Photo

787-8 - Airbus equivalent?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

stevetuk

stevetuk

• 2 posts

I'm currently operating an Airbus-only fleet. The 787-8 has just been released for preorder in my world. I'm a bit of a newbie and wondered if there's an Airbus equivalent for this that I should wait for or whether I should buy in the efficient 787 to operate on the long-haul medium-traffic routes that my A380s are pointless serving? Or, will there be an efficient Airbus released soon?

Infestation

Infestation

Sardines Are Decent In A Way Only Monkeys Understand..

• 664 posts

User's Awards

Try the Airbus A330-200. Or when it comes out do the A350
post-84154-0-29696800-1507229128_thumb.jae3ra_6.jpgae3o2_412.jpg

I am edible. If you eat me though, you are a cannibal

ValdemarVV

ValdemarVV

AE Member

• 9 posts

User's Awards

I think the A350-800 is pretty good, but it comes out in about 5 years.

stevetuk

stevetuk

• 2 posts

Ok, thanks for the replies.

One more question, sorry! I'm just finding it difficult to compare aircraft. So the 747-8i is up for preorder. I'm operating the 380-800 but I saw the fuel flow on thre 747 is a lot better for only slightly fewer seats. Is it a better deal cost-wise than the A380?

Spyrosv

Spyrosv

AE Addict

• 855 posts
The A380 has a longer range, less turn time, and is faster by 10 knots something that makes it more time-saving. Obviously it can hold more people which means better legroom and higher ratings. Personally, I believe that the A380 is the best choice.

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   

Considering the size in question, one in this game would choose the A380 over the 748s for the range and capacity. Obviously, the choice is to be made by each player.

And in regards to the airbus 787 equivalent, i would say the A350-900 variant would probably be the best, similar characteristics across the board to the 787, however if the range is not needed, the A330 family comes into play also.

Hope that helps. :)

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users