Resident Australian Arnimal

• 1,476 posts

User's Awards

Yes to  the fuse and no to the tail.

Oggey

Oggey

Disgusting, sick, and nasty member

• 1,006 posts

I can't say that i like it. The grey i like but the tail looks so out of place and the wierd flag-thingy right at the front is too much imo.  :|

12ca1c99cc.png

Oggey

Oggey

• 1,006 posts

But then again. I might just like this livery watching it twice  O_O

This is hard! :S

12ca1c99cc.png

Amadeus Inc.

Amadeus Inc.

Group CEO, Amadeus Inc.

• 355 posts

User's Awards

6    7    10    6    2   

Might not be a fan on first look but it will grow on you. The logo is okay, but the tail looks like a piano keys, and nothing on the winglet. It looks good on 77W though, but maybe more because the awesomeness of the aircraft. 

El Cobrador

El Cobrador

AE Know It All

• 146 posts

Yes to  the fuse and no to the tail.

I agree. 

Oggey

Oggey

• 1,006 posts

I decided, I love it :awesome:

12ca1c99cc.png

M.F. Ensembleson

M.F. Ensembleson

N717YX

• 1,101 posts

Agreed.  Tail on the smaller jets is somewhat terrifying, as is the tail in general, but it would look much better if it was on a larger aircraft than a smaller one.  The past American Airlines livery looked perfect on EVERYTHING.

"We do what we must, because we can."

Ensemble%20Holdings.png

Reintroducing Ensemble Holdings, commencing operations Summer 2014.

Airbus A320

Airbus A320

Flying Fanatic

• 116 posts

User's Awards

I am a big fan of the new logo and livery. All I can say is thank goodness they have removed that absolutely hideous old livery that made me want to puke. Well done American Airlines, you have finally made a livery that is worth looking at.

james767

james767

AE Know It All

• 175 posts

I like it

FlyingDutchman7

FlyingDutchman7

AE Player

• 39 posts
I like the look on the 777 (it would be amazing with bare metal finish, too bad that won't come), but I don't really like it on the (real) 737. That might be because of its small size and the strange, unique blob on its tail.

I actually like the tail design better than the fuselage.

But, do they really have the money for all this redesigning? This isn't AE...

Mobeer

Mobeer

AE Luver

• 325 posts

User's Awards

8       2    2   
Grey on the fuselage is a colour for an airforce, not an airline

QK Flight Industries

QK Flight Industries

a Wandering Guide to AE and Beyond

• 2,135 posts

Strongly dislike the path they took with their rebrand. Their new "eagle" looks like a stripe from afar, with no other distinguishing features. The tail of their livery, while representing the American culture, is also something I'd expect to find on a LCC and not a legacy carrier. However, it was carried off well, so it's currently a love hate situation. About the only thing I do like is the new font that they've chosen, and the fact that they are trying to stay close to their heritage by mimicking a bare aluminum surface with silver paint.

Overall... it's just a major, major disappointment.

16590230781_7cc5cf6013.jpg

Sig.png

AXUbLwK.png

It's really me, now. #backtoAE

Concagh98

Concagh98

CEO of BUA Group

• 145 posts
I fear a backlash on the scale of BA's awful "International" liveries. The old one was a classic, went on every aircraft.

Perhaps following the path of United, which merged with Continental and had to take their garish logo.

M4matthew

M4matthew

M4Matthew

• 673 posts

I've had to take leave of my hiatus to comment on this - I personally find this a far more interesting story than some fiery plastic pig.

I, for one, love the whole livery and slogan; "We're proud to bare the name American". Those tails, although look slightly out of place on their own, when placed side-by-side at a gate (where most passengers actually see them) look absolutely stunning. I was blown away by the AA CGI mock-up.

It'll be sad to see the old polished aluminium go - I always did love it, but I feel justice has been done to the new composite airframes.

I can't wait to fly on the new AA 77W this summer! :D

In reply to the Flying Dutchman, this is all part of their restructuring - the regulators wouldn't let AA spend any money they thought was unjustified.

n.x.w.m

n.x.w.m

taiwanball

• Data Collector
  • 2,061 posts

Strongly dislike the path they took with their rebrand. Their new "eagle" looks like a stripe from afar, with no other distinguishing features. The tail of their livery, while representing the American culture, is also something I'd expect to find on a LCC and not a legacy carrier. However, it was carried off well, so it's currently a love hate situation. About the only thing I do like is the new font that they've chosen, and the fact that they are trying to stay close to their heritage by mimicking a bare aluminum surface with silver paint.

Overall... it's just a major, major disappointment.

Completely agree. I kind of really hate this livery, just keep the old one so every time I take AA to some random place in the US, my eyes don't hurt. :P

cUDPatH.jpg

ContinentalAirlines

ContinentalAirlines

AE Player

• 49 posts

My inital reaction: "NOOO!!!!!!! Why are they changing it!!"

After I saw th CGI's: "This is actually really nice."

Overall, they did a good job with the livery and logo. It'll take some time to get used to but it really looks nice. I especially the tail. Imagine being at a american airlines hub and just looking outside to row of tails with that livery on it, that would look amazing!!

An E.jpg lite Alliance member

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts
http://www.airline-e...airlines-787-8/ :whistling:

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

LLC

LLC

AE Luver

• 461 posts

This is short term until US Airways can buy them out (The 'American' name will not survive)

Put a fork in American, they are done as a independent airline ! 

Take a Look at American Airlines' New Colors
business-news.thestreet.com dallas morning news story take a look at american airlines new-colors

3544890.jpg
AMR_US_AIRWAYS_24938095.JPG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users