Photo

Idea to end Spam Lines

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Poll: Idea to end Spam Lines (32 member(s) have cast votes)

Should This Idea be implemented?

1. Yes! (6 votes [18.75%])

Percentage of vote: 18.75%

2. Voted No! (16 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

3. Yes, but maybe tweak the idea. (10 votes [31.25%])

Percentage of vote: 31.25%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Chandler Keith Henson

Chandler Keith Henson

AE Player

• 59 posts

User's Awards

Spam lines are probably the most annoying thing about the game

You have airlines that provide more seats than the daily demand, sometimes it unintentional or not, some want a monopoly, some may have started that way and later had competition and larger planes and didn't want a market untouched. what makes it even worse is when they do this AND lower ticket prices to just extremely low levels

my thought on ending it (at least in some worlds)

1. Set a MINIMUM ticket price for each world, setting anything less than that ticket price will give a notice and set it to the minimum

2. If there are more seats than demand on the market, then any airline at the minimum price will have seats divided up between them evenly

example if minimum ticket price is $50 and 300 seats daily demand with 3 airlines each with 400+ seats/day, and say each airline has ticket prices at $50, then each airline can get no more than 100 seats/day as they can't lower prices any further

this discourages airlines from just overproviding to monopolize a market and makes them have to think more about route planning

obviously it should apply mostly to economy, I do think we should make business class and first class care more about IFS (so if IFS is equal then this applies, otherwise the airline with better F or C IFS gets more passengers). 

what do you think? any other thoughts/ideas or changes to this idea?

Guest_Adam0896_*

Guest_Adam0896_*
  • Guests
Not to be that guy but it's been said by many other people in many other posts that really, the only way you're going to destroy a spamline is if you make a better spamline to take it out.

Although these sound like great ideas, applying these tweaks to the game engine have adverse effects, in that they also complicate the matter for those operating normal airlines as well. So where exactly to draw the line is the real issue.

Chandler Keith Henson

Chandler Keith Henson

AE Player

• 59 posts

User's Awards

my thought on ending it (at least in some worlds)

i did say at least in some worlds, the concept could be tested in a special world, or maybe even only used in a special world.

rotaryspd

rotaryspd

• 78 posts

User's Awards

This could be done with much less intrusive game rules.  First and foremost, only using O&D pax to calculate the blue pax.  That would be just a tiny tweak to game rules rather than adding new mechanics.

Whatever

Whatever

Degenerate | Degeneracy Enthusiast

• 845 posts
  • Skype Name:discord is better

User's Awards

Ever tried going to airports with fewer than 20mil annual pax?

post-26818-0-81043200-1411418444.png

Jamesthomeson

Jamesthomeson

Desperate to Fly

• 451 posts
Anyone who charges 50$ on a route that started at 300$ shouldn't make any profit whatsoever. No matter how scammy your IFS is, you shouldn't make any profit because no one, and I mean no one is going to pay 75$ for some unseasoned meatballs on a 2 hour flight, especially when the ticket cost less. And nor will anyone pay 30$ to watch a bunch of adds on the seatback of a 707 in the year 2010.
t4lPIvQ.jpgUjfJ0sC.png

zortan

zortan

AE Winner

• 2,515 posts

Anyone who charges 50$ on a route that started at 300$ shouldn't make any profit whatsoever. No matter how scammy your IFS is, you shouldn't make any profit because no one, and I mean no one is going to pay 75$ for some unseasoned meatballs on a 2 hour flight, especially when the ticket cost less. And nor will anyone pay 30$ to watch a bunch of adds on the seatback of a 707 in the year 2010.

exactly lol

zortan

zortan

AE Winner

• 2,515 posts

except that it wouldn't be on the setback of the 707. It would be one TV in the aisle for every 100 seats, that is really fuzzy and breaks halfway through the flight.

Jamesthomeson

Jamesthomeson

Desperate to Fly

• 451 posts

except that it wouldn't be on the setback of the 707. It would be one TV in the aisle for every 100 seats, that is really fuzzy and breaks halfway through the flight.

I'm having to much fun imagining this.
t4lPIvQ.jpgUjfJ0sC.png

Pasti

Pasti

Fowl Play

• 1,032 posts

User's Awards

This would just complicate things for normal airlines as well, since it would devastate realistic low cost carriers and those in a price war.

Spamlines are just a playing style that the game allows. The only way to make them go down is to be a bigger spamline, which could nab you a trophy as well.

Yuxi already has enough stuff on his hands. Making unnecessary suggestions that makes both sides unhappy just adds to it.

siggie3.png

Ryan_D96

Ryan_D96

AE Luver

• 266 posts

User's Awards

I have to take issue with the minimum pricing. Ryanair offers flights from as little as £2.50 from my local airport, so it does happen in real life :P

Marb1

Marb1

Transport and aviation fan

• 1,782 posts

+1

zortan

zortan

AE Winner

• 2,515 posts

I'm having to much fun imagining this.

me too :)

KINGXyro

KINGXyro

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 579 posts

Spam lines are probably the most annoying thing about the game

You are absolutely right on this one.

2. If there are more seats than demand on the market, then any airline at the minimum price will have seats divided up between them evenly

This shouldn't be implemented. I entered a route with heavy competition dominated by spam liners they we're all price at $1900 I entered the route priced at $2100 and guess what I still ended up having %100 passenger load. From the passengers perspective it was worth paying the $2100 for the services I provided them which was like %75 better than the spam liners.

obviously it should apply mostly to economy, I do think we should make business class and first class care more about IFS (so if IFS is equal then this applies, otherwise the airline with better F or C IFS gets more passengers).

They already do care! It varies on the route. I put my 3-star rating IFS to my domestic routes and is ending up with "Green Rating" now if I put the same IFS to long-haul routes for example MNL-JFK it would most likely show up on the Red-Yellow region.

Passenger standards varies from place to place.

Ryan_D96

Ryan_D96

AE Luver

• 266 posts

User's Awards

They already do care! It varies on the route. I put my 3-star rating IFS to my domestic routes and is ending up with "Green Rating" now if I put the same IFS to long-haul routes for example MNL-JFK it would most likely show up on the Red-Yellow region.

Passenger standards varies from place to place.

It actually doesn't. IFS rating will remain the same no matter the distance of the flight :P 

If your IFS rating is dropping on long haul it will be due different IFE combining with the IFS. If you are talking about overall route rating then it is likely other factors at play, frequency of flights would be my guess :P

KINGXyro

KINGXyro

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 579 posts

It actually doesn't. IFS rating will remain the same no matter the distance of the flight :P

If your IFS rating is dropping on long haul it will be due different IFE combining with the IFS. If you are talking about overall route rating then it is likely other factors at play, frequency of flights would be my guess :P

I only have one IFE configuration because I only use one type of aircraft on domestic and international destinations. Name it Boeing 787.

Ryan_D96

Ryan_D96

AE Luver

• 266 posts

User's Awards

I only have one IFE configuration because I only use one type of aircraft on domestic and international destinations. Name it Boeing 787.

So the reason for your reputation drop over a longer distance has to be due to something else. 

Both of the flights below have 3 star IFS and 5 star IFE yet both have the same IFS economy rating :P

Attached Files

KINGXyro

KINGXyro

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 579 posts

Lol then they do really need to fix that

Ryan_D96

Ryan_D96

AE Luver

• 266 posts

User's Awards

Lol then they do really need to fix that