48 replies to this topic

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
Well, while discussing Appalachian Airways with Barbula, i came across Appalachian's financial data.

Last month, he had a DOP of around $17.24 mil, from what i calculated, while this current month so far, i calculated a DOP of around $22.5 mil. Now, dont get me wrong, but it could be possible to increase ur DOP by around $5 mil if people leaving routes plus a mixture of opening some nice, profitable long haul flights.

Now, i went further and had a look at his route map and found some interesting routes to say the least, which are:

http://sim.airlineem...1=ATL&city2=SYD
http://sim.airlineem...1=ATL&city2=SEL
http://sim.airlineem...1=ATL&city2=NRT
http://sim.airlineem...1=ATL&city2=HKG

These are just 4 of the approximately 11-12 routes which Appalachian is flying to Middle East/Asia from ATL with A333 (a maximum range of 6450miles).

Unless Appalachian has a very good reason for these routes, i will personally say, he is cheating and should be reset and possibly banned. If i cant setup a one-way route with a A333 over the past month or so, then there is no way in hell Appalachian did it without hacking the database in doing so.

I rest my case...

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

BarbulaM1

BarbulaM1

• 226 posts
  • WLM ID:BarbulaM1@msn.com
  • AIM Screen Name:BarbulaM1
How can he post gains of that much,while also trashing one of the worlds largest markets with A332 routes set to $0? Nothing he is doing makes sence. I personaly tried setting up A333s on those routes, no can do. He is cheating. (pic courtisy of IE7 zoom tool)
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Discover The West, Go Beyond The West, Airways International
COAI Holding Group International - Airways International
Proudly serving the Greak Lakes region for over 15 years.

Visit: Simtropolis.com | Simvision.net (of course look for me)

airozzie

airozzie

Watchdog's Senior Manager

• 633 posts
It is quite shocking to realise that a person inside the top 10 has to stoop that low in life to cheat while inside the top 10.

Maestro has kindly showed us some damin evidence and if nothing is to be done about this I guess then we can start raising eybrows.

Come on the evidence is there, now lets be shown of what happens

Scalpel4

Scalpel4

• 560 posts
  • WLM ID:scalpel4@hotmail.com
That explains the sudden rush of cash he's getting. If he's cheating on that, chances are he's cheating several other places.

CondorFlight

CondorFlight

• 86 posts
Umm Yeah.... I reported something about him a while ago.

A long time ago. The numbers didn't add up then and they don't add up now. The problem is that he is hurting a lot of airlines.

Not me of course! But he is hurting good people by his cheating. The bigger problem is that I reported him with evidence to cheat police directly and they did nothing. This was very early in the game when it was obvious. Decide for yourself.
Posted Image
Posted Image

LeipeLimbo

LeipeLimbo

• 492 posts
that sucks .. Although i remember someone else reporting an impossible route he was flying ..http://forums.airlin...read.php?t=3018 He/She at least he reported it and left the route .. But this is something else .. wonder how many more "funny-flight's" appalachian is flying :mad: But some kind of punishment is at place here i.m.o.
Theo ceo Limbo Lines
ID #9350
Posted ImagePosted Image

iraqi

iraqi

• 39 posts
Appalachian,

is the worst kind of player one can have, more and more routes appear with an A330 with a price set to $0.. This is not about driving the competition away anymore.. This is total madness.. And i sure hope something will be done about it..

Strange enough, but a few days ago, one was having some routecompetition problems with him.. and Tada within 24hours the people who were involved where showing routes like MIRBKK, with a ticket price of -610.000
(see another thread in the forum)

Now is the pleasure of playing a fair game going to be denied to so many of us, while he gets away with ruining the game?

PS I was thinking maybe the OW routes are back, tried it but negative.. so the routes he is showing are not possible, without cheating... Furthermore if he says he doesn't know where the routes came from, he's lying too, look at the ticketprices he is charging, and probable the huge profits he is making off of them.. Unlike the 'strange' routes that have appeared here and there, causing players to post huge losses..

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts
  • WLM ID:travelhouse007@gmail.com

Well, while discussing Appalachian Airways with Barbula, i came across Appalachian's financial data.

Last month, he had a DOP of around $17.24 mil, from what i calculated, while this current month so far, i calculated a DOP of around $22.5 mil. Now, dont get me wrong, but it could be possible to increase ur DOP by around $5 mil if people leaving routes plus a mixture of opening some nice, profitable long haul flights.

Now, i went further and had a look at his route map and found some interesting routes to say the least, which are:

http://sim.airlineem...1=ATL&city2=SYD
http://sim.airlineem...1=ATL&city2=SEL
http://sim.airlineem...1=ATL&city2=HKG

These are just 4 of the approximately 11-12 routes which Appalachian is flying to Middle East/Asia from ATL with A333 (a maximum range of 6450miles).

Unless Appalachian has a very good reason for these routes, i will personally say, he is cheating and should be reset and possibly banned. If i cant setup a one-way route with a A333 over the past month or so, then there is no way in hell Appalachian did it without hacking the database in doing so.

I rest my case...

Little confused here, not that this report is NOT a classic case of impossible flying paterns, but more that what was asked in past posts of the AE Cheater reports be given to the Moderators to be fully investigated and not aired in the forums.

Now this request came from the Moderators, then we have a Moderator who does exactly the reverse, posts in the forum.

Regardless:

In what you have shown in the routes / DOP / Balance sheet, is IMPOSSIBLE to gain in AE the way it is now, YES while I seem little confused in why posted in forum and not handed directly to the (Cheat Police) I do agree that players who are cheating like this need to be looked into ASAP !

Or, would one come to the conclusion that this may be another (Hack Case) ?

Either way, AE must spend the time to investigate this players pattens in One Way exploit.

(EDIT) ment to add the HUB figures for this players also, is IMPOSSIBLE to acheive (6 / SIX ) HUBS and only 1M in fees???????????? :P

http://sim.airlineem...php?player=3966

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts
  • WLM ID:badtothebone99@gmail.com
Of course this is cheating or exploiting a bug.

Thats +/- 400 NM more than the maximun range of the aircraft ...

Airbus A330-300 range 6,450 NM
ATL - NRT range 6,832 NM

Just not possible even if One-Way were possible!

Honest people bust their #$sses trying to keep their airline in the black and build up a steady DOP and then someone like this ruins it for everyone...
Posted Image

iraqi

iraqi

• 39 posts

Of course this is cheating or exploiting a bug.

Thats +/- 400 NM more than the maximun range of the aircraft ...

Airbus A330-300 range 6,450 NM
ATL - NRT range 6,832 NM

Just not possible even if One-Way were possible!

Honest people bust their #$sses trying to keep their airline in the black and build up a steady DOP and then someone like this ruins it for everyone...

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo true, well said kaaaielem :P

Maestro69

Maestro69

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   

Little confused here, not that this report is NOT a classic case of impossible flying paterns, but more that what was asked in past posts of the AE Cheater reports be given to the Moderators to be fully investigated and not aired in the forums.

Now this request came from the Moderators, then we have a Moderator who does exactly the reverse, posts in the forum.

Travelhouse, the matter has already been referred to the cheat police, as u say and will be dealt with according. I hope, for many players, a verdict is taken rapidly thus getting people affected back on track and let the true, honest players play AE.

I decided to post this so people have a clear indication of what was going on and not make useless posts on possibly cheat allegations and understand what is going on.

U may agree or disagree with this approach i took Travel, but i really just wanted people to know what i found while doing some simple investigation this afternoon with BarbulaM1.

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts
  • WLM ID:travelhouse007@gmail.com

I decided to post this so people have a clear indication of what was going on and not make useless posts on possibly cheat allegations and understand what is going on. .

You said yourself in the past, that claiming to prove another is cheating should be directed directly to AE and past Post by Moderator Doug_Or requested that NO MORE cheater posts be aired like (Dirty Washing) in this forum, thats why I was shocked to see you post, being a Moderator. Thats All.

U may agree or disagree with this approach i took Travel, but i really just wanted people to know what i found while doing some simple investigation this afternoon with BarbulaM1.

Oh, I agree, SUSPECT all the way to the BANK, and thats exactly what this player is raking in Lots of others DOP Money.

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts
I hope he gets his comeuppance as soon as possible
Posted Image

Maestro69

Maestro69

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   

You said yourself in the past, that claiming to prove another is cheating should be directed directly to AE and past Post by Moderator Doug_Or requested that NO MORE cheater posts be aired like (Dirty Washing) in this forum, thats why I was shocked to see you post, being a Moderator. Thats All.

In hindsight, i guess i shouldnt have posted this but what is done is done. I know what people have said (even myself :P) , but i guess either i forgot or was too caught up at that precise moment to notice what i was doing.

But, i understand ur point, Travelhouse :D

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts
I wonder if he will come here and defend himself :P

Appaluchian is now selling A330's at half price, trying to win some friends?
Posted Image

rubberlegs

rubberlegs

• 64 posts
Laytex concerned and did ask this player some questions and the reply is

Q. Why is your name in forum?

Appalachian Airways

2006-02-23 08:17:00

RE:forum
I have exposed the obvious inadequacies of the game for everyone to see, thanks to my roommate (Eastern Airlines) .

then asked WHY do it? are you going to own up?

Appalachian Airways

2006-02-23 08:22:01

RE:RE:RE:forum
I will mothball/sell my airplanes and leave the game for now! Hopefully the next version will not have so many obvious ways of getting around the rules.

then asked to pm ae to inform them

Appalachian Airways

2006-02-23 08:26:45

RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:forum
Yes, but if they were actually programmers they would easily see their fatal flaw.

also got another message

Appalachian Airways

2006-02-23 08:29:17

RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:RE:forum
No, I had to do this as I was getting extremely bored, it is a backlash at the bugs, LF bug and lack of gates. I also wonder how many other people know how to do what I do.

Guest_appalachianempire_*

Guest_appalachianempire_*
  • Guests
This is Appalachian! Do you have any questions?!

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts

This is Appalachian! Do you have any questions?!

I think it would be correct of you to U2U miller22 or Torquewrench who code the scripts and tell them how you did it. They then might be able to fix it.

These long routes stick out like a sore thumb so anyone else doing it or who plans do exploit the game in this way will easily be found out.

Kind regards
Glenn
Posted Image

Scalpel4

Scalpel4

• 560 posts
  • WLM ID:scalpel4@hotmail.com

I think it would be correct of you to U2U miller22 or Torquewrench who code the scripts and tell them how you did it. They then might be able to fix it.

These long routes stick out like a sore thumb so anyone else doing it or who plans do exploit the game in this way will easily be found out.

Kind regards
Glenn

FYI, that wasn't him. Notice the age of the poster and the number of posts he has.

OH, and to point out, since he sent Laytex that, he's built another terminal in Knoxville. Me thinks he's not so quick to leave.

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts
Well, perhaps miller should just delete his airline then, that would be quicker ;-)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users