• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

The Flying Cow

The Flying Cow

AE Know It All

• 148 posts

User's Awards

Hi,

Can anyone provide some perspective on how demand evolves over time? So for example, in R1, in an airport where there's an initial daily demand of 1000 seats in 1965, what should I expect by 1975, 1985, 1995 and so on?

Is it following a linear growth or any other growth distribution?

Thank you in advance for your insights.

PS: Willing to calculate how many seats should I put on a route so it gets covered till the world ends.

zipp

zipp

POLARIS ALLIANCE #1 FAN

• 3,340 posts

User's Awards

Maybe properly maintain your airline instead of making a spamline?

GcveK9y.png

f5RRaJZ.png

I want my gays illegal and my racism married

Jezza.

Jezza.

AE's resident Yooper.

• 438 posts

Maybe properly maintain your airline instead of making a spamline?

Let's not start this s*** again.

DWA_Sig_3_15.png

gibbokc10

gibbokc10

• 4 posts

An excellent question. I am new to the game, and therefore cannot comment on the games mechanics. However, in the real world for example, when the Boeing 707 airframe became available, the seat cost per mile to the airline, was a game changer. The Lockheed  which it replaced had fewer seats, a slower speed, and less comfort. Ticket prices set by the airlines fell markedly. I do not know if the demand for a destination in the game varies or no, or is set in stone and never varies. Please reply if you can offer an answer. Again, a very relevant question. 

Lenins Ghost

Lenins Ghost

AE Player

• 81 posts

Let's not start this s*** again.

Please do. *Grabs Popcorn*

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

It grows on a linear scale for the first 5 years of the game then stops.

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts
It varies seasonally by up to 20% . But year in year it doesnt change enough to make a difference

The Flying Cow

The Flying Cow

AE Know It All

• 148 posts

User's Awards

So... If I got it right:

- It grows the first 5 years to remain stable afterwards

- Once stabilized, it can go up to 20% and 20% down but average still remain the same over the years?

LockheedTristar

LockheedTristar

Trijets

• 285 posts

User's Awards

So... If I got it right:

- It grows the first 5 years to remain stable afterwards

- Once stabilized, it can go up to 20% and 20% down but average still remain the same over the years?

Look, from what I have seen, that demand bar is NOT the actual demand for the route, it is an estimate of what the demand COULD be. If you change your fares, IFS, and IFE the demand for people flying that route on your planes can change and this is not depicted in the visual route demand "market research" tab. 

konj1

konj1

whatever

• 562 posts

User's Awards

3       3    3      

From what I've seen, It changes very little compared to real world, it's too little considering most places that were big cities throughout the 20th century, let alone places that used to be insignificant, like Shenzhen that IRL wasn't a place of any interest before Chinese government decided to develop it in 1980, and in AE you can easily fill 747s in early 1970s just like in similar-sized modern pax number airports like Barcelona, Minneapolis, or Manila.

bAnderson

bAnderson

Timeless

• 2,139 posts

The demand is a minor seasonal change. The demand is based off of the airport's real-life size. So no matter how much of an Atlanta you make, you cannot increase your demand.

wgOP4y0.jpg

The Flying Cow

The Flying Cow

AE Know It All

• 148 posts

User's Awards

So if one can estimate the overall demand of a country (e.g. US market size) at regular fare price, the amount of seats demanded at that price won't change significantly until the end of the game, right? Just willing to calculate how many seats I need to put on the market to meet all US demand :dance: :dance3: :dance2:

Jarkii

Jarkii

Airline Simulation Addict

• 301 posts

User's Awards

2    3   

Demand tends to bounce around, varying a few hundred seats on us-us flights iv'e noticed... well at least on R0

iquit

iquit

AE Luver

• 296 posts

User's Awards

6       3    7   

Demand changes based on popularity of an airport among AE players. When you want to increase the demand of your home airport, keep pushing the data collectors to update annual passenger figure of the said airport and you will be able to add more flights to your favorite routes once it is done.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: R1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users