* - - - - 3 votes AE 3.1 AE 4.0

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

UnitedContinental

UnitedContinental

Meh.

• 10 posts

User's Awards

Recently in R4, a relatively new airline went from having a handful of planes to leasing out 200 737-400's, 60+ 747-300's, 16 747-400's, 185ish A320-200's, 8 A320-100's, and several A330-300's and A340-200's. This airline now have a fleet of 500. the 22nd largest in the world. However, his valuation is the 147th in the world. Something must be done about this in the future. Do I operate one of the largest fleets in the world? yes. Do I only have the 39th highest airline valuation? yes. But it simply is not realistic to have a start-up suddenly acquire 490ish aircraft off the Used Market. I do not know what exactly to suggest in order to fix this problem, however some rule or regulation must be addressed.

We could change it to having your valuation determine the max number of aircraft you can operate. But again, I don't know exactly what should be done. I just felt as if this must be brought to the attention of the developers in order to fix/stop this from happening in the future.

Will101

Will101

Only Teardrops

• 1,683 posts

Just explain how this would be useful in anyway... if you have the cash to buy an aircraft what should stop you from doing it? (Unless there was an actual trade embargo on that type) 

Mobeer

Mobeer

AE Luver

• 325 posts

User's Awards

8       2    2   

It just comes down to how profitable airlines are in AE, that leads to almost every airline having a giant pile of cash on hand after about 10 years, that makes mass leasing easy if the player has the time.  Best way to fix this would be to reduce profitability.

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,458 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

LOL he's talking about Me!  XD

TheSamoloot

TheSamoloot

AE Player

• 55 posts

User's Awards

Here's a tip. If you want to be in the TOP, use 'nice' IFS and start your airline when the world is reset.

Hake.

Hake.

Too Old For All This Jazz

• 4,295 posts
  • Skype Name:billfoster123

User's Awards

This sounds like the pot calling the kettle black. You should be respectful to people who use different models, even if it annoys you.

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,458 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

This sounds like the pot calling the kettle black. You should be respectful to people who use different models, even if it annoys you.

:wub:

schotz89

schotz89

• 190 posts

User's Awards

I do believe it can be annoying if someone is just hoarding planes and not using.  But if they are fully using them I see no problem buying them all up, it can also help clean up the used aircraft market space.

Atalntis Alliance

sound_guy0918

sound_guy0918

AE Know It All

• 163 posts

Some people buy extra aircraft and park them just so their utilization is at a certain number of hours.

KJS607

KJS607

The O.G. Savage

• 3,860 posts

User's Awards

6       3   

I say buying up is just something that happens in AE. There is nothing you can do about it as it reflects reality :P

msg-1341-0-50048700-1680446869_thumb.png

I did a thing: thetravelsavage.com

LLC

LLC

AE Luver

• 461 posts

Also some airlines buy used aircraft to create new routes that will eventually be replaced by aircraft on order.

(Southwest and other similar low cost airlines come to mind) 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: AE 3.1, AE 4.0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users