Photo

Australian Federal Election - 2016 (or 2017)

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Adam.Bomb

Adam.Bomb

The user with a past

• 513 posts

Australian politics seems interesting. I just thought it was similar to Britain's politics. Turns out I was somewhat correct, as y'all do have a self destructive immigration policy like Britain does. Thus, recently like all the western world there is a a large frugality movement. Worldwide people are beginning to notice, and I'm sure the parties they vote for (in droves) will continue to be robbed of dozens of seats in parliament. (in the UK and elsewhere) Soon we will rise up and expel these disgusting stains on society from our cultural hearths, and back to their disgusting countries where they belong. (yes I am a certified *******). Winners write history, winners enjoy its cocktails. Guns, germs, and steel my ass, they belong where they belong. This is reverse class warfare not racism.

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

This is reverse class warfare not racism.

If you have to say that an idea or practice isn't racism, it's racism.

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

zipp

zipp

POLARIS ALLIANCE #1 FAN

• 3,340 posts

User's Awards

Australian politics seems interesting. I just thought it was similar to Britain's politics. Turns out I was somewhat correct, as y'all do have a self destructive immigration policy like Britain does. Thus, recently like all the western world there is a a large frugality movement. Worldwide people are beginning to notice, and I'm sure the parties they vote for (in droves) will continue to be robbed of dozens of seats in parliament. (in the UK and elsewhere) Soon we will rise up and expel these disgusting stains on society from our cultural hearths, and back to their disgusting countries where they belong. (yes I am a certified *******). Winners write history, winners enjoy its cocktails. Guns, germs, and steel my ass, they belong where they belong. This is reverse class warfare not racism.

1. Please don't comment here, you aren't welcome nor will you ever be welcome in the Commonwealth of Australia

2. 1338514760293.jpg

GcveK9y.png

f5RRaJZ.png

I want my gays illegal and my racism married

konj1

konj1

whatever

• 562 posts

User's Awards

3       3    3      

Soon we will rise up and expel these disgusting stains on society from our cultural hearths, and back to their disgusting countries where they belong. .

... This is .. not racism.

Hmm, hmm, yeah, ok, it kinda is racism, pretty much textbook racism. 

frugality

Guns, germs, and steel my ass, they belong where they belong. 

reverse class warfare

I don't think you understand what either refers to, or you're using it the completely wrong way, you educated man who reads a lot.

But it's great, you know words. You have the best words.  :thumbup:

Adam.Bomb

Adam.Bomb

The user with a past

• 513 posts

Gun, germs, and steel tries to justify why inferior societies exist, by saying they are some how disadvantaged. The entire way of thinking is flawed. The western world is better because it is better, Britain ran a country Guinea didn't, thus Australia>Guinea. Our culture>Guinea's culture, etc. We win we always win, all we do is win (since 743). The funny thing is the politically active on the left are so lost, because you always LOSE. If what you all advocate is true, we will ravage this planet, the poor will get poorer, we will get richer. Of course its because we are smarter and work harder. (contrary to popular belief we did build this) So lets say ya'll are right (which your not) the right (capitalism, enlightenment ideals. etc.) are going to win, we have been winning for almost a millennium. Its honestly getting kind of old. 

konj1

konj1

whatever

• 562 posts

User's Awards

3       3    3      

-.- This is not true, I can't believe I'm reading this.

You're trivializing a very complex historical thesis (that explains a lot what most serious verifiable historiography and anthropological and scientific evidence can reach) for your racist crap ideology. There are points that can be criticized, of course, from totally opposite academic and political thinking and by thinkers with very different heritage, but you're clueless.

I'm not on the left, and I believe in both capitalism and enlightenment. I'm just not on your side of idiotic ignorance.

And both capitalism and enlightenment are not a millennium old FYI, go back to elementary school history books, if you ever read them in the first place. 

Adam.Bomb

Adam.Bomb

The user with a past

• 513 posts

The millennium figure comes from the Frankish empire vanquishing Muslim scum from Europe. Thus marking the power shift to what would become the west (away from the middle east), and Judeo-christian dominance in Europe, thus the entire world as well. We would be speaking Arabic right now if the Franks were defeated. Now on the avocation of racism. It has nothing to do with skin color for me. Justifying the desparity , is an infantile approach. To me the best explanation for western dominance is ideology. We are smarter, faster, and stronger, because we structure our societies to optimize that. We shouldn't voluntarily weigh ourselves down with those we have soundly defeated by every measure of success available to man. 

konj1

konj1

whatever

• 562 posts

User's Awards

3       3    3      

It has nothing to do with skin color for me. Justifying the desparity , is an infantile approach. The millennium figure comes from the Frankish empire vanquishing Muslim scum from Europe. Thus marking the power shift to what would become the west (away from the middle east), and Judeo-christian dominance in Europe, thus the entire world as well. We would be speaking Arabic right now if the Franks were defeated. 

-.-

It wasn't Frankish Empire but still a fractured Frankish Kingdom when the last Arab advancements in Gaul happened, Franks didn't vanquish Muslims from Europe, Muslims stayed in Spain until 1492, Muslims were advancing and defeating strongest European powers on the other side of Europe and through Mediterranean until Ottoman Empire started showing weakness in 17th century, and Western European ambassadors were amazed by 16th century Ottoman Empire (as they were with Chinese Empire) in the Early Modern era, and admitted they had a lot to learn still then even though they advanced in other parts of the world, so don't underestimate Muslim contribution in what Europe has become later.

If anything, late medieval and early modern Europe was ready to learn and adapt, and for Christianity color of the skin didn't matter actually when they assimilated natives, and imperialism failed at the beginning of the 20th century when it became an openly racist ideology and it thought European civilization was better and white peoples were inherently superior and tried to push eugenics etc., so figure out what ideology crashed itself and wasn't able to adapt... 

You can't win just by saying you read some books. Better lay off your history knowledge because it's at dilettante level at best, because I'm not in a mood to write you entire essays when everything you say is wrong.

To me the best explanation for western dominance is ideology. We are smarter, faster, and stronger, because we structure our societies to optimize that. We shouldn't voluntarily weigh ourselves down with those we have soundly defeated by every measure of success available to man. 

Obviously it has to do with color of the skin because you keep bringing up things that are linked purely with physical features and heritage.

You may be a bit smarter than your average retard racist buddy, but you're not very smart on average.

I'm white and European and I like thinking that I'm smart, strong and fast, but in many individual things I don't feel smarter or faster and stronger than many individual Chinese, Indian, African, Arab or native American or Australian persons. -.- If you do, you probably didn't accomplish much and need your society and heritage's accomplishments to feel proud. Nothing unusual, but it doesn't make you great, you know...

We shouldn't voluntarily weigh ourselves down with those we have soundly defeated by every measure of success available to man. 

I don't feel like "we" with you, and I don't know what you won, champ. You don't even have an AE rep trophy, lol.

:whistle:

konj1

konj1

whatever

• 562 posts

User's Awards

3       3    3      

xx 

Adam.Bomb

Adam.Bomb

The user with a past

• 513 posts

The west has been the hearth of everything good that has come to the world since the industrial revolution. That is a long time. You are partially correct in your correction of my historical reference. However, practically all historians mark the battles in Gaul as the religious turning point in Europe. Aside from that the smarter, faster, stronger is referring to western society in general, and you can't refute that, I say the sound winning the west has been doing in the modern age is because we just have fundamentally better societies, cultures, ideologies, social structure, government, etc. The reason for that is mainly religion, or the lack of (secularizing christian societies). Yes me, an evangelical christian am able to admit that. So you can view me as stupid or not smart, racist or whatever else. At least I justify the western success by things more valid than agricultural, physiological density among other things. Which if you objectively look at the world stage Geography is anon-factor. 

Fiercenight9

Fiercenight9

The Ungoverned

• Veteran
  • 154 posts

ah the West, taking lands that arent ours and using the people we find there as complete and utter savages whose only place is to serve unquestioningly to a master he did not agree to serve, then purging his lands of his tribesman to make way for the White man's homes, churches and businesses. the Way of the West is: Shrewd Capitalism, Overwhelming technological superiority due to the countless wars back in the old world, and needing to find a better way to kill each other. ^_^ Sorry, but this is 2016, the age of Western imperialistic empires are over :/

I look at my species through a lens of wonder and pity

Adam.Bomb

Adam.Bomb

The user with a past

• 513 posts

Exactly we went from being imperialistic dicks to leading the charge in abolition and classical liberal ideals. Not to mention like I said being the hearth of all things good. 

Fiercenight9

Fiercenight9

The Ungoverned

• Veteran
  • 154 posts

:rofl: 

I look at my species through a lens of wonder and pity

Frdm920

Frdm920

Professional Chat Killer

• AE Moderator / Data Collector
  • 558 posts

User's Awards

Wow this seriously got off topic. This topic is for discussion about the upcoming election in Australia, not about "is the west better than everywhere else?" While I'm leaving the existing posts in place any further ones that do not relate to the original topic will be removed.

Anyhow, Gov has brought forward the budget by a week to May 3rd and Senate Voting changes look set to pass (although there may be a High Court Challenge by one Senator on the basis of the new rules violating Section 7 of the Constitution even though I have no clue how the curren system doesn't violate that.) so July 2nd Double Dissolution looks pretty likely.

a0149d3efa.jpg

zipp

zipp

POLARIS ALLIANCE #1 FAN

• 3,340 posts

User's Awards

Wow this seriously got off topic. This topic is for discussion about the upcoming election in Australia, not about "is the west better than everywhere else?" While I'm leaving the existing posts in place any further ones that do not relate to the original topic will be removed.

Anyhow, Gov has brought forward the budget by a week to May 3rd and Senate Voting changes look set to pass (although there may be a High Court Challenge by one Senator on the basis of the new rules violating Section 7 of the Constitution even though I have no clue how the curren system doesn't violate that.) so July 2nd Double Dissolution looks pretty likely.

I'll ask Turnbull when I see him next ^_^

GcveK9y.png

f5RRaJZ.png

Frdm920

Frdm920

Professional Chat Killer

• AE Moderator / Data Collector
  • 558 posts

User's Awards

Well it took them 40 hours but Senate Voting changes passed 36 - 23 now it just needs to be passed by the House. If I'm honest though I think this debacle just proves our senate is in serious need of an overhaul...

a0149d3efa.jpg

zipp

zipp

POLARIS ALLIANCE #1 FAN

• 3,340 posts

User's Awards

So, I think this is just Frdm and I talking about it, but the trigger for the Double Dissolution has been annouced, the reintroduction of the ABCC.

So, basically if the ABCC bill doesn't pass the Senate, we shall be heading to the polls on Saturday, July 2nd, 2016, to vote elect a full House of Represenatives and Senate

GcveK9y.png

f5RRaJZ.png

zipp

zipp

POLARIS ALLIANCE #1 FAN

• 3,340 posts

User's Awards

So, the Liberal/Coalition Government might be having another leadership challenge.

In other news, the Labor Party has a 1% lead on the Liberal Party, in a 51/49 Newspoll statistic, the first time since Malcolm has taken office

GcveK9y.png

f5RRaJZ.png

zipp

zipp

POLARIS ALLIANCE #1 FAN

• 3,340 posts

User's Awards

http://www.theaustra...3edf26dd296acbaladies and gentlemen we are having a Double Dissolution 

GcveK9y.png

f5RRaJZ.png

zipp

zipp

POLARIS ALLIANCE #1 FAN

• 3,340 posts

User's Awards

With less than 1 month to go, Newspoll is predicting a Bill Shorten/Labor government will form government.

Newspoll predicts that Matt Williams, Member for Hindmarsh, will retain his seat; one of the most marginal in the country at 1.89%.

Embattled liberal MP Jamie Briggs is predicted to hold the previously safe liberal seat of Mayo(naise), however, Newspoll does not take Nick Xenofone team candidate Rebakah Sharkie into account.

Basically, we're looking at one of the closest elections since the 2010 one.

GcveK9y.png

f5RRaJZ.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users