wow, We shudder to contemplate the dimensions of a TRUE spamliner. It would have to dwarf the largest versions of Our Empire. If ever We see such a beast, We will hail it as Emperor. 

Until then, your duty is to hail Us as Emperor.

hayhaa

hayhaa

christs sake

• 1,681 posts

User's Awards

ive been operating a pretty successful airline rn despite the presence of the spamliners, really easy

iheartplanes

iheartplanes

AE Player

• 28 posts

ive been operating a pretty successful airline rn despite the presence of the spamliners, really easy

ditto, in the usa

secret_0823

secret_0823

AE Player

• 57 posts

User's Awards

It is not exploiting or cheating, it is simply a way to play the game. Also, airlines in real life do this too, just on a far lesser extent then what is done here.

Give an example. Emirates 11 Daily A380 makes sense since most aircraft are full

Ashcreek115

Ashcreek115

AE Player

• 26 posts

It's funny, RubberDuck said "Its not exploiting or cheating" oh, so infinite passengers due to the fare being a dollar is realistic and an intended feature that the devs consciously left in the game? 

Also the "Whats the big deal, we're not hurting anyone," argument is just wrong. On multiple levels.
1. You are devaluing the achievement of getting trophies. By having hundreds, someone having a single one becomes less impressive, even if it was with a realistic airline.
2.  You make the game harder to play for everyone else. By flooding routes, you effectively kill all competition. Its well known that spamlines are able to simply kill other airlines by flooding a route. Spamlines have made the US, EU, and China off limits due to the fact that they are always spammed. 
3. "The game is still healthy, its fine, servers are filling!" S4 (new players only) has 11 airlines. In 1994. Only a few months ago I joined that world and it had 70+. The game is dying, you just don't want to accept it. Many (MANY) worlds are filling slower than they used to, stuff like "small world" aren't full, and newer players are scared off by Spamlines (or just large airlines) vacuuming up most of the newbie friendly markets. 

Shut the hell up if you want to argue Spamlines have no consequences, and aren't breaking any rules.

Thatflyerguy

Thatflyerguy

AE Addict

• 208 posts

User's Awards

exactly

msg-284924-0-43010000-1638583211.gif

RubberDuckGaming

RubberDuckGaming

Duck

• 397 posts

User's Awards

It's funny, RubberDuck said "Its not exploiting or cheating" oh, so infinite passengers due to the fare being a dollar is realistic and an intended feature that the devs consciously left in the game? 

Also the "Whats the big deal, we're not hurting anyone," argument is just wrong. On multiple levels.
1. You are devaluing the achievement of getting trophies. By having hundreds, someone having a single one becomes less impressive, even if it was with a realistic airline.
2.  You make the game harder to play for everyone else. By flooding routes, you effectively kill all competition. Its well known that spamlines are able to simply kill other airlines by flooding a route. Spamlines have made the US, EU, and China off limits due to the fact that they are always spammed. 
3. "The game is still healthy, its fine, servers are filling!" S4 (new players only) has 11 airlines. In 1994. Only a few months ago I joined that world and it had 70+. The game is dying, you just don't want to accept it. Many (MANY) worlds are filling slower than they used to, stuff like "small world" aren't full, and newer players are scared off by Spamlines (or just large airlines) vacuuming up most of the newbie friendly markets. 

Shut the hell up if you want to argue Spamlines have no consequences, and aren't breaking any rules.

No, it isn’t realistic or an intended feature, but the fact that the spamlining strategy has existed for many years and the developers have not patched it out shows that it has been consciously left in the game for now. (I would expect it to be removed if AE4.0 ever comes.) 

1. The value of acquiring a virtual trophy in an online game is already questionable, but plenty of players have acquired large numbers of trophies without spamlining.

2. Players have the option of setting up their airlines in other game worlds where spamlining is less prevalent, or starting at the beginning of the game world before spamlines can get off the ground. A large and established airline is by nature more powerful than newer players; this factor is not unique to spamlines.

3. The worlds are constantly resetting, with the Sandbox ones resetting the quickest. The new player world is also severely constrained by the fact you can only start an airline there if your account is younger than 90 days old. As for the game’s popularity, I haven’t noticed any differences over the past few years, but from Google Trends data, popularity seems to actually be increasing.

6DAF18E9-01AB-4C75-BA89-CF609AFA4A8D.jpeg

Iacetal

Iacetal

Perhaps

• 2 posts

No, it isn’t realistic or an intended feature, but the fact that the spamlining strategy has existed for many years and the developers have not patched it out shows that it has been consciously left in the game for now. (I would expect it to be removed if AE4.0 ever comes.) 

1. The value of acquiring a virtual trophy in an online game is already questionable, but plenty of players have acquired large numbers of trophies without spamlining.

2. Players have the option of setting up their airlines in other game worlds where spamlining is less prevalent, or starting at the beginning of the game world before spamlines can get off the ground. A large and established airline is by nature more powerful than newer players; this factor is not unique to spamlines.

3. The worlds are constantly resetting, with the Sandbox ones resetting the quickest. The new player world is also severely constrained by the fact you can only start an airline there if your account is younger than 90 days old. As for the game’s popularity, I haven’t noticed any differences over the past few years, but from Google Trends data, popularity seems to actually be increasing.

I mean, Yuxi as been MIA for years now at least in terms of actual development of the game and he's really the only one that could patch out Spamlining so it's not been consciously left in. 

To your second point, Spamlining has a ridiculously large footprint in EVERY world. Hell, even I'm running Scam IFS nowadays just to survive the spamlines. I wouldn't care of the Spamlines stayed in the Sandbox worlds it's the fact that the Realistic worlds, you know the worlds that are intended to be for creating realistic airlines, have just become infected with more and more spamlines over the years.

But you know all that, you're a spamliner yourself (and a spamline apologist) that for some reason, I suspect because of age though, doesn't understand how that makes the game unfun for literally everyone else, particularly in the Realistic worlds. 

If you want to spamline, fine, but stay in the Sandbox worlds that are intended for something like that.

Thatflyerguy

Thatflyerguy

AE Addict

• 208 posts

User's Awards

I wouldn't care of the Spamlines stayed in the Sandbox worlds it's the fact that the Realistic worlds, you know the worlds that are intended to be for creating realistic airlines, have just become infected with more and more spamlines over the years.

this, i think, is the main issue that everyone is having. the realistic worlds are also the spamlined worlds

msg-284924-0-43010000-1638583211.gif

Jarkii

Jarkii

Airline Simulation Addict

• 301 posts

User's Awards

2    3   

here's what you do about spamlining:

1. play for reputation, not valuation

2. don't play in USA or China (or europe in worlds that start 1990+)

3. Play in smaller worlds

it's obvious that "spamlining" is the best way to attain the valuation trophy, so if you want to get it, learn to play that way. As has been said here already, it's within the rules of the game.

Nouroog

Nouroog

AE Addict To-Be

• 10 posts

User's Awards

7    3    2    3   

here's what you do about spamlining:

1. play for reputation, not valuation

2. don't play in USA or China (or europe in worlds that start 1990+)

3. Play in smaller worlds

it's obvious that "spamlining" is the best way to attain the valuation trophy, so if you want to get it, learn to play that way. As has been said here already, it's within the rules of the game.

Playing for reputation is not really challenging. Quite easy to get a 100% reputation.

The best way I found to avoid spamlining is the S1 world  (one hub/terminal limit). More difficult for spamliners to kill competition, although some do succeed.

ed.constantin

ed.constantin

get.scammed

• 7 posts

User's Awards

4       2   

I mean, Yuxi as been MIA for years now at least in terms of actual development of the game and he's really the only one that could patch out Spamlining so it's not been consciously left in. 

To your second point, Spamlining has a ridiculously large footprint in EVERY world. Hell, even I'm running Scam IFS nowadays just to survive the spamlines. I wouldn't care of the Spamlines stayed in the Sandbox worlds it's the fact that the Realistic worlds, you know the worlds that are intended to be for creating realistic airlines, have just become infected with more and more spamlines over the years.

But you know all that, you're a spamliner yourself (and a spamline apologist) that for some reason, I suspect because of age though, doesn't understand how that makes the game unfun for literally everyone else, particularly in the Realistic worlds. 

If you want to spamline, fine, but stay in the Sandbox worlds that are intended for something like that.

What exactly you mean by spam line? I'm currently 5th by valuation and my IFS' are 3-star (4 start for the A380's First seats), I'm trying to have 2-3 daily departures, and I do own 2000 planes that I'm fighting daily to keep them under 15 years of age. I'm also playing an airline that has Business and First seats realistically configured. Just because I spend more time on this game doesn't mean I'm spamming. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users