• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

It's always better to operate 1 flights using A319 compared to 3 flights using CRJ-700

bAnderson

bAnderson

Timeless

• 2,139 posts

I think that using a 747-8I on the JFK-BUF route is the stupidest thing I've seen/heard. I despise people who do that.

wgOP4y0.jpg

buckeyecapsfan19

buckeyecapsfan19

AE Player

• 26 posts

User's Awards

I think that using a 747-8I on the JFK-BUF route is the stupidest thing I've seen/heard. I despise people who do that.

I know, right? Or the guy who uses a 744 ATL-MCO all economy 3x a week. #ThanksForTheMarketShare #IllBeatYouWithFrequency

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

He might be smarter than you. Trust me on that one. Except if you don't care about profit at all.

LockheedTristar

LockheedTristar

Trijets

• 285 posts

User's Awards

KEK

http://i.imgur.com/BzbRnYT.jpg

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

Oh, and don't forget how the more aircrafts you owned, the slower the page gonna reload for you. Having 6000+ aircraft teach me that lesson. I used to operate around 3000 narrow-body and Regional jets before. The loading time is killing my airlines.

Hake.

Hake.

Too Old For All This Jazz

• 4,295 posts
  • Skype Name:billfoster123

User's Awards

My real concern is that big companies (United, Lufthansa, Aer Lingus, Iberia) have lots of regional jets and aircraft, but many of the in game companies don't, even when necessary.

EI scrapped their RJs in 2004. Air Nostrum are in the process of selling their CRJs. The age of the regional jet grows short. They burn too much fuel. The waste slots in big airports. That's why they're not very used.

Lord Corner

Lord Corner

Perfectionist

• 112 posts

My real concern is that big companies (United, Lufthansa, Aer Lingus, Iberia) have lots of regional jets and aircraft, but many of the in game companies don't, even when necessary.

Lufthansa has begun to split its RJ's T-Props and so on by separating from its "on-behalf" operators. The only special one is Eurowings, which was recently taken over completely and now is outfleeting all CRJ900's and relplace them with A320's.. And I guess someday Germanwings will be integrated into Eurowings as well.. just because of one thing going to all branches in worldwide economy: the bigger the better.. may it be an agrobusiness or anything else, the small companys find there gap or simply die. Nothing else with airlines.

Nevertheless this process is dynamic and started in the mid 80's.. so until then these developments in-game beginning from the start are really "uncool".. not to say unrealistic, but this topic is located elsewhere.. Though I guess that's the "jumping point" as we say in Germany..

Back to the RJ's, Lufthansa still has some CRJ200's and 700's operating routes which are simply "hub-connectors" not enough demand required for A320's 737's, but too much to not fly them. Not to forget Lufthansa daughters Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, Air Dolomitit or bmi.

DL727

DL727

Blue Horseshoe loves Blue Star Airlines, Got it?

• 42 posts
Usually if it's anything more than 75 daily seats or so, I'll send a 737 in seven times a week. However, at DAL and ones with shorter runways, I usually run the CV-440 in older game worlds, as it has lower fuel consumption. Replacing them, however, is near impossible to do with another prop until the ATR-42/72-600--since the range on any prop is much lower than the (I believe) around 1,200 mi range of the -440. Usually I end up splitting it between an RJ and a newer turboprop like a Saab 2000 or Q-series. Since DAL has seat restrictions you're pretty much forced to use a smaller plane with higher frequencies.

Porterhouse7070

Porterhouse7070

• 2 posts

I have two airlines. One operates with 65 ERJs, the other with 98 ERJs/CRJs. I use them and love them.

I dabbled in running PC-12 and helicopter routes but the profit was scarce and just not worth the time to set them up. Not gonna waste time setting up helo hubs for $500 daily profit.

konj1

konj1

whatever

• 562 posts

User's Awards

3       3    3      

I agree with that...

By the way, turn time makes biggest planes on very short routes painfully inefficient... Small planes do a better job there and more profit because big plane's crew is stalled (but I know a few people will repeat how I'm not spamming it the right way). And big ones with low frequency are easy to "defeat" because frequency makes reputation too low to compete, also because of the way AE distributes passengers, if you have 1 weekly they can be 100% thrown out, one of things that makes for some realism and sense in AE even with all the other non-realistic things.

And in a few games I couldn't get enough planes for big routes anyway so small ones are a big help for small routes where I can spare hours on bigger planes. Isn't that logical? And smaller routes usually have little competition throughout the game, and some of my ATRs and CRJs make more money than A380s on over-spammed main routes.

Also, they are cheap to start with, and It's much easier and more flexible to start a few ATRs at the beginning of the game as well, and you get 1 delivered every week and 2 of them might easily make you as much money as 1 A320.

For domestic market where you can build 200 gate terminals, why wouldn't I use them? :P

Much more money and more fun, especially when the game is stalled without used market for the first year or two.

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

Konj1, I don't think you realized that spam logic is different from the way you're playing. We could drop our prices to $10 and still make $900,000 of dollars from that routes. Don't forget connecting passengers. Most spammers rely heavily on them. Also, spammers won't put 7 flights in a route. They would use at least 40 flights using B747. This is why you have hard time competing with them, you don't use other player perspective. 

konj1

konj1

whatever

• 562 posts

User's Awards

3       3    3      

hard time... I think you've got the wrong idea   :D

It's not like I don't have routes with 5-10x more than demand and dumping prices and a whole bunch of 7 digit dop routes. 

That wasn't my point.

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

I don't get your point then.

bAnderson

bAnderson

Timeless

• 2,139 posts

TNT, I hope you don't plan to go to college for business.

wgOP4y0.jpg

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

No, I went to college to study English major last year.

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts
Sometimes turboprops are too slow. Yiu need an economical RIJ, like the Bombardier CS100 if it counts as an RJ. The E195 AR is an RJ, so the CS100 would work well in those roles also. 4 digit fuel flow ftw.

Jarkii

Jarkii

Airline Simulation Addict

• 301 posts

User's Awards

2    3   

What i do with my airline, is i fly to every other airport in the country i'm in (for fun), so i just pick 1 regional jet and order like 50 of them.

Preston

Preston

AE Luver

• 252 posts

I don't know why. Regional jets are good on short low demand routes

767holic

767holic

AE Know It All

• 225 posts

User's Awards

3    4         

Well, in AE regional jets such like Bombardier and Embraer Jets need more runway length compared with some B-737 series. Even the 737-700(which have twice the range and triple of capacity) is able to land on shorter runway compared with CRJ-100.

If the demand are not enough to be served by 737's, then use some good turboprops like Q400 or if in 1970-1980's choose YS-11 or HS-748. Not choosing ATR because they need more runway length compared with Q400 and had lesser range.

The only regional jets i always use in game is Bae146-100 and Avro RJ series, they able to land on runway that can't be landed by 737-700's. And An-72 to serve routes to remote area airports(with less than 3500ft runway) from main hub(no any propeller planes in my main hub, only jets). 

"Managing a real world airline is not as easy as you play Airline Empires. Real world airline are more and much more complicated"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users