Photo

Gates

- - - - - AE 4.0

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Brando

Brando

• 499 posts

I think we need to reconfigure the way we time table gates. I find it amusing how if my first route I ever open up is say PHX-LAS very close together so no doubt i can fly this over 50 times with my single plane i have. Why do we need to have 2 gates at each airport to fly one plane there over 50 times a week? Its not like the gate gets tired and has to rest :P So what i suggest is we factor in turn times the gate has 10080 MINUTES a week. so instead of 50 frequencys you have 10080 minutes, you want to fly a A320 in to that gate 1x a week it subtracts the 35 minute turn time into that 10080 so this way it becomes more realistic, afterall the way it is set up right now, it implys it takes the same amount of time to disembark, fuel, load, and re-embark a B1900 as a A380-800. So overall just more realism and fixing a odd and frustrating aspect of our current game. Thanks for your time

-Brando

ar157

ar157

Resident Australian Arnimal

• 1,476 posts

User's Awards

Yes, someone (maybe you?) has raised this up before, but personally i am more in favour of a slots system whereby there are no gates as such that you lease but instead, every flight you open takes up a slot. The number of slots at an airport would be: gate number*50

Brando

Brando

• 499 posts

yeah, this was me, same new style too, i wanted to bring it up again to stir up talks again

LATAM

LATAM

The neutral member

• 570 posts

User's Awards

I like the idea about the time for gates not slots. 

post-80164-0-57964300-1517860417.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: AE 4.0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users