- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

frankly.de

frankly.de

Fly the Best - Fly Airbus

• 148 posts
Hi there,

I guess this is just a lot of grumbling that hardly anyone will care about or else people will tell me off for being such a whim, but I just have to vent this... It's just plain annoying.

I operate in one of the more competitive and low yield markets here in New Zealand. My best route used to be a twice daily CHC-SYD on Q400 making a max DOP of 84.000 (yes, that's as much money as you'll ever make here with such AC). I won't name them, but I recently had this route reduced to a mere DOP of 20.000. Now these things happen, but what annoys me about it is that two of the three airlines involved actually made their money on entirely different markets and now seem to think it's a good idea to cut in on our meagre profits down here with an A320 or 328 they bought with money from elsewhere. This sucks! And it's not like they were gradually expanding in this region, no they just put one AC here to fly some random route that is totally unrelated to anything they've ever flown before.

Have any of you any similar experiences? How do you deal with them? Just swallow and get on with it? Have you tried to contact the airlines involved? I am interested in your comments.

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts
Get over it. You chose an area that has less demand then other places. If you would have started at LHR and then opened routes in the US or Africa, would others complain? No. It's all about making money and expansion.
Posted ImagePosted Image

frankly.de

frankly.de

• 148 posts

Get over it. You chose an area that has less demand then other places. If you would have started at LHR and then opened routes in the US or Africa, would others complain? No. It's all about making money and expansion.

Is it really all about making money and expansion? To me it's about trying to build a decent NZ based airline that can proudly carry the KORU around the world. I know that when chosing to base myself in NZ I am never going to mke it to the top ten, but that's not what I am here for. I know this is not the real world but a game, but even then I would like to keep it as realistic as possible. And that includes that these airlines would never have gotten landing rights for such flights way out of their own home region.

Oh and by the way, I just got DOP on that route up to 45.000. Until the others decide to drop their prices still further that is.....

Pacific

Pacific

• 1,013 posts

User's Awards

2       2      
Unfortunately, AE simulates an almost completely deregulated market. Can be both good and bad really.

AirKevin

AirKevin

Air Kevin Captain

• 929 posts
  • WLM ID:AirKevin747@yahoo.com
  • AIM Screen Name:AirKevin747
  • Yahoo ID:AirKevin747
A. If I'm not at my own base, I can't really complain since I wouldn't normally be there.
B. If I were at my own base and I saw this guy on a route, I'd keep the plane on the route. Might indicate that I ain't never getting off, and he might eventually get off.
C. If I was already there and my alliance member came on and I was losing profits, I'll just tell him to get off.
Kevin
ID: 1754

Posted Image

BarbulaM1

BarbulaM1

• 226 posts
  • WLM ID:BarbulaM1@msn.com
  • AIM Screen Name:BarbulaM1
Deal with annoying airlines, like the one flying ATL-ORD with $150 fares when they where $300 ;).
Posted ImagePosted Image
Discover The West, Go Beyond The West, Airways International
COAI Holding Group International - Airways International
Proudly serving the Greak Lakes region for over 15 years.

Visit: Simtropolis.com | Simvision.net (of course look for me)

airozzie

airozzie

Watchdog's Senior Manager

• 633 posts

Hi there,

I guess this is just a lot of grumbling that hardly anyone will care about or else people will tell me off for being such a whim, but I just have to vent this... It's just plain annoying.

I operate in one of the more competitive and low yield markets here in New Zealand. My best route used to be a twice daily CHC-SYD on Q400 making a max DOP of 84.000 (yes, that's as much money as you'll ever make here with such AC). I won't name them, but I recently had this route reduced to a mere DOP of 20.000. Now these things happen, but what annoys me about it is that two of the three airlines involved actually made their money on entirely different markets and now seem to think it's a good idea to cut in on our meagre profits down here with an A320 or 328 they bought with money from elsewhere. This sucks! And it's not like they were gradually expanding in this region, no they just put one AC here to fly some random route that is totally unrelated to anything they've ever flown before.

Have any of you any similar experiences? How do you deal with them? Just swallow and get on with it? Have you tried to contact the airlines involved? I am interested in your comments.

Would you like to 'cry' me a river?

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts

Deal with annoying airlines, like the one flying ATL-ORD with $150 fares when they where $300 ;).

Like the one that is LAX-MCO with a B744D. Or the ones going LAX-SAN with A321. :sniff:
Posted ImagePosted Image

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts
  • WLM ID:travelhouse007@gmail.com

Like the one that is LAX-MCO with a B744D. Or the ones going LAX-SAN with A321. :sniff:

Would not have to revert to such a large aircraft if one departing MCO player (Not PSA) would stop adjusting fares making this route go negitive dop all the time ;)

nzacndtrcwrdwfox

nzacndtrcwrdwfox

• 241 posts
Tough, you'll never get anywhere in this game when starting in Africa, South America or Africa.

I did this myself last round, built up my US network and then invaded South America. I can't imagine the native airlines flying ERJ's and Q400's were too happy to see my 738's land.

The market is deregulated, you can go anywhere you want. People don't have any brand loyalty in this game. Deal with it or go somewhere else.
Posted Image

frankly.de

frankly.de

• 148 posts

Would you like to 'cry' me a river?

Nope, only if you really feel like it. This is simply annoying and I thought I could say so here. Can't I?

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts

Would not have to revert to such a large aircraft if one departing MCO player (Not PSA) would stop adjusting fares making this route go negitive dop all the time ;)

That's ok. Someone keeps resetting and gives me 100%LF all the time.
Posted ImagePosted Image

737MMA

737MMA

V3 Data Guru

• 277 posts
According to travelhouse, PSA, not resetting your price to get rid of the 100% LF is E-V-I-L!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Fly_Germany

Fly_Germany

• 136 posts
  • WLM ID:tomauer@hotmail.com
  • Yahoo ID:tomauer2003@yahoo.com.au
theres nothing you can really do about it im afraid.. unless these persons are kind enough to let you go... Well your lucky they havent decided to kick out really unrealsitc prices like $1 .. FOR THAT ROUTE (in real life airlines will pay more than a $1 for that distance from Christchurch NZ to Sydney Australia, so no flames about $1 prices ;)) you will have to leave it or keep on it and try to keep up.. its not a loss to the ppl with a profitable airline

~ Air Germany, Connecting Berlin to to the world ~
"you'll Love it"

Fleet:
2 x Airbus A330-300
3 x Airbus A320-200
5 x Airbus A319-100
2 x Bombardier Q400
4 x Saab 2000
2 x ERJ-135ER
9 x ATR-42-500

(Upcoming Orders)
Airbus A319-100
Airbus A330-300
Posted Image
"3rd Rock Alliance"
No more slums. No more violence. No more poverty...Gawad Kalinga
Posted Image

daflanger

daflanger

• 21 posts

Nope, only if you really feel like it. This is simply annoying and I thought I could say so here. Can't I?

As far as I am concerned, you can say what ever you feel like saying. If we decide to respond to your post, then I believe we should do so in a constructive and objective manner.

I don't agree with you getting blasted or given the " Do you want a shoulder to cry on!! - Or live with it or leave" comments that unfortunately you are getting. However you will find many other posters who will advise you or respond in a positive manner... Listen to those and ignore all the rest!!

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts

According to travelhouse, PSA, not resetting your price to get rid of the 100% LF is E-V-I-L!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Not my sons airline at 100% LF - Here is the extract below and this route will still not settle down, pitty he would like to move the 747 to a route to get 700k + but if players can not understand that having a large market share commands higher prices then they will never go places in AE. If a player commands only 10% of a market against another player with 50%, and the player with the lower share still thinks its not right in ticket prices, then they need change schools or return to school and take a crash course in Maths.

747-400D MCO-LAX 2211.28 1 $450.00 92.4883%

oubobcat

oubobcat

• 236 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:parsonparsons

Not my sons airline at 100% LF - Here is the extract below and this route will still not settle down, pitty he would like to move the 747 to a route to get 700k + but if players can not understand that having a large market share commands higher prices then they will never go places in AE. If a player commands only 10% of a market against another player with 50%, and the player with the lower share still thinks its not right in ticket prices, then they need change schools or return to school and take a crash course in Maths.

i change my prices all the time. the only reason i do so is because i can get more out of them. i do not do the $1 bs or anything like that. if i put a plane on a route it gets maximum value for me. period. i dont try to kick people off. this is the only way i think price changing is ok. if it isnt please tell me why. i know this wasnt directed towards me and im not pissed or anything but i want to make sure that this is not e-v-i-l as someone so greatly put it earlier in this thread.

dazwalsh

dazwalsh

• 438 posts
the most annoying airlines by far are the ones activiating the 100 percent load factor bug....i know which airline it is as well on 3 of my routes ( a rather large airline not gonna say any names) although my profits shoot up when this happens it is exploiting a bug and i do not agree to it so i reset the route as often as he exploits it..hopefuly he will learn either to get the heck off the route or accept lower profits

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts

i change my prices all the time. the only reason i do so is because i can get more out of them. i do not do the $1 bs or anything like that. if i put a plane on a route it gets maximum value for me. period. i dont try to kick people off. this is the only way i think price changing is ok. if it isnt please tell me why. i know this wasnt directed towards me and im not pissed or anything but i want to make sure that this is not e-v-i-l as someone so greatly put it earlier in this thread.

Not refering to you at all, if you read the original post it is on MCO / LAX which your not on. ;)

oubobcat

oubobcat

• 236 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:parsonparsons

Not refering to you at all, if you read the original post it is on MCO / LAX which your not on. ;)

yeah i know i just wanted to put my two cents in. i annoys me when people do that to me and i just wanted to get it out there why i was doing it to others. it is not to their detrament but my benifit. hey do you still want an MCO gate btw?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users