[Livery] Rainbow Livery?

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

FBoston84

FBoston84

Rising Pilot

• 60 posts

Hi!

Would someone mind making a 737-900ER livery with a black front half gradienting into a rainbow gradient for my airline?

Thanks!

Ryan_D96

Ryan_D96

AE Luver

• 266 posts

User's Awards

Hey, I had a go at a modern version of your livery. I also wanted to make a 60s/70s style version too so I made it on a 727. 

Let me know what you think :)

(I also have the original sizes if you want them)

Attached Files

FBoston84

FBoston84

Rising Pilot

• 60 posts

DUUUUDE!

That is perfect. I really cannot express all my thanks!

I tried to make some myself, but they failed right away. It is SO hard. I really appreciate it!

Fred

Ryan_D96

Ryan_D96

AE Luver

• 266 posts

User's Awards

No problem :)

Are you wanting the full size ones?

FBoston84

FBoston84

Rising Pilot

• 60 posts

What do you mean by full size? And could you make special liveries?

I hate to ask more, but I am so excited! Too bad you can only upload one livery/logo combo at a time... :ermm:

But honestly, Thank you! :clap:

Ryan_D96

Ryan_D96

AE Luver

• 266 posts

User's Awards

The resolution is much higher but they are too big to upload as your livery. You'll see the difference in the ones below. 

What did you have in mind for a special livery?

Attached Files

FBoston84

FBoston84

Rising Pilot

• 60 posts

Ahhh....1200x451 as opposed to 800x300

Thanks

As for the special liveries, maybe a plane with a highlight of each color, or several different patterns, kind of like JetBlue, but the whole body. Like instead of circles on the modern pic, maybe triangles or squares. Also, a plane that is entirely a rainbow gradient, from red at the nose to purple at the tail would be neat.

Also, I think a rainbow ring on the nose would look neat! You choose.

Whatever isn't too much work.

If I ever make a real world airline, i know where to look for a livery designer! :lol:

Many thanks!

FBoston84

FBoston84

Rising Pilot

• 60 posts

Am I asking too much? Please don't feel obligated. But if you have fun doing it, all the better!

Ryan_D96

Ryan_D96

AE Luver

• 266 posts

User's Awards

I won't be able to do much tonight as I have work in the morning but I'll have a go when I have some more free time. 

For the different patterns, I'm thinking that I'll keep the rest of the livery essentially the same, just changing the rainbow bit. 

The entire rainbow fuselage, I really don't like the way a gradual rainbow gradient looks. So I'm thinking of basing it off of the LGBT flag but with less harsh colours. It will essentially be an LGBT flag rotated 90° and the stripes widened to take up the entire fuselage and tail. 

As for the rainbow ring on the nose, do you mean a ring or the entire nose tip? I.e. instead of a black nose tip that you see on older liveries it would be vertical rainbow stripes. 

Let me know your thoughts :P

Ryan_D96

Ryan_D96

AE Luver

• 266 posts

User's Awards

Also the reason I don't mind doing more is because I like your airline as an idea/brand :P

FBoston84

FBoston84

Rising Pilot

• 60 posts

I like your LGBT flag idea, but would you mind making a gradient (maybe diagonal rainbow?) just for me?

As for the ring, I meant the whole nose. but a ring behind cockpit windows would look neat as well!

Ciao for the night!

Ryan_D96

Ryan_D96

AE Luver

• 266 posts

User's Awards

I had a go with a couple of ideas, let me know what you think :)

Attached Files

FBoston84

FBoston84

Rising Pilot

• 60 posts

I like them all!

But would you mind taking the 'love is love' off the LGBT flag one?  it could be offensive.

thanks!

Ryan_D96

Ryan_D96

AE Luver

• 266 posts

User's Awards

You do realise that it is literally the symbol of LGBT rights plastered across the entire aircraft? I'm struggling to see a situation arising in which someone is not offended by the giant flag but is offended by having one of its slogans present.

From a branding perspective, it makes sense to have it there. It clearly looks like a special pride livery so it doesn't make sense to remove it :P

FBoston84

FBoston84

Rising Pilot

• 60 posts

NVM. It would be neat to see the Jeopardy logo, which has about 4 more colors than the LGBT flag.  :P Thanks for the work. It looks beautiful.

How do you make these liveries so well?

I really want to make one for the experience, but I am not than good. I use GIMP.

Do you have any suggestions, and if possible, could you make a tutorial?

Thanks!

FBoston84

FBoston84

Rising Pilot

• 60 posts

To be honest, I think that the planes just look better without anything other that the 'Rainbow Airlines'. That is just my personal preference though. :rofl2:

Fred

Ryan_D96

Ryan_D96

AE Luver

• 266 posts

User's Awards

I use affinity designer, it has a one off payment of around £20-£30. It is a vector program which allows me to do much more crisp lines etc. 

I started out using paint.net (it's free), would highly recommend it over GIMP. I found paint.net much simpler to use and more user friendly for someone just starting out. 

I read the tutorial below to get me started and just self taught from there, experimenting etc. 

http://www.airline-e...l-for-paintnet/

I'd be happy to help you with any questions you have about using it if you have a go :P

FBoston84

FBoston84

Rising Pilot

• 60 posts

Thanks!

I already have paint.net and I really haven't used it that much, so I'll have to get comfortable. Because of that, and the fact I know GIMP, GIMP is easier for me. But I will defs try it!

Ryan_D96

Ryan_D96

AE Luver

• 266 posts

User's Awards

You can use GIMP if you wish. I just never got the hang of it so I wouldn't be of any help to you :P

FBoston84

FBoston84

Rising Pilot

• 60 posts

Thanks! I will try both and see what works. I thinks it was the templates that got me stuck. The ones this tutorial provided are superb.

Working on a DC-7C Livery right now!

I will be out for the rest of the night. Be back tmw!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users