• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

the DOC

the DOC

AE King

• 1,845 posts

User's Awards

2    3    4    3      
Will there be aircraft leasing companies in AE 4? I'm just wondering because a huge proportion of the world fleet is owned by leasing companies (GECAS, Avolon...) so if these companies were brought into AE it would make the game even more realistic.

KJS607

KJS607

The O.G. Savage

• 3,860 posts

User's Awards

6       3   

You will be able to lease intra-airlines although I am not sure that there will be leasing companies ready in-game, maybe just rely on a few people to designate their airline as a leasing company?

msg-1341-0-50048700-1680446869_thumb.png

I did a thing: thetravelsavage.com

FlyAirwest

FlyAirwest

AE Addict To-Be

• 18 posts

In an ideal world, AE4+ would have the option for users to choose the type of company they want to create - i.e., airline, aircraft leasing company, aircraft manufacturer, airport operator, catering/airline support, etc. - and represent different aspects of the aviation world.

It'd be fantastic to sign up as an aircraft builder where you would have to design and build specific types of airliner - do you sacrifice range for carrying capacity? How cheaply can you make your airplanes without compromising build quality and jacking up maintenance costs and failure rates? Etc.

The trouble to me with airline manager sims is that currently all of those pieces are run by AI and consequently create a very predictable system which leads to stuff like ScamIFS and airline managers creating thousands of wholly unrealistic routes. If you had to negotiate with user-run companies to establish gates and terminals at airports, receive terminal service, and even buy or lease aircraft, it would exponentially increase the diversity of player experience and make the in-game world far more realistic and challenging.

That all said, the time and effort and cost to build something that intricate would be tremendous.

Airwest - Fly with the Yellowtails!

LLC

LLC

AE Luver

• 461 posts

In an ideal world, AE4+ would have the option for users to choose the type of company they want to create - i.e., airline, aircraft leasing company, aircraft manufacturer, airport operator, catering/airline support, etc. - and represent different aspects of the aviation world.

It'd be fantastic to sign up as an aircraft builder where you would have to design and build specific types of airliner - do you sacrifice range for carrying capacity? How cheaply can you make your airplanes without compromising build quality and jacking up maintenance costs and failure rates? Etc.

The trouble to me with airline manager sims is that currently all of those pieces are run by AI and consequently create a very predictable system which leads to stuff like ScamIFS and airline managers creating thousands of wholly unrealistic routes. If you had to negotiate with user-run companies to establish gates and terminals at airports, receive terminal service, and even buy or lease aircraft, it would exponentially increase the diversity of player experience and make the in-game world far more realistic and challenging.

That all said, the time and effort and cost to build something that intricate would be tremendous.

No, I like AE it the way it is now (with some version 3.2 tweaks to improve gameplay)

Northern

Northern

Data Collector

• Data Collector
  • 1,623 posts

User's Awards

2    2    4   

What though >_> AE isn't sims? In AE4 your most likely only to be able an airline or a leader, not Boeing or a catering company :/ AE4 wouldn't be designed like that :/ js

banner_signature_northern.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: AE 4.0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users