Photo

Basel is not in France!

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

mmoscoso

mmoscoso

• 7 posts
Hey, anyone can tell me why Basel Airport, which was in Switzerland, is now in France? I think this is not correct. Thanks.

Will101

Will101

Only Teardrops

• 1,683 posts
The airport is in France, the city in Switzerland. I think, or that might be Geneva, or in fact both :P
Edit: Geneva is in Switzerland, just about :P Basel airport is across the border in France :P

Keyelem

Keyelem

I happen to be Dutch.. I also happen to be a Data Collector...

• Data Collector
  • 192 posts
It's not Basel airport but EuroAirport Basel-Mulhouse-Freiburg
If you zoom in on the map you will see that the airport is located in France.

eu30cUI.png

mxax-ai

mxax-ai

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 585 posts

User's Awards

3    3      
BSL is on French territory but can be accessed from Switzerland practically without a border. I don't know in which country it is located in AE, but imo it should belong to both France and Switzerland.

mmoscoso

mmoscoso

• 7 posts
Thank you for your comments. Actually, BSL was located in Switzerland until yesterday! Now is located in France. I agree, it should be consider in both countries or, at least, it shouldn't have been changed in the middle of a world!

Keyelem

Keyelem

I happen to be Dutch.. I also happen to be a Data Collector...

• Data Collector
  • 192 posts

BSL is on French territory but can be accessed from Switzerland practically without a border. I don't know in which country it is located in AE, but imo it should belong to both France and Switzerland.

The reason why BSL can easily be accessed from Switzerland is because both France and Switzerland signed the Schengen Agreement, so the border between these two countries is open.

Thank you for your comments. Actually, BSL was located in Switzerland until yesterday! Now is located in France. I agree, it should be consider in both countries or, at least, it shouldn't have been changed in the middle of a world!

As far as I know sharing airports between countries isn't possible at AE, at least for the time being.
It's also inevitable that data changes like this one affect worlds, since there are always worlds running ;)

eu30cUI.png

Sheepy

Sheepy

N/A

• 1,935 posts

User's Awards

Methinks that Basel needs to be put in a separate country, and then fully open rights from each need to be given to both French and Swiss airlines.

Swiss airlines can operate LH flights, I believe, from BSL. Hence it should be available to them. By placing Basel in "BaselMulhouseLand", much fairer.

Administrator of UnitedSkies alliance

and also a member of some other ones, but they're 2vip4u

mxax-ai

mxax-ai

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 585 posts

User's Awards

3    3      
Yes, today the border is open due to shengen, but there is also an agreement between france and switzerland to manage that.
Sheepy's idea actually doesn't sound too bad.

mmoscoso

mmoscoso

• 7 posts
Well, thanks. I hope they do what The Sheep says. All the best!

Mobeer

Mobeer

AE Luver

• 325 posts

User's Awards

8       2    2   
See also this bug entry
http://www.airline-e...rt-nationality/

We need MLH and BSL airports both modelled as separate places in AE, maybe 1 mile apart?

ar157

ar157

Resident Australian Arnimal

• 1,476 posts

User's Awards

How about make it EAP, seeing as that's the international code.

mmoscoso

mmoscoso

• 7 posts

See also this bug entry

We need MLH and BSL airports both modelled as separate places in AE, maybe 1 mile apart?

Totally agree.

ar157

ar157

Resident Australian Arnimal

• 1,476 posts

User's Awards

See also this bug entry

doesn't that effectively double pax numbers ex BSL/MLH/EAP? you'd have say FRA-MLH and FRA-BSL. while technically 1 airport, it's 2 routes.

mmoscoso

mmoscoso

• 7 posts
Well, it looks that AE managers are not planning to do something about this...

Sheepy

Sheepy

N/A

• 1,935 posts

User's Awards

Seems like it. I mean, it shouldn't really be hard to fix...

Administrator of UnitedSkies alliance

and also a member of some other ones, but they're 2vip4u

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users