Donation system

- - - - - AE 3.1 AE 4.0

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Airplanepilot501

Airplanepilot501

Private Pilot

• 57 posts

I have never seen anyone talk about a way to donate money to help AE develop faster.

Many suggestions talk about adding grate features like timetables and more realism from games like Airlinesim and other paid airline simulator games, but adding these features in a relatively short amount of time can cost a lot of money and AE is free. So how can we get these awesome features while still making AE free, by doing what Wikipedia and countless other sites with premium but free features does by having a donation system.

So i propose adding a way to donate to Airline Empires by adding a donation system to the home page or stating a donation camping. The donated money can go to help speed up development of AE4 and many more updates to come.

An indiegogo campaign and start raising money for AE. http://www.indiegogo.com/

1312Low-plane-landing.gif

jmOio.jpg

Nexus8

Nexus8

Football Wingback

• 2,389 posts

User's Awards

Money really doesn't speed up AE4 (from what I know) as they are volunteers but it help to cover for things such as server costs

Signature%203.png

Hake.

Hake.

Too Old For All This Jazz

• 4,295 posts
  • Skype Name:billfoster123

User's Awards

Would it make much difference? Money can't buy the developers another hour in their day, or less work. Either way, very little would be raised. Most users of this site are teenagers who obviously don't have credit cards.

Airplanepilot501

Airplanepilot501

Private Pilot

• 57 posts

Would it make much difference? Money can't buy the developers another hour in their day, or less work. Either way, very little would be raised. Most users of this site are teenagers who obviously don't have credit cards.

Donations don't always have to come from members of this site.We can use indiegogo http://www.indiegogo.com/  or other fundraiser sites for an Airline Empires fundraiser. If an indiegogo campaign was stated right now, and Airlines Empires is advertized, a good amount of money can still be raised to help with server expenses or even hire extra developers to work on AE4. Teenagers don't have credit cards, but they may have YouTube account, Facebook or twitter, so members who are willing to advertise for the Airline Empires indiegogo campaign can..

It worked for Tobuscus, why can't it work for Airline empires?

1312Low-plane-landing.gif

jmOio.jpg

lake

lake

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 717 posts

Donations don't always have to come from members of this site.We can use indiegogo http://www.indiegogo.com/  or other fundraiser sites for an Airline Empires fundraiser. If an indiegogo campaign was stated right now, and Airlines Empires is advertized, a good amount of money can still be raised to help with server expenses or even hire extra developers to work on AE4. Teenagers don't have credit cards, but they may have YouTube account, Facebook or twitter, so members who are willing to advertise for the Airline Empires indiegogo campaign can..

It worked for Tobuscus, why can't it work for Airline empires?

Because we really don't need any more developers. Yuxi does a fine job at developing and would probably not enjoy having other people attempting to run his site. Be thankful for what you have and that Yuxi is willing to spend his time developing AE.

Signature.png

To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift.

Steve Prefontaine

iquit

iquit

AE Luver

• 296 posts

User's Awards

6       3    7   

I may be wrong but from what I understand, AE is not an open project in terms of accounting and intellectual properties. So it may not accept external fund and manpower contribution.

zipp

zipp

POLARIS ALLIANCE #1 FAN

• 3,340 posts

User's Awards

I may be wrong but from what I understand, AE is not an open project in terms of accounting and intellectual properties. So it may not accept external fund and manpower contribution.

It is possible to fund AE, using the advert block ($20 iirc)

GcveK9y.png

f5RRaJZ.png

I want my gays illegal and my racism married

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: AE 3.1, AE 4.0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users