• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Avelo

Avelo

ae4ever

• 1,328 posts

User's Awards

5    2   
After putting in a lot of effort into making my own airline brands, I have to say that all my brands were a failure. Since not many people liked my brands, I would often redesign my liveries to address what needed to be improved on, but little did I know that this would only dilute my brands even further. As I kept trying and failing, I would give up and abandon my brands frequently. Now that I realize that I'm a terrible designer, I'm already deciding to exit livery designing altogether, and even give up on my newest brand, Tashkent Air. I know tons of successful airlines others have built, but sadly, I'm not one of those people who succeed despite trying different regions around the world to launch a brand. And with O1 just restarting, I have no idea where else to start over... :(

Zacca

Zacca

AE nostalgic member

• 1,738 posts

oh boi poor you, dont be sad :console:

your liveries are good and doesnt matter what other think. if they're good for you, then they're great! 

dont give up mate, keep going :) 

Arianka

Arianka

eternal sunshine

• 2,057 posts

User's Awards

5          11   

your liveries are good and doesnt matter what other think. if they're good for you, then they're great! 

dont give up mate, keep going :)

I agree. There will always be people who will tell you negative stuff. Don't quit just because of that. When you're making a livery, make sure that you like it, and don't do it to please others.

Everyone started the same way. Just keep trying until you finally succeed. :)

Avelo

Avelo

ae4ever

• 1,328 posts

User's Awards

5    2   

I agree. There will always be people who will tell you negative stuff. Don't quit just because of that. When you're making a livery, make sure that you like it, and don't do it to please others.

Just keep trying until you finally succeed. :)

In the case of Tashkent Air, some say the issue is resuing the same basic livery scenario for a different airline, and one user not liking the color combo. Trust me, if I used the Uzbek flag colors it would look like a poorly done ripoff of Uzbekistan Airways. And I honestly find their livery to look tacky and not modern enough.

Arianka

Arianka

eternal sunshine

• 2,057 posts

User's Awards

5          11   

In the case of Tashkent Air, some say the issue is resuing the same basic scenario for a different airline, and one user not liking the color combo. Trust me, if I used the Uzbek flag colors it would look like a poorly done ripoff of Uzbekistan Airways. And I honestly find their livery to look tacky and not modern enough.

What I would do is, take a good look at the Uzbekistan Airways livery and just try to make something that is better than theirs. Like just change whatever I didn't like about it and use my imagination to make it better, I guess.

And who cares if it's a rip-off, most airlines copy each other in the real world anyways. 

Avelo

Avelo

ae4ever

• 1,328 posts

User's Awards

5    2   

What I would do is, take a good look at the Uzbekistan Airways livery and just try to make something that is better than theirs. Like just change whatever I didn't like about it and use my imagination to make it better, I guess.

And who cares if it's a rip-off, most airlines copy each other in the real world anyways.

I did take a look at their livery long before I posted my images in the gallery. I'd like to keep the logo I created, but what could be a better color scheme other than blue and green? Should I add more curves to the aircraft?

Arianka

Arianka

eternal sunshine

• 2,057 posts

User's Awards

5          11   

I did take a look at their livery long before I posted my images in the gallery. I'd like to keep the logo I created, but what could be a better color scheme other than blue and green? Should I add more curves to the aircraft?

I'm not gonna tell you what to do for the livery.

Do what you think is best when making liveries. Do what makes you happy. :)

Spyrosv

Spyrosv

AE Addict

• 855 posts

I'm not gonna tell you what to do for the livery.

Do what you think is best when making liveries. Do what makes you happy. :)

Exactly. Your liveries are great, way better than mine. You have the skill and talent, so don't give up.

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

Yeah honestly man it's not that your stuff is bad per se. Just generic. 

Like aside from using the names of places in your stuff, there's nothing that really lets me tie your stuff to a specific time and place. 

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

I gotta say tho, bitching and moaning about how bad you are isn't going to help you get better.

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

Boeing Flight Simmer

Boeing Flight Simmer

Boeing Is Better

• 714 posts

I gotta say tho, bitching and moaning about how bad you are isn't going to help you get better.

people get good with practice and persistence. Steve is right. Take advice dont beat urself up. And if it looks good to you use it!

Seve_Banner.png

Founder__CEO.png

Pasti

Pasti

Fowl Play

• 1,032 posts

User's Awards

It’s good that you’re accepting. Knowing that you’re bad is the first step to getting better since know that you need to improve. It may sound like a put down, but it worked for me. Success doesn’t come without failure.

siggie3.png

Zacca

Zacca

AE nostalgic member

• 1,738 posts

It’s good that you’re accepting. Knowing that you’re bad is the first step to getting better since know that you need to improve. It may sound like a put down, but it worked for me. Success doesn’t come without failure.

G.J.

G.J.

• 1,462 posts

I know where you're coming from. Don't give up, I actually looked up to you as a livery creator! If the livery you make is what you like, it's what you like, and you don't have don't listen to others. That's perfectly fine. I'm sorry if I had anything to do with this. But as my instructor frequently reminds me, mistakes are proof that you're trying! If you keep trying you'll eventually get it right! As far as I'm aware you've only done 3 brands. It's okay to mess up on your first brands. I did, and after doing some research and looking through the advice, I started getting better, and better. Don't get me wrong - I'm no master with liveries - but if you went through my liveries, or any user's liveries on this site, you'd find that gradually their liveries start to get better and better. All you have to do is be creative and look for a general trend in people's advice. I hope you feel better, and I hope this helps.

Sincerely,

gjwhite14

Venture Co-Owner | Aloft Staff | Ex-Polaris Member | Unitedwings Co-Owner | Dynasty World Alliance Member

Jamesthomeson

Jamesthomeson

Desperate to Fly

• 451 posts
Your liveries aren't bad it's just that in the gallery there are some works that set the bar so high that if you're not a perfect 10 out of ten you're condsidered terrible and get ranted on.
t4lPIvQ.jpgUjfJ0sC.png

SUJETO

SUJETO

Proud Virtual Airliner since 1989

• 295 posts

User's Awards

4    2      

After putting in a lot of effort into making my own airline brands, I have to say that all my brands were a failure. Since not many people liked my brands, I would often redesign my liveries to address what needed to be improved on, but little did I know that this would only dilute my brands even further. As I kept trying and failing, I would give up and abandon my brands frequently. Now that I realize that I'm a terrible designer, I'm already deciding to exit livery designing altogether, and even give up on my newest brand, Tashkent Air. I know tons of successful airlines others have built, but sadly, I'm not one of those people who succeed despite trying different regions around the world to launch a brand. And with O1 just restarting, I have no idea where else to start over... :(

¡OE! no seas bruto ¡OE!

Man how can you call your designs a crap if you do not have a acceptable critic users?

First man.. DO your DESIGNS because YOU WANT and YOU LIKE your own WORK! not because others dislike. if you like, is enough to make.

Second. Here in AE forums/galleries, there are only 2 or 3 persons that have good critic about others work. And have the kindness to say how can you improve.

Third: There are a lot of TROLLS that dont like nothing, They believe ultimate design judges (look their profiles you will see a poor evil with nothing worth to admire (even their galleries)) they only flood with good reviews to their friends, no matter if is a crap.

They hate anything that you do without reasonable argument. 

(I report some of them.)

Writing rude and negative reviews is the basic cause to ignore them. Because they dont help to nothing even you to improve.

• Then MAN continue improving your liveries and only hear people that want to help you to improve. MOON is a good guy as example.

• If you make a livery for some, focus in the critics of that people, not in others.

I insist!

____________________EEEn_____________________:oS;
_____________________EEEE:__:-_____-lcneEg+.*EE--
_____________________*EEOEOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-oOEV
____________:;;--+++-oEEOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
__.:::::::.______::::__*CEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEglCS
_.:-+++++++oEECgr**ll*VEECCJJogOEEE::EE__:E
____________;nEE:_______+*El+E-.

Carlos "SUJETO" Vargas Sánchez.

Avelo

Avelo

ae4ever

• 1,328 posts

User's Awards

5    2   

¡OE! no seas bruto ¡OE!

Man how can you call your designs a crap if you do not have a acceptable critic users?

First man.. DO your DESIGNS because YOU WANT and YOU LIKE your own WORK! not because others dislike. if you like, is enough to make.

Second. Here in AE forums/galleries, there are only 2 or 3 persons that have good critic about others work. And have the kindness to say how can you improve.

Third: There are a lot of TROLLS that dont like nothing, They believe ultimate design judges (look their profiles you will see a poor evil with nothing worth to admire (even their galleries)) they only flood with good reviews to their friends, no matter if is a crap.
They hate anything that you do without reasonable argument.
(I report some of them.)

Writing rude and negative reviews is the basic cause to ignore them. Because they dont help to nothing even you to improve.

• Then MAN continue improving your liveries and only hear people that want to help you to improve. MOON is a good guy as example.

• If you make a livery for some, focus in the critics of that people, not in others.
I insist!
Also note that some people have been challenged to make outstanding airline brands, though this has never happened to me in all the years I played AE.

Arianka

Arianka

eternal sunshine

• 2,057 posts

User's Awards

5          11   

Also note that some people have been challenged to make outstanding airline brands, though this has never happened to me in all the years I played AE.

That doesn't matter. You'll get there too eventually. It really takes time, fren. 

Jamesthomeson

Jamesthomeson

Desperate to Fly

• 451 posts

Well that's because like SUJETO said, "they only flood with good reviews to their friends, no matter if is a crap." The same applies with challenging each other with brands.
t4lPIvQ.jpgUjfJ0sC.png

ЗЫРХ

ЗЫРХ

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 694 posts

claims to be a distance runner

gives up

this is your cloak of shame

BV6atB1.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users