Photo

Boeing/Airbus reveal 787/A350 first class interiors

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

airline55

airline55

• 1,198 posts
Well, Boeing revealed the 787 interior a few days ago, and now airbus has countered. Take a look.:P

Ok. Here is the 787 first class interior.
Posted Image
Looks moderately comfortable, the seats remined me of a BA plane. The coach looks normal although with bigger windows and seats.

And now, the A350:
Posted Image
???

RmTrice

RmTrice

• 255 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:RmTrice07
They both look nice, but I think the 787 will be a much more enjoyable aircraft to fly on. I hope NWA dosent give up on those 787 orders they have!

AirKevin

AirKevin

Air Kevin Captain

• 929 posts
  • WLM ID:AirKevin747@yahoo.com
  • AIM Screen Name:AirKevin747
  • Yahoo ID:AirKevin747
787 all the way. Looks like a very large, roomy interior.

piercey

piercey

I heart Embraer!

• 1,375 posts
  • Yahoo ID:pierceyohio@sbcglobal.net
WTF IS THAT SH!T AIEBUS CALLS AN INTERIOR??????

I think their designers are to tired with the A350.

a

a

• 484 posts
  • WLM ID:ross_mcintosh1@hotmail.com
I like the shapes of the chairs on the Airbus but I don't know what happened to the rest of it.

VC-10

VC-10

• 706 posts
This has been discust on airliners.net a lot. The roof is an option (thank God!) and the seats look quite uncomfortable, but cool. Without th whacky roof then it would beat the 787 except for window size, the 787 has the best windows ever!

airline55

airline55

• 1,198 posts
I dunno, it all depends on how soft the seats are.

Scalpel4

Scalpel4

• 560 posts
  • WLM ID:scalpel4@hotmail.com
That airbus interior is crap. Looks like they hired some freak artist who went haywire after hitting 15 tabs of bad acid. I would stay away from that plane if I had a choice.

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts

Originally posted by Scalpel4
That airbus interior is crap. Looks like they hired some freak artist who went haywire after hitting 15 tabs of bad acid. I would stay away from that plane if I had a choice.

That overhead actually reminds me of some of the original backgrounds for the dreamliner artist renditions. ;)

Scalpel4

Scalpel4

• 560 posts
  • WLM ID:scalpel4@hotmail.com

Originally posted by drv4truk

That overhead actually reminds me of some of the original backgrounds for the dreamliner artist renditions. ;)

Looks like A. Boeing was smart enough to fire that guy, and B. Airbus is trying way too hard to copy Boeing. :P:D:P:D:P:D:P:D:P:D

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts

Looks like A. Boeing was smart enough to fire that guy, and B. Airbus is trying way too hard to copy Boeing. ;):P:P:D:P:D:P:D:P:D

:D Don't make me laugh too hard. "Copy" reminds me too much of the A350. An A330 with B787 engines. :):P:P

Atlantic_Air

Atlantic_Air

• 846 posts
i think both of them suck.

flyhegs

flyhegs

• 296 posts
  • WLM ID:mohamedmomtaz@hotmail.com
hey , no most of you forget a important part truth here
at first it seems that the B one is pic of a mockup (true pic) while the airbus one is clearly computer desgin nothing more .
2. Both are Buzniss class and not First ;)
3. in the seats , the B seats are real seats ,they are actually already used on many B777 , manufactured by BAE seating as far as i know . the Airbus ones are made in the PC , trying to make the A350 futuristic as possible , in the end they will have the same B787 seats with no difference . Maybe some of you need to remember how the B787 lokked like at the beginning . (seems that they are to ashamed to kepp them on their website ) remember the how the windows were put in a wave form ~~~~~ ? remember how the seats had no cushions ?
4. And now about the overhead , just for the information , Airbus was the first to offer coleurful interiors (A345/A346) wich change there coloer with the day , copied by Boeing on the B777LR/300ER and the B787 . The new overhead won't look like this , but maybe A will pionir putting "skies" on the overhead bins ? Who knows ?
5. The A350 is , dam it , not an A330 with Boeing engines . The engines were not designed by the Boeing , but by GE and RR for the B787 . However it seems that the A350 needs the sma etype of enignes ? Why then design new ones ? If you would take the cost , i would be very happy , but as u wouldn't then stop calling it copy ? And the A350 is very much different then the A330 . It has neerly the same dimensions but let us see .
1, new Wing
2, advanced fuselage (even wider the A330 in the cabin by 8 cm=3,25 inch
3, new engines
4, new tail , allowing 20 more seats .
5, new gears
6, new interiors and much more ,
while retaining commonality with A330 (for how , with retaining cockpit commonality , changing will be very easy , same size and having commonality for ingeniurs (90% different i know , but it works , i just don't know how to explain , sorry )) .

6. And why should the 787 be more comfortable o fly on then the 350 ? tell me what you think so that i can reply to you .

No doupt the B787 is a great plane , even likely a bit greater then the 350 due to completly new design , but the latter is as great es ever and has still many advanteges over the B , the B also has many over the A . Both will be succesful .

wdleiser

wdleiser

• 141 posts
  • WLM ID:starallia_ceo@yahoo.com
  • AIM Screen Name:dougleiser
OK all of you who say the A350 seats are going to be uncomfortable: Tell me the last time an airline used seats designed by an aircraft maker. Airlines get their seats from 3rd party companies. Those seats are merely mockups.

I do not understand how anyone can make an opinion on which aircraft will be more comfortable at this time.

Guest_Nathaniel_*

Guest_Nathaniel_*
  • Guests

Originally posted by wdleiser
OK all of you who say the A350 seats are going to be uncomfortable: Tell me the last time an airline used seats designed by an aircraft maker. Airlines get their seats from 3rd party companies. Those seats are merely mockups.

I do not understand how anyone can make an opinion on which aircraft will be more comfortable at this time.

good point..... it brings up the thing of: those that like boeing, will go with boeing, those that like airbus will go with airbus... there is no logic right now on saying which is more comfortable.

piercey

piercey

I heart Embraer!

• 1,375 posts
  • Yahoo ID:pierceyohio@sbcglobal.net
Nat: I could care less about B or A, and I'm not looking at the seats. The 787 has larger windows, better lighting, larger overhead bins, and looks much more realistic. The A350 looks like something from a little kids drawing ;)

Atlantic_Air

Atlantic_Air

• 846 posts
the airbus pic looked like it was taken in the dark, so that's why i don't think any of you like it (nor do i).

that's why i think it sucks, because of the ugly carpeting and seats (even though the seat thing was pointed out a little above)

Maybe some other airlines can make the airbus look nicer

flyhegs

flyhegs

• 296 posts
  • WLM ID:mohamedmomtaz@hotmail.com
Nat: I could care less about B or A, and I'm not looking at the seats. The 787 has larger windows, better lighting, larger overhead bins, and looks much more realistic. The A350 looks like something from a little kids drawing ;)

The A350 also has very large windows . personaly i think both types , A and B , are to big for a nice airliner . Better lighting ? why , Airbus has invented the lightning , Boeing copied it . A should also have more advanced lightning . Larger overhead bins ? The ones of the A350 aren't made yet . Looks realistic ? Of course it is a mock up . The A350 is a computer drawing . Wait for the A350 mockup . little kids drawing ? Please , haven't you seen the original B787 interior should like ? Read my post , pls .

And the carpeting gets changed too . For exampl LH uses a nice Blue one . Other airlines use other types .

Axis

Axis

• 72 posts
It looks like Airbus was running short on interior ideas since all the 1st class airbus designers are working hard on the A380, but that's my opinion.

CU_Buffs1985

CU_Buffs1985

• 38 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:TheThumb14410
Don't read too much into those pics as interior layout and fittings is the choice of the customer, not the manufacturers, so I doubt any in-service interior will have those same seats...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users