Photo

Worst Planes in AE

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts
Tu-144 is horrifyingly unprofitable, but still fun to have in your fleet.

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

konj1

konj1

whatever

• 562 posts

User's Awards

3       3    3      

VC-10 and Il-62 don't make a lot of money, but they make money, if you get used to the idea of getting less profit than with DC-10, you'll be content. They make the investment worth in 5-6 years (instead of most planes in AE paying off their value in ridiculous periods of 1-3 years), so no big deal, early jets are all pretty wasteful...

But I've never had real losses with those two except if there's too much competition so I don't understand people who say they just lose money. They're good planes for small long routes anyway, just like for 757 later (much more efficient, but just to make the point, I use them on the same type of routes), the kind of routes where I just don't get a lot of competition and it's all fine, and it's nice to fill all those spots. :)

I've never tried supersonics and I intend to keep it that way, numbers just don't add up. Maybe if I get reeeally bored sometime...  <_<

The Flying Cow

The Flying Cow

AE Know It All

• 148 posts

User's Awards

There´s no bad plane, but one that has been scheduled on the wrong route :rofl2:

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts
Honestly after the first week or so of the game you can run pretty much any plane and be fine, assuming you haven't run the airline into the ground by then.

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

Ejki

Ejki

AE Player

• 51 posts
I'd like to put forward the VFW-Fokker 614

WAZZ

WAZZ

Fan of being inactive

• 298 posts
  • Skype Name:wazzupyoshi

User's Awards

Putting forward the Ilyushin Il-86. Too small of a range and bad fuel economy to be worthwhile.

Discord: Farko#3900 lolbanned

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts

Putting forward the Ilyushin Il-86. Too small of a range and bad fuel economy to be worthwhile.

They aren't that bad. They're quite economical for a Jet introduced in 1986.

konj1

konj1

whatever

• 562 posts

User's Awards

3       3    3      

Not at all bad fuel economy for 70's-80's, wtf are you comparing them to? In the same age and size category, very similar to some (shorter range) versions of L-1011 and DC-10 (and actually better than LR versions), range similar to earliest versions of A300 and only a bit less economical, and they're great for dense short range routes, like many with a limited number of gates at the Asian market...

Too bad Russians ran out of money and screwed up development of the upgraded and longer range versions, and Il-96 came too late and also underdeveloped (reflected here also in bad turnaround times, but most people here don't get what that is)...

But for above mentioned purposes (dense markets, mid-range), they work just fine.

SKDave

SKDave

AE Addict To-Be

• 13 posts

The Russians threw up their hands in disgust over national aeronautical development and ran to Airbus.

KINGXyro

KINGXyro

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 579 posts

Helicopters are the worst in game. There is no possible way of making money with them. (Unless you know how)

dazwalsh

dazwalsh

• 438 posts
747- ugly turd of a plane

hayhaa

hayhaa

christs sake

• 1,681 posts

User's Awards

747- ugly turd of a plane

true

mr_arj

mr_arj

The Very Best?

• 59 posts

Helicopters are the worst in game. There is no possible way of making money with them. (Unless you know how)

I find that you can earn quite a bit of money if you fly the helicopters from a helipad to airports within 400 miles if the demand is there. E.G Hong Kong and New York helipads make profit from them.

post-71750-0-59217500-1494099395.jpg

Denver.

Denver.

Retired AE Comrade

• 2,042 posts
A321?

u2r8weo.jpg

Founder of National | Founder of Golden | Judge at National Awards 2016 | Member at SkyRoutes Alliance | Member of Universal Alliance | Member of The SkyWorld Alliance | 

Squarrel

Squarrel

Love Planes!

• 105 posts

The worst plane is the Lockheed Constellation

KINGXyro

KINGXyro

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 579 posts

I find that you can earn quite a bit of money if you fly the helicopters from a helipad to airports within 400 miles if the demand is there. E.G Hong Kong and New York helipads make profit from them.

I make profits with my Bell 212. They're kinda amazing also I operate them between airports not helipads. Because not much of a helipad in Asia that I know of :)

A321?

You gotta be kidding me the Airbus A321 can make loads of profits (Only if you use the right configuration)

mr_arj

mr_arj

The Very Best?

• 59 posts

I make profits with my Bell 212. They're kinda amazing also I operate them between airports not helipads. Because not much of a helipad in Asia that I know of :)

There is a helipad in Hong Kong. The only other airport there. It is called Hong Kong Shun Tak.

post-71750-0-59217500-1494099395.jpg

Appassionata

Appassionata

AE Player

• 42 posts

User's Awards

2    4    2      

A340-300 is very profitable. It is more profitable than A330-300. (Still, A330 is good enough and happy to pick it up from used market)

Surprisingly bad plane here is 777-300ER - the range is not any longer than 777-300, then is less efficient than it. I am happy to pick up this plane from used market, but I would rather fill the order book with normal 777-300s.

Good ones:

Tu-114, CL-44 Yukon (the "most" efficient aircraft with 2000+mile range), Trident 3B, ATRs, Q400 NextGen, 737-400, 737-900ER, A320-200, A319LR, 747-400, 757-300, 777-300, 787s, A340-300, A380-800, A350s

Bad ones:

737-500. 737-900, 744ER, 777-200LR, 777-300ER (relative to 777-300) A321-200, A318, A330-200 (fine when bought used; but much worse than A340-300), A340-500, A340-600

vostok

vostok

AE Player

• 35 posts

Concorde isnt actually that bad, Mine make about 1mil profit each. They just have be routed carefully and preferably with no competition :P

Ive never managed to get the TU-144S to make money though  :)

And a few helis are hard to make work, but I love the Sea king.

I also hate the fuel flow figure they have for the VC-10's, its so inaccurate. I am lucky enough to still work on them and all their data sheets on fuel/performance is competitive to 707's and DC-8's (For fuel flow/burn). I hope it gets changed :disgusted:

LJ Aviation

LJ Aviation

The Official Dabber of AE

• 321 posts

User's Awards

bads:

Supersonics (Concorde is better than TU-144)

Early jets

Yakovlev Yak-42

Ilyushin Il-86

RJ

Good jets:

Everything from Boeing and Airbus after 1975 besides the "M" versions of Boeings (eg 747-400M)

Any props larger than 100 besides Bombardier and ATR

Actually Il-96 is not that bad considering its purchase price.

PKInW0N.jpgPgdni23.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users