Photo

2019 Summer Design Contest [MIDWEST USA]

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

G.J.

G.J.

• 1,462 posts

Your forgot to include your HQ airport in your headline :D , just a reminder!

The thing is, it doesn’t really have any single main hub/airport, because it flies point-to-point as opposed to hub-and-spoke.

I guess technically it’d be CVG since the HQ is in Cincinnati.

Venture Co-Owner | Aloft Staff | Ex-Polaris Member | Unitedwings Co-Owner | Dynasty World Alliance Member

𝕆 ℝ 𝔼 𝕆 𝟙 𝟠

𝕆 ℝ 𝔼 𝕆 𝟙 𝟠

yeet skeet im a sheep

• 146 posts

The thing is, it doesn’t really have any single main hub/airport, because it flies point-to-point as opposed to hub-and-spoke.

I guess technically it’d be CVG since the HQ is in Cincinnati.

Ah. Ok. Makes sense.

Song Of The Week*:

Billie-Eilish-everythingiwanted-Artwork-

everything I wanted-Billie Eilish

Click To Listen

*that i update randomly sry

Bradimir

Bradimir

Missing?

• 715 posts

User's Awards

No cargo airlines? Why? That's a stupid rule, cargo airlines are the best.

unknown.pngEstablished Oct. 2012

#GOSTROS

𝕆 ℝ 𝔼 𝕆 𝟙 𝟠

𝕆 ℝ 𝔼 𝕆 𝟙 𝟠

yeet skeet im a sheep

• 146 posts

No cargo airlines? Why? That's a stupid rule, cargo airlines are the best.

Never said they weren't allowed, they just have to be a subsidiary.

Song Of The Week*:

Click To Listen

honestly17

honestly17

bruh moment

• 31 posts

Group A | Dairyland Airlines | MKE (Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US)

Dairyland Airlines is an airline based in MKE. They also have a base in GRB (Green Bay, Wisconsin, US). They fly routes to big and small airports in the Midwestern US. Outside the Midwest, they fly to the Northeast Megalopolis area (DC-NYC-PHL-BOS area) and the Gulf Coast states (Texas, Louisiana, Florida, etc.) Outside of the US, they fly to YQT (Thunder Bay, Ontario, CA). 

Dairyland Logo
Dairyland Livery (A220)

#potatogang (im not from idaho)

honestly17

honestly17

bruh moment

• 31 posts

and yes that is a glass of milk on the tail

𝕆 ℝ 𝔼 𝕆 𝟙 𝟠

𝕆 ℝ 𝔼 𝕆 𝟙 𝟠

yeet skeet im a sheep

• 146 posts

and yes that is a glass of milk on the tail

XD is this a meme airline?

Song Of The Week*:

Click To Listen

honestly17

honestly17

bruh moment

• 31 posts

XD is this a meme airline?

sure lol

honestly17

honestly17

bruh moment

• 31 posts

btw why isnt michigan included in the midwest its more midwestern than arkansas and oklahoma

𝕆 ℝ 𝔼 𝕆 𝟙 𝟠

𝕆 ℝ 𝔼 𝕆 𝟙 𝟠

yeet skeet im a sheep

• 146 posts

btw why isnt michigan included in the midwest its more midwestern than arkansas and oklahoma

Because I want people to get creative and not just have their HQ's in a big airport like ORD, MSP or in this case DTW. I want people to open up lets say a smaller airline based in a smaller city that can still hold a substantial amount of demand. 2 airlines have already been based in St Louis and one in Miliwaukee. These 2 airports aren't big ones but they still have a lot of demand.

Song Of The Week*:

Click To Listen

G.J.

G.J.

• 1,462 posts

Yeah but there's also a lot of cities in Michigan that people can really get creative with. It's your competition though, not mine. :P

Venture Co-Owner | Aloft Staff | Ex-Polaris Member | Unitedwings Co-Owner | Dynasty World Alliance Member

𝕆 ℝ 𝔼 𝕆 𝟙 𝟠

𝕆 ℝ 𝔼 𝕆 𝟙 𝟠

yeet skeet im a sheep

• 146 posts

Ok then I'll consider it.

Song Of The Week*:

Click To Listen

𝕆 ℝ 𝔼 𝕆 𝟙 𝟠

𝕆 ℝ 𝔼 𝕆 𝟙 𝟠

yeet skeet im a sheep

• 146 posts

[UPDATE] I've added Michigan due to popular demand! We only have 4 submissions so far with only 5 days left!

Song Of The Week*:

Click To Listen

POTKC

POTKC

AE Know It All

• 195 posts

Group A | Air America | IND Indianapolis, CLE Cleveland, CMH Columbus, MKE Milwaukee

cdvUQWK.png

Airline - Air America
Aircraft - Boeing 777-200ER | N551MA
Delivered to Brasileira, 1998
Sold to CTN Capital Group, 2017
Stored at Pinal Airpark, 2017
Sold to Air America, 2019
Livery - Standard 2019
Country - United States of America

Air America, founded in early 2019, aims to provide long-haul service from some of the largest midwestern cities and metropolitan areas which are critically underserved by all major carriers, apart from in the domestic market. The four initial hubs for Air America are Indianapolis, Cleveland, Columbus, and Milwaukee. The airline began by receiving $300 million in startup capital from a variety of investors, using this to purchase seven used 777-200ERs from CTN Capital Group, and begin flying from the four cities named above to London Gatwick, Paris Orly, Frankfurt, Milan Malpensa, etc (all flights are currently flown non-daily). The airline does however hope to eventually order new 787s, which would be significantly more fuel efficient and appropriate size-wise.

The 777 shown here, N551MA, is a 21-year-old aircraft first delivered to Brasileira in 1998. Like the other six aircraft bought by Air America, it was first configured by CTN for sale to a different undisclosed airline which then declared bankruptcy. Because of this, Air America was able to get all seven at very low prices and with a brand new interior (see below), featuring 28 Business Class seats (specifically Zodiac Cirrus seats in a reverse herringbone set-up), 40 Premium Economy, and 308 Economy. The Premium Economy seats in this configuration especially significant as they have the most floor area per seat of any Premium Economy product on any airline in the world, unfolding into a nearly flat bed with over 160 degrees of recline.

N551MA in particular is adorned with the signature of Dan Quayle, Vice President under George H. W. Bush between 1989 and 1993. Quayle is a native of Indianapolis (one of Air America's hubs) and a supporter of the project to provide transatlantic service from 'under-appreciated' midwestern cities. While the large signature on the nose was painted on, he did also personally sign the aircraft, just aft of the L1 door.

Note: Click on the below image to open a full-size version in a new tab.

iGlnsbE.png

MoeKitsune

MoeKitsune

AE Player

• 70 posts

Group A | Air America | IND Indianapolis, CLE Cleveland, CMH Columbus, MKE Milwaukee

cdvUQWK.png

Airline - Air America
Aircraft - Boeing 777-200ER | N551MA
Delivered to Brasileira, 1998
Sold to CTN Capital Group, 2017
Stored at Pinal Airpark, 2017
Sold to Air America, 2019
Livery - Standard 2019
Country - United States of America

Air America, founded in early 2019, aims to provide long-haul service from some of the largest midwestern cities and metropolitan areas which are critically underserved by all major carriers, apart from in the domestic market. The four initial hubs for Air America are Indianapolis, Cleveland, Columbus, and Milwaukee. The airline began by receiving $300 million in startup capital from a variety of investors, using this to purchase seven used 777-200ERs from CTN Capital Group, and begin flying from the four cities named above to London Gatwick, Paris Orly, Frankfurt, Milan Malpensa, etc (all flights are currently flown non-daily). The airline does however hope to eventually order new 787s, which would be significantly more fuel efficient and appropriate size-wise.

The 777 shown here, N551MA, is a 21-year-old aircraft first delivered to Brasileira in 1998. Like the other six aircraft bought by Air America, it was first configured by CTN for sale to a different undisclosed airline which then declared bankruptcy. Because of this, Air America was able to get all seven at very low prices and with a brand new interior (see below), featuring 28 Business Class seats (specifically Zodiac Cirrus seats in a reverse herringbone set-up), 40 Premium Economy, and 308 Economy. The Premium Economy seats in this configuration especially significant as they have the most floor area per seat of any Premium Economy product on any airline in the world, unfolding into a nearly flat bed with over 160 degrees of recline.

N551MA in particular is adorned with the signature of Dan Quayle, Vice President under George H. W. Bush between 1989 and 1993. Quayle is a native of Indianapolis (one of Air America's hubs) and a supporter of the project to provide transatlantic service from 'under-appreciated' midwestern cities. While the large signature on the nose was painted on, he did also personally sign the aircraft, just aft of the L1 door.

Note: Click on the below image to open a full-size version in a new tab.

iGlnsbE.png

I love the backstory you made!

MoeKitsune

MoeKitsune

AE Player

• 70 posts

Oops, posted twice. My bad

𝕆 ℝ 𝔼 𝕆 𝟙 𝟠

𝕆 ℝ 𝔼 𝕆 𝟙 𝟠

yeet skeet im a sheep

• 146 posts

XD

Song Of The Week*:

Click To Listen

POTKC

POTKC

AE Know It All

• 195 posts

I love the backstory you made!

Thanks!

𝕆 ℝ 𝔼 𝕆 𝟙 𝟠

𝕆 ℝ 𝔼 𝕆 𝟙 𝟠

yeet skeet im a sheep

• 146 posts

!THE COMPETITION DEADLINE IS TOMORROW AT 11:59pm, make sure and submit before the deadline! 

Song Of The Week*:

Click To Listen

𝕆 ℝ 𝔼 𝕆 𝟙 𝟠

𝕆 ℝ 𝔼 𝕆 𝟙 𝟠

yeet skeet im a sheep

• 146 posts

[CLOSED] VOTE HERE FOR YOUR FAVORIITE:

https://forms.gle/eeezrS7oz5Vhe24y7

Song Of The Week*: