• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts
  • WLM ID:travelhouse007@gmail.com

Soo, wait, does this mean that we can only order 2 Aircraft from a manufacturer and that's it forever? or, Does that mean, only 2 at a time?

Although I'm nowhere near ordering big aircraft, I'd (eventually) like to have a fleet of 757 or something, and, being limited to two would be a drag...

If you order 20 or 200 it means you only will receive TWO per AE changeover period with the balance in rollover.

TorqueWrench

TorqueWrench

AE Luver

• Veteran
  • 446 posts

To prevent me from growing I presume :|

Are you Labour by any chance?

Nay, I'm god...!
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat.

I saw that show, 50 Things To Do Before You Die. I would have thought the obvious one was "Shout For Help"

Cats have nine lives. Which makes them ideal for experimentation.

Jackny

Jackny

95th Rifles Chosen Man

• 122 posts
  • WLM ID:jknyvett@hotmail.com
Does that also mean that airlines below the one that have ordered 3+ aircraft still get their aircraft or not, so the airline with 3+aircraft use it as a block or not?????
Lost Airline #8510 Hub:

1xBeachD
1x2000

TorqueWrench

TorqueWrench

AE Luver

• Veteran
  • 446 posts
The manufacturer will deliver 20 frames + 10% of the queue...
A user will only recive 2 frames per mfr...

I saw that show, 50 Things To Do Before You Die. I would have thought the obvious one was "Shout For Help"

galapagapop

galapagapop

• 602 posts

Actually, the glut of aircraft in the used market benefited airlines - A319s for 37mill? That was cool.

I know everyone seemed to whine when A319's are on in some cases for 35mil or less. 2 per month will make everything just become extremely expensive.
CEO of:
Posted Image

Venture

Venture

• 34 posts

Hello! Not a very elite airline (yet anyway) here, I like this idea, hope this help limit the explosion of the airlines we see every game.

Because we'd hate to actually see airlines expand :)

Oh well, I guess it'll just have to require a slight change in strategy...

Bigfoot

Bigfoot

• 36 posts
So, just for clarification, I just ordered one Q400. There are like 8 pages infront of me so mine is scheduled 8 months from now. But in front of me there are airlines with more than 2 airframes to be delivered. If a manufactor delivers 20+10%, that means my airframe is earlier deliverd then currently shown, because of the 2+ orders pushed back a month every time as there are only deliverd two per month. (i hope it correct english)

MinnakhtKan

MinnakhtKan

Stormingly Whistly Member

• 187 posts
  • WLM ID:minnair90@hotmail.com
You're right Bigfoot, everytime your order you are gonna see this, and your Q400 will be delivered in about 3-4 months actually.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

piercey

piercey

I heart Embraer!

• 1,375 posts
  • Yahoo ID:pierceyohio@sbcglobal.net
Any idea if in the next version if different planes have different lines? For example: 777/767 one line, 747 one line, 737 one line, 717 one line.
My eyes went skyward and never came down.

Embre Air: Your Embre in the sky
ID#2066

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image

Zirk

Zirk

• 88 posts
That would be nice, since that's how it goes in reallife as well.:o

galapagapop

galapagapop

• 602 posts
Hey TW after seeing some of the effects, do you plan on making it 5 per month after a while? I mean thats a good way of covering the basics and can control prices, as right now they will soon skyrocket.
CEO of:
Posted Image

737MMA

737MMA

V3 Data Guru

• 277 posts
I vote to keep it where it is. I actually have to plan routes now...it's like management. Whowoodathunkit?

TorqueWrench

TorqueWrench

AE Luver

• Veteran
  • 446 posts
In regards to controlling second hand prices... I'm going to create a script which automatically populates the 2nd hand market with aircraft.

737MMA

737MMA

V3 Data Guru

• 277 posts
How I pray to see some of the older airplanes on it...I'd love to operate some older planes, put some nostalgia into it. DC-10's, L1011s, 727s, MD-80s...it'd be great. As everybody can't compete to be #1 , it'd be great(and mroe realistic) to run an airline with some older planes.

Zirk

Zirk

• 88 posts
And let's not forget the Fokkers. :-)

wingnut1981

wingnut1981

• 13 posts
I'm not sure I like the idea of an automatically populating used market if it's being automatically populated with new aircraft. Kind of defeats the purpose of both the used market and the delivery controls. Now if you were going to randomly put out aged aircraft, say a 5 year old 737 or a 4 year old Q400, that would be a little better.

However, I'm definitely with 737MMA and his suggestion to have the older airplanes populated into the used market. Given the choice of waiting 6 months for an A330 or buying a used DC10 today, I'd definitely give the DC10 a good look. Besides that, as 737MMA (and someone else in another thread)said it'd be kind of fun to be able to operate the older aircraft too. It'd a bit of variety (not to mention realism) to the game.

Russ

Russ

Junior Birdman

• 161 posts

I'm not sure I like the idea of an automatically populating used market if it's being automatically populated with new aircraft. Kind of defeats the purpose of both the used market and the delivery controls. Now if you were going to randomly put out aged aircraft, say a 5 year old 737 or a 4 year old Q400, that would be a little better.

However, I'm definitely with 737MMA and his suggestion to have the older airplanes populated into the used market. Given the choice of waiting 6 months for an A330 or buying a used DC10 today, I'd definitely give the DC10 a good look. Besides that, as 737MMA (and someone else in another thread)said it'd be kind of fun to be able to operate the older aircraft too. It'd a bit of variety (not to mention realism) to the game.

Frankly I would much rather have more airports added than obsolete aircraft. But my number one priority is for V3 and any time diverted to enhancing this version is to be avoided. Of course, any time fixing bugs, tweaking current features is much appreciated.
Bushey Airlines

A little of this and a little of that.

Member ACE

737MMA

737MMA

V3 Data Guru

• 277 posts
Where are you based Bushey? I want to invade...

Russ

Russ

Junior Birdman

• 161 posts

Hey TW after seeing some of the effects, do you plan on making it 5 per month after a while? I mean thats a good way of covering the basics and can control prices, as right now they will soon skyrocket.

Considering that buying two aircraft a month exceeds the capabilities of about 700 players, I don't think it will enhance overall game play.

If this game truly needs a broker class then that should be added to version three. And IMHO, you should be able to choose one role or another; no private sales for brokers; and a different production Q
Bushey Airlines

Member ACE

Russ

Russ

Junior Birdman

• 161 posts

Any idea if in the next version if different planes have different lines? For example: 777/767 one line, 747 one line, 737 one line, 717 one line.

And limit the production from each line? That should keep the number of WB from flooding the game like last round.

I am not sure I buy into the idea but it does have aspects I like.
Bushey Airlines

Member ACE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users