Photo

Tips on how to get an airline with good money on hard maps

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

TheAsian

TheAsian

The only North Korean defector on this fine site

• 54 posts
Can someone get me tips on how to get a good money airline on the maps which are like $7,500,000? I usually see airlines with around $30,000,000 and I usually get $-60,000,000.

mxax-ai

mxax-ai

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 585 posts

User's Awards

3    3      

Could you specify "good money airline"? Do you mean a successful airline with a positive income?

Generally ( as also mentioned here and here):

1. Stick with one or at most two efficient aircraft families
  2. Avoid competition
  3. Don't pay your staff too much and utilise your hours
  4. Don't buy too early, instead lease aas much as you can (and schedule)

rubiohiguey

rubiohiguey

AE Player

• 63 posts

I ahve been on AE since last weekend, and I have made over 2.5 billion in Sandbox (starting capital 99 million), 450+ million in Open World and 250+ million in Real World with Political Limitations (both starting capital 7.5 million), all in 4 real-life days, by following these rules (and the money keeps flowing in...):

- 1 or 2 aircraft families (B737, and A320, A320 are preferred but hard to come by used in real world unless ordered new)

- Mid haul routes

- 19-20 hour utilization

- LEASE LEASE LEASE

- Avoiding competition

- Serving underserved markets (with no routes)

- doing 1-2 frequencies per week on small routes, they are still profitable ... (a kind of Wallmart strategy - lots of small change results in one big chunk of money)

- PRICE GAUGING!!! yes, I price maximize every route, every class of service. I keep clicking until I find the equilibrum between the highest net profit per day and load factor for the given class on the given route.

AND as a lesson I have just learned, if you start out of smaller country, if you find profitable routes buy all gates possible in your home airport so the competition cannot move in (unelss they are already there and have gates).

It is a tedios process and time consuming, but you get more money than just doing the big trunk routes where everybody moves in and depresses the price.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users