• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

Village Idiot

Village Idiot

AE Addict To-Be

• 16 posts

User's Awards

2    2      

Usually if it's anything more than 75 daily seats or so, I'll send a 737 in seven times a week. However, at DAL and ones with shorter runways, I usually run the CV-440 in older game worlds, as it has lower fuel consumption. Replacing them, however, is near impossible to do with another prop until the ATR-42/72-600--since the range on any prop is much lower than the (I believe) around 1,200 mi range of the -440. Usually I end up splitting it between an RJ and a newer turboprop like a Saab 2000 or Q-series. Since DAL has seat restrictions you're pretty much forced to use a smaller plane with higher frequencies.

Although it isn't very realistic you can run the AN-72 to pretty much any destination in North America in a 56 seat configuration. It has max payload range of 1937 and a max fuel range of 2980! It is a bit slower (437 vs. 505) than the CRJ-700 which comes 15 years later but fuel burn is the same. Fuel consumption of the AN-72 is quite a bit higher (5x) than the contemporary Q300 but the speed is 50% higher mitigating that to a certain degree.

JamesH4

JamesH4

AE Addict To-Be

• 15 posts

User's Awards

6    22    12       2   

I'm use)))

http://ae31.airline-...ae3r6&player=15

DL727

DL727

Blue Horseshoe loves Blue Star Airlines, Got it?

• 42 posts

I don't think you have enough hubs...

bAnderson

bAnderson

Timeless

• 2,139 posts

I don't think you have enough hubs...

XD

wgOP4y0.jpg

Tycondero

Tycondero

• 3 posts

Also are helicopters of any use?

bAnderson

bAnderson

Timeless

• 2,139 posts

Technically they can be used for profit, but it's very hard to. A helicopter has a limited range and a limited capacity. Let's say you went from PHL to a NYC Heliport. The demand is about 200, so you put the flight 5x daily, but the helicopter still has a ton of hours and your only choice is to go to other heliports or try to fill demand on actual routes, which is unprofitable.

wgOP4y0.jpg

konj1

konj1

whatever

• 562 posts

User's Awards

3       3    3      

My only profitable strategy for helicopters was to fill them with first and business class, and maybe a few economy seats with overpriced tickets since there are few of them... Which actually makes sense IRL since helicopters are mostly very expensive to ride.

So they might work if you don't flood the route and there's no competition...

But I usually avoid them, I gave them only a couple of tries.

highland

highland

AE Luver

• 393 posts

I'm so bad at this game. I can't even consider using anything less then an A320-200. the moment I use planes that holds less then 180 passengers. it's bankrupt city for me.... now that I think about it though. the A320-200, A321-200 and the boing 767-200ER are the only planes i can use and not go bankrupt... but then again. i usually die when i build up to like 500 767's on lease and can't buy them off fast enough. them rat bastards kill me every game.

Denver.

Denver.

Retired AE Comrade

• 2,042 posts
I am good at this game. I am proud of myself

u2r8weo.jpg

Founder of National | Founder of Golden | Judge at National Awards 2016 | Member at SkyRoutes Alliance | Member of Universal Alliance | Member of The SkyWorld Alliance | 

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts

I am good at this game. I am proud of myself

Modest!?

bAnderson

bAnderson

Timeless

• 2,139 posts

I'm so bad at this game. I can't even consider using anything less then an A320-200. the moment I use planes that holds less then 180 passengers. it's bankrupt city for me.... now that I think about it though. the A320-200, A321-200 and the boing 767-200ER are the only planes i can use and not go bankrupt... but then again. i usually die when i build up to like 500 767's on lease and can't buy them off fast enough. them rat bastards kill me every game.

762s are very unprofitable for me, especially as the 767-300ER comes in.

wgOP4y0.jpg

WAZZ

WAZZ

Fan of being inactive

• 298 posts
  • Skype Name:wazzupyoshi

User's Awards

762s are very unprofitable for me, especially as the 767-300ER comes in.

I can find use for the 762ER on longer routes with fairly low capacity that the 763ER can't get to or has too low a passenger rate for that.

Discord: Farko#3900 lolbanned

bAnderson

bAnderson

Timeless

• 2,139 posts

I'd rather underfill a 763ER than fill a 762ER. And when it's out of range the 772ER is available most of the time.

wgOP4y0.jpg

5280_Av8r

5280_Av8r

• 265 posts

User's Awards

I have a pretty good amount of Rjs. They are really good for low demand routes and it just feels more realistic unless you're doing an all economy airline. They make more sense to use in North America and Europe in my opinion.

If you include E195s and E190s, then I have 460 Rjs, if you don't include them, I have 371 Rjs. But idk which of these to actually classify as rjs. The aircraft are King Air, CRJ200(ER)(LR), CRJ700ER, CRJ900(ER)(LR), Q400,

EMB170(LR)(STD), EMB175LR, EMB190LR, EMB195LR, EMB-120, ERJ-145XR

berubium

berubium

AE Luver

• 331 posts

User's Awards

I have 371 Rjs. But idk which of these to actually classify as rjs. The aircraft are King Air, CRJ200(ER)(LR), CRJ700ER, CRJ900(ER)(LR), Q400,

EMB170(LR)(STD), EMB175LR, EMB190LR, EMB195LR, EMB-120, ERJ-145XR

Q400 & B200 King Air definitely aren't regional jets as they are turboprop aircraft.  Yes that can accomplish some of the same missions that regional jets do, but that doesn't make them regional jets.  The rest of them that you listed are considered regional jets, but EMB190 & EMB195 are considered mainline aircraft on some airlines (Air Canada comes to mind; I've flown from YYC & YEG nonstop all the way to YUL on a EMB190; pretty long flight).

Berubium.png

LJ Aviation

LJ Aviation

The Official Dabber of AE

• 321 posts

User's Awards

The only way I found to make RJs profitable is to deploy them at secondary airports.

Like Long Beach to Oakland but these routes can still be filled by 737/320

So put them on tertiary airports with less than 100 demands and open 7x flights a week and use one aircraft to serve 10 routes

that is a lot of work so i dont really bother with that unless the major routes are all full

PKInW0N.jpgPgdni23.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users