Photo

Regional Aircraft

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

KINGXyro

KINGXyro

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 579 posts

Are regional aircraft viable? I have many of these routes that is flown by a Boeing 737-200 Adv. that has 16-90 (Y) demand so they fly 1 to 9 times per week. 

I have been thinking of replacing the Boeing 737's with regional airliners (such as the ATR-series). Will they actually earn more than a Boeing 737 fitted with business class in a regional route?

edward99

edward99

AE Player

• 52 posts

User's Awards

It can really depend on which airport your flying between due to the cost of gates as slots can be so expensive

KJS607

KJS607

The O.G. Savage

• 3,860 posts

User's Awards

6       3   

Are regional aircraft viable? I have many of these routes that is flown by a Boeing 737-200 Adv. that has 16-90 (Y) demand so they fly 1 to 9 times per week. 

I have been thinking of replacing the Boeing 737's with regional airliners (such as the ATR-series). Will they actually earn more than a Boeing 737 fitted with business class in a regional route?

This very much depends on the era we are flying in here :P

msg-1341-0-50048700-1680446869_thumb.png

I did a thing: thetravelsavage.com

sound_guy0918

sound_guy0918

AE Know It All

• 163 posts

Ignoring the C-specific part (you are just diluting the demand), regional aircraft can be extremely profitable, especially the turboprops.  From a realism perspective plus the frequency bonus, 1x weekly with a 737 is better if replaced by a smaller aircraft.

KINGXyro

KINGXyro

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 579 posts

It can really depend on which airport your flying between due to the cost of gates as slots can be so expensive

I forgot to include that I'm operating the Boeing 737's on regional airports :P 

This very much depends on the era we are flying in here :P

Right, I had a hard time finding an "ideal' regional aircraft in the 80's.

Ignoring the C-specific part (you are just diluting the demand), regional aircraft can be extremely profitable, especially the turboprops.  From a realism perspective plus the frequency bonus, 1x weekly with a 737 is better if replaced by a smaller aircraft.

Frequency bonus? Could you explain that to me a little bit more?

Selene

Selene

AE Player

• 25 posts

Frequency bonus? Could you explain that to me a little bit more?

People are more inclined to fly with yopur airline if you fly more frequent to a destination.

14 Fokker 100's weekly will attract more passengers than 2 747's. I personaly opt to fly short to medium routes twice daily.

Pasti

Pasti

Fowl Play

• 1,032 posts

User's Awards

I personally try to strike a balance between frequency and profitability per plane, as while there is a positive impact on reputation for frequency, the planes flying said frequencies can often make very little as you’re taking a route with little demand and spreading said demand over a bunch of planes who might only get a few full paying passengers.

siggie3.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users