Public Market Planes

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Russ

Russ

Junior Birdman

• 161 posts

Let'stake the 50k per day example and do so calculating..

50 * 24 = 1.200.000

This is your profit per game month. Now say you need to wait three months for the plane to be delivered. That makes the missed profit 3.6 million. If you could have gotten one at 700k over value (making it 20 milion), you missed out on 2.9 milion of profit. Ofcourse, if you can get your planes for a serious discount, this changes the picture, but for a discount of that much, you need to place like 20 or 30 aircraft orders..

And that is part of the point for the larger players. Although the first planes of an order may not take9 months, if you order more than two, they are limited to 2 a day. To take your theoretical 20 aircraft, it will take at least 10 days before you get your next aircraft. So if you can afford it, you buy both on the open market and from the Q.

That said, if I was a smaller player (I was once), and had enough to buy one on the open market, I would buy 2 by either choosing another aircraft almost as good with no order delay, or order my aircraft and take the slight delay.

Last round with unlimited deliveries, there were only a few aircraft in play. This round, there are a lot of Saabs and ATR 72's, and EMB's that didn't get used. I substituted ATR 72's for my Q400's early this game, as long as my routes were about 500 miles or less, there was no noticeable difference. Certainly not enough to make up for the delivery delay.
Bushey Airlines

A little of this and a little of that.

Member ACE

airbigos

airbigos

• 27 posts
I just picked up 739 under the msrp off the "used" market. wasn't much cheaper then the list price only $10K. It's already making $120K.
You can find some good values.

WingsOTWorld

WingsOTWorld

MEMBER 4EVA!

• 822 posts
You can always find good values...man..i remember grabbing an A319 sold at 22 mil.....DANG.....was I happy! Even though I had some guy undercut me on a different route, I scored a sweet deal....deals are out there...you just have to be on at the time they come around (or at least not in summer school trying to get ahead :P
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Aircraft Owned: ATR-72s, Saabs, EMB-195LRs, A319s, 1 Q400, and A330s
ANA-The Pinnacle of Japanese Aviation (Kickin off at ORD) -An ACE Alliance Member / エイス アラヤンス メンバー全日空
ID#:10917

airbigos

airbigos

• 27 posts
So how do you like the used market now ANA?

ICEHOCEY77

ICEHOCEY77

• 44 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:ICEHOCEY77
Well having to dump all my A330's in the public market at one time sure isn't helping...

FSPilot

FSPilot

• 73 posts
I just bought a Q400 from someone for about 10 mil UNDER value. I was pretty psyched about that. Gave my valuation about a 10 million dollar boost :P

Didn't really have any routes planned for it but i came up with something

I could of bought two if i had the cash on hand.
Posted Image
4 Q400s
2 EMB-195LRs
Service to 9 cities
:airplane
Increase the Flash Gordon noise and put more science stuff around...

WingsOTWorld

WingsOTWorld

MEMBER 4EVA!

• 822 posts
Who? Skylink...be careful...cheat police might just come after you....cause thats what happened to me...for some....unusual reason I've yet to clear up myself.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

ANA-The Pinnacle of Japanese Aviation (Kickin off at ORD) -An ACE Alliance Member / エイス アラヤンス メンバー全日空

FSPilot

FSPilot

• 73 posts
i dont remember who it was, and it was a few days if not a week ago.

do you think i should be worried about that?
Posted Image
4 Q400s
2 EMB-195LRs
Service to 9 cities
:airplane
Increase the Flash Gordon noise and put more science stuff around...

WingsOTWorld

WingsOTWorld

MEMBER 4EVA!

• 822 posts
It depends on how punchy the "cheat" police feel like being..they just went crazy a week ago ...and they still owe me 30 million too....now its quiet....i guess they took too many lithium tablets last week or something.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Alex_Stankevitch

Alex_Stankevitch

• 379 posts

It depends on how punchy the "cheat" police feel like being..they just went crazy a week ago ...and they still owe me 30 million too....now its quiet....i guess they took too many lithium tablets last week or something.

LOL, me too. I had them ask me about getting a Q400 for 14 million off the market.
Posted Image
ID:10979

Our Stats

whowey

whowey

• 260 posts

"cheat" police .

'Who' are the cheat police? I haven't ran into them yet???? But from reading posts, I'm thinking they patrol the sales for 'funny smelling' deals?

If that is what they do, I am suprised I didn't hear from them, when I bought a half-pricer on the public market from one of those 'airlines' that is nothing but a series of letters, and all hanging at about 1100 in the rankings.

Or last week when my BIL, was here and wanted to try AE. He couldn't make any money, got mad, tried to sell me his aircraft cheap and quit.
Posted ImageMember of the Posted Image ID: 11893
Owned: A bunch of aircraft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users