Public Market Planes

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

WingsOTWorld

WingsOTWorld

MEMBER 4EVA!

• 822 posts
With some of the steep prices on some of the most wanted aircraft out there (I myself have been guilty of charging them), I just had to bring up the question, how many of them are actually bought and by whom? The 739 and A319 are most prominent in my opinion.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Aircraft Owned: ATR-72s, Saabs, EMB-195LRs, A319s, 1 Q400, and A330s
ANA-The Pinnacle of Japanese Aviation (Kickin off at ORD) -An ACE Alliance Member / エイス アラヤンス メンバー全日空
ID#:10917

HADC10

HADC10

• 273 posts
Definitley not me. All my fleet except for Beeches and 1 Q400 are bought directly from the manufaturer. It's cheaper that way.
Posted Image
ID 724
The North Country's Premier Airline
Proud Member of 3RA-North America Regional Coordinator
Offering over 100 flights a day to SEA, ANC, YYC, DEL, DEN, YEG, HND, HNL, KIX, LAS, LAX, MSP, PEK, CDG, PHX, PDX, RNO, SLC, SAN, SFO,TUS, YVR, and IAD
Click here for a no-fail AE strategy guide
Posted Image
Posted Image

CaptKornDog

CaptKornDog

• 108 posts
In past rounds, I paid $1 mil premium for a couple of A319s and A320s because of the waits. But so far this round, I haven't bought a single plane off the public market, simply not worth it for an airline my size.
Posted Image
"Hemisphere Airlines. See more. Do more."
ID #: 2570
===============
1 Airbus A319
2 Dash 8-Q400s
1 Saab 2000s
3 Beech 1900Ds

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts
Myself and others have no problem paying the extra $15 to $40M over value for A333's or larger aircraft. The demand is there for them, so there is nothing wrong with the prices. Until the market is flooded with these aircraft, they will continue to be offered and purchased at higher than normal prices.
Posted ImagePosted Image

WingsOTWorld

WingsOTWorld

MEMBER 4EVA!

• 822 posts
For A333s I understand (I know, I've sold a few myself), but what about the smaller ones like the 737s and A319s.....
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

ANA-The Pinnacle of Japanese Aviation (Kickin off at ORD) -An ACE Alliance Member / エイス アラヤンス メンバー全日空

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts
I pay $5-7M over value for A319's or B739's. I will not pay over $155M for A333's or $240M for B773ER's. So, the current market is for really desperate airlines.
Posted ImagePosted Image

WingsOTWorld

WingsOTWorld

MEMBER 4EVA!

• 822 posts
Interesting.......
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Tump

Tump

• 442 posts

User's Awards

I bought 738/739 for 5 mil over value max. Over that its simply too expensive in my opinion. A330 wont go any further than approx. 15 mil over value unless im in urgent need. And of course, as anyone would do, if I see someone offering below these prices I would almost certain get one of them if I need that type. But in general, I do believe current prices are rather on the high side.

FraZZe

FraZZe

• 2 posts

I pay $5-7M over value for A319's or B739's. I will not pay over $155M for A333's or $240M for B773ER's. So, the current market is for really desperate airlines.

I think PSA has right , the sellers are crazy!
Posted Image
15x Bombardier Q400
8x Saab 2000
1x Boeing 737-900
1x Airbius A330-300
2x Boeing 757-200 ( on order )
Airline ID #2057

WingsOTWorld

WingsOTWorld

MEMBER 4EVA!

• 822 posts
Lol...so im not crazy when i think those 739s are for rip off prices.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

BarbulaM1

BarbulaM1

• 226 posts
  • WLM ID:BarbulaM1@msn.com
  • AIM Screen Name:BarbulaM1
I have bought many 739s around 5mil over value, but never too much more than that. Now A333s :D, I don't think I have bought one off the public market this game, but I did just get 2 for 115million.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Discover The West, Go Beyond The West, Airways International
COAI Holding Group International - Airways International
Proudly serving the Greak Lakes region for over 15 years.

Visit: Simtropolis.com | Simvision.net (of course look for me)

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
I got no problem paying overvalue for planes at the moment. I make more than enough to cover the purchase price. Also, since im still growing and i still need these types of planes, im not going to start been conversative. Expansion is everything. :D

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

VC-10

VC-10

• 706 posts
The wonders of a broker within an Alliance: A319 for $41,000,000.
Proud member of the GoldenSKY Alliance, PM me to join!
Fleet:
3 Beach 1900D
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
British World Airlines-bwa No 3753
Posted Image

WSHNationals

WSHNationals

• 764 posts
  • WLM ID:WSHNationals7@hotmail.co
  • AIM Screen Name:ttwttwttsrdmbadb
Wow... this is the opposite of what happened last round, with cheap A333s for everyone!

I might have to bring in last round's broker tactics to come back this round :D
KD Air(id 3002) HUBS:
Fleet: 9X Beech 8X ATR-42 2X Q400 1X A319
Posted Image
Posted Image
Vice President of InterSky Alliance
Posted Image Posted Image

Russ

Russ

Junior Birdman

• 161 posts
It is a matter of opportunity cost. If I can buy a 739 at $5M over and get a DOP of $150K, then I can make that difference back in about 2 real days. Considering that I have planes on order for about the next two weeks (@2 per day), it will be making me money long before I would get it from the manufacturer. Or looking at it another way, I would be leaving money on the table if I didn't buy it on the public market.

I can also use my orders to get different frames like a 757 or 777 which isn't often on the open market.

I agree that about $5M is over list is all I will pay for an airframe.

For many of us, the open market is the only way to expand in excess of 2 planes per day. And as I stated above, the ROI is good, and the opportunity cost justifies it.
Bushey Airlines

A little of this and a little of that.

Member ACE

FlyNCL

FlyNCL

• 307 posts
The Queues and delivery restrictions mean it takes a lot longer to get planes this round, thats why people will pay more to get them of the used market. If you get a 739 on a good route and paid a few mil over value for it, you won't be much worse off.
Join #AirlineEmpires on QuakeNet and chat with the AE community now! If you visited the channel and liked it, please put a notice like this in your signature!

Troll

WingsOTWorld

WingsOTWorld

MEMBER 4EVA!

• 822 posts
Well thing is..you all can afford them, I cant, I have to wait.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

FSPilot

FSPilot

• 73 posts
For me I'd rather overpay a little bit now and start making money with the airplane today instead of wait for it to get delivered and lose all that potential revenue.

For example, the longest estimated delivery date for a new Q400 is 9 months. If I can make $50,000 per day with a Q400, that's 10.8 million dollars I'm not making by waiting the 9 months. It's more profitable in the long run to overpay a few hundred thousand dollars. That is, if you have the money to pay for it up front.

I guess it all depends on your situation.
Posted Image
4 Q400s
2 EMB-195LRs
Service to 9 cities
:airplane
Increase the Flash Gordon noise and put more science stuff around...

WingsOTWorld

WingsOTWorld

MEMBER 4EVA!

• 822 posts
But you dont wait 9 months...you end up waitin 2..3 months max, most of the orders there are for the brokers who sell for more, making like 2 mil on each one they sell.

oh and..KD...if you could bring around half priced A333s, bring it on! lol
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

TimS

TimS

• 204 posts
Let'stake the 50k per day example and do so calculating..

50 * 24 = 1.200.000

This is your profit per game month. Now say you need to wait three months for the plane to be delivered. That makes the missed profit 3.6 million. If you could have gotten one at 700k over value (making it 20 milion), you missed out on 2.9 milion of profit. Ofcourse, if you can get your planes for a serious discount, this changes the picture, but for a discount of that much, you need to place like 20 or 30 aircraft orders..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users