Photo

Why is nothing ever done about spamming

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

atnt71eb

atnt71eb

Emperor of AE - Most Trophies, Undefeated. Universally beloved.

• 342 posts

User's Awards

60    63    143    14    3   

Your invocation of the so called Capitalist Death Drive smacks of sloppy philosophical discourse. In a purely Lacanian sense, and really that is the only school of theory relevant when discussing the basics of psychoanalysis, the death drive does not have any corollary to the actions you undertake in the world of Airline Empires. A much more nuanced reading would be through the lens of the hyper-real as the simulation of capitalism present in the game accelerates and breaks down under pressure to the system, thus achieving a sort of symbolic exchange where the constraints of the real world are eschewed and information about airport travel figures and aircraft types fade out of importance through exploitation of profit sources in the simulation. If Airline Empires is read through the lens of Bjerg as a game, then you have already lost because your discursive act was against the game instead of the law and so you have succumbed to desire as opposed to accepting the unenforced rules of the game and stepping into a world not structured by desire and law.

Ah how we enjoy having philosphers in our court, you will fit in nicely. Just this once, however, We will let you know not to give the impression that you are better-read than The Emperor.

Hardcore 787 Shill

Hardcore 787 Shill

AE Addict To-Be

• 19 posts

Ah how we enjoy having philosphers in our court, you will fit in nicely. Just this once, however, We will let you know not to give the impression that you are better-read than The Emperor.

Top Ten Ways To Appear Like A Narcissistic Piece Of Crap! Number Three Will Shock You  O_O

And no, I don't talk like that. Just remember that some people actually want to enjoy the game - trying to fight off spamliners like you isn't ever entertaining for anyone but yourself. Please take your unwarranted bronze awards and your ego some place where they're welcome.

atnt71eb

atnt71eb

• 342 posts

User's Awards

Please take your unwarranted bronze awards and your ego some place where they're welcome.

What shall We do with our 54 gold awards?

Hardcore 787 Shill

Hardcore 787 Shill

AE Addict To-Be

• 19 posts

We? You. And what you should do with them is take them some place people actually positively care about them. The only person on these forums who actually likes you from what it looks like is yourself.

TheNewTeddy

TheNewTeddy

• 5 posts

hi, I'm a rookie. I play for a few weeks then take months off. I don't know the terminology very well. what is a "spamliner"?

Hardcore 787 Shill

Hardcore 787 Shill

AE Addict To-Be

• 19 posts

hi, I'm a rookie. I play for a few weeks then take months off. I don't know the terminology very well. what is a "spamliner"?

Spamliners are airlines, often with a single letter name like "a", "b", "c" etc, that are designed to kill off every other airline. Often times a user will set up several accounts, set up an airline on each account and form alliances between these airlines.

atnt71eb

atnt71eb

• 342 posts

User's Awards

We? You.

It is Our prerogative to use the royal We on account of Our status as Emperor. As a barbarian it is your right to submit or be crushed.

CitrusCritter

CitrusCritter

AE Addict To-Be

• 19 posts

Spamliners are airlines, often with a single letter name like "a", "b", "c" etc, that are designed to kill off every other airline. Often times a user will set up several accounts, set up an airline on each account and form alliances between these airlines.

Not just this, but they exploit the game's mechanics by setting every city as a hub, which seems to generate magical numbers of connections that build on each other and spirals out of control. Most of them you can take 100% of the O/D passengers and they wouldn't even notice because they're filling 100,000 seats between two destinations that have demand for 10 people daily all off of these exploited algorithms around connecting passengers.

ZEEM101

ZEEM101

AE Addict To-Be

• 11 posts

On a previous, now deleted account, I remember when trying to run a semi realistic airline was fun. I remember when trying to be an independent airline without an alliance was fun.

Now its just BS, i don't even like playing anymore, I just do it to pass time at work.

CEO of the Nexus Aviation Group

Group Airlines

Nexus Aviation

Nexus Connection

Fly neXus

post-284924-0-83392400-1635305102.gif

Hardcore 787 Shill

Hardcore 787 Shill

AE Addict To-Be

• 19 posts

It is Our prerogative to use the royal We on account of Our status as Emperor. As a barbarian it is your right to submit or be crushed.

You aren't an emperor, you're most likely just some 30 year old neckbeard in his mom's basement. There is no "submit or be crushed". Please remove yourself, honestly - the only person who gets enjoyment out of any of this is you. Go troll on some other airline sim. We don't like you here.

Not just this, but they exploit the game's mechanics by setting every city as a hub, which seems to generate magical numbers of connections that build on each other and spirals out of control. Most of them you can take 100% of the O/D passengers and they wouldn't even notice because they're filling 100,000 seats between two destinations that have demand for 10 people daily all off of these exploited algorithms around connecting passengers.

It's shameful. There's absolutely no honour in not playing by the rules, written or not. I don't understand why these people have this much free time to actually figure out ways to break the game to the detriment of everyone else's enjoyment. It's genuinely such a pity we have to put up with people like that, especially with Yuxi not doing anything about it at all despite being, like, the only "active" administrative member from what I can tell.

On a previous, now deleted account, I remember when trying to run a semi realistic airline was fun. I remember when trying to be an independent airline without an alliance was fun.

Now its just BS, i don't even like playing anymore, I just do it to pass time at work.

It's hard to enjoy something when particular individuals just suck the fun out of it. I don't even understand what's so enjoyable about only playing with spamlines? Schadenfreude ad nauseam loses its value extremely quickly. It's not charming. It's not pretty.

@atnt71eb - you're just an ugly thorn in the side of the community. You should leave. And that is a hill I am, and many others are, ready to die on.

atnt71eb

atnt71eb

• 342 posts

User's Awards

We don't like you here.

See signature - Universally Beloved. We said it, thus it is true.

kawaiisovietball

kawaiisovietball

Stalinium-biased communist player of AE XD

• 152 posts

User's Awards

2    2   

See signature - Universally Beloved. We said it, thus it is true.

Good luck trying to win in the real life. Not a single ant would fly your airline

Soviet Stronk

da_Master_Airliner

da_Master_Airliner

master airliner

• 443 posts

Good luck trying to win in the real life. Not a single ant would fly your airline

XD  XD  XD it's true.

Chief Executive and Founder of Worldwide Alliance
msg-284924-0-43010000-1638583211.gif

Hardcore 787 Shill

Hardcore 787 Shill

AE Addict To-Be

• 19 posts

That's being generous. Any form of biological life wouldn't touch one of his planes with a barge pole.

kawaiisovietball

kawaiisovietball

Stalinium-biased communist player of AE XD

• 152 posts

User's Awards

2    2   

Imagine flying between Lebanon, New York and Grand Canyon West, Nevada with 747-400 660Y 

Soviet Stronk

atnt71eb

atnt71eb

• 342 posts

User's Awards

Actually one of Our perks is ants fly free. Sure, We charge $75 for a crappy dinner but the ants joining you for dinner are free.

Zacca

Zacca

AE nostalgic member

• 1,738 posts

Imagine flying between Lebanon, New York and Grand Canyon West, Nevada with 747-400 660Y 

step down, soviet

atnt71eb

atnt71eb

• 342 posts

User's Awards

That you don't understand why The Empire would never fly this route explains why you can't approach The Emperor, despite the numerous times We've disclosed our methods. 

Mr Tree

Mr Tree

AE Addict

• 886 posts

That you don't understand why The Empire would never fly this route explains why you can't approach The Emperor, despite the numerous times We've disclosed our methods. 

Can I ask you what you underlying intentions are? Are you simply looking to accrue as many trophies as possible?

da_Master_Airliner

da_Master_Airliner

master airliner

• 443 posts

Can I ask you what you underlying intentions are? Are you simply looking to accrue as many trophies as possible?

exactly! what do you think those will do yah? cash into something nice or something?

Chief Executive and Founder of Worldwide Alliance
msg-284924-0-43010000-1638583211.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users