Photo

Attention finger pointers!

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
44 replies to this topic

velvetine

velvetine

• 81 posts
This is Travelynn and the airline that sold Australis the Q300 at half price.

Let me give you some background.

Before the game got reset, I was a player and an Airline Broker. Australis was my biggest customer but I can assure he didn't get my planes at half price or below value. In fact, he offered to pay me between 2.5m - 10m above value (depending on the plane), which I thought were reasonable and accepted it.

In this version, my order for the Q300 was screwed up and I ended up with two Q300s. I informed Maestro, in his capacity as a Moderator, about my duplicate order and about my concern that some anal whiner was going to accuse me of cheating. He assured me that it was a bug that had been around since Version 1 and that I was not going to get into trouble for it.

I then offered them to Maestro at half price as he gave great advice and tried to help me out and also he is my Alliance mate. He never asked me for it. It was at half price because the sales would just about cover my debts and that was great because I didn't want to leave the game in the red. And why should I ask for more since I would not be using it as I am leaving? And if half-priced planes are not allowed to be sold private or otherwise, why give that option?

I have a life outside AE. It was great to see my airline value go up to above $5 billion in the last version and this is an interesting absorbing game but gotta get my priorities straight : my family, community and work are more important.

Rainshine, in your opening post, you have indicated your displeasure at having Australis jump ahead of you. You then started practising your Bitchcraft and organised a witch-hunt. Now you are number 2. Suspicious, I'd say.

Are you pissed off because I didn't offer the planes to you at half price because we are alliance members? And if I did, would YOU reject it or think that it is a good business decision to accept?

Santanu: I direct the same question to you. Would you accept or reject my offer to you of half priced Q300s because we are alliance members? Or would you walk away. Till now, you haven't revealed your airline name. Too afraid you'd get caught if digging is done into your airline?

There is a reason why Maestro was appointed a Moderator by Miller and he has shown me qualities of honesty and integrity which more than what I can say for the finger-pointers. Give Miller some credit in his choice. And remember, for that one finger that is pointing at others, there are 3 more pointing back.

Yesthatsme

Yesthatsme

• 461 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:Luxemburgman
thanks for coming out and telling us

rocksandfossils

rocksandfossils

Banned

• 257 posts
excellent points.

caro

caro

• 43 posts
Finally the truth comes out. And as always the explanation is simple. Still someone paid a high price.

I do have a tip if this situation arises again. Since the involved members / players are all part of the same alliance (really? wow), why not have proposed an auction for both Q300s to all alliance members with a starting price @ 50% value? No more alliance member preference. And all this mess would have never existed.

As for Maestro, I sure hope to see him rise again. He did help me too in the last version.

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
Im glad Velvetine posted this, so people understand this situation.

Caro, did i help u?? I cant seem to remember!! lol

Oh and i planned to be back in the Top 10... :P

santanu

santanu

• 90 posts

In this version, my order for the Q300 was screwed up and I ended up with two Q300s. I informed Maestro, in his capacity as a Moderator, about my duplicate order and about my concern that some anal whiner was going to accuse me of cheating. He assured me that it was a bug that had been around since Version 1 and that I was not going to get into trouble for it.

I then offered them to Maestro at half price as he gave great advice and tried to help me out and also he is my Alliance mate. He never asked me for it. It was at half price because the sales would just about cover my debts and that was great because I didn't want to leave the game in the red. And why should I ask for more since I would not be using it as I am leaving? And if half-priced planes are not allowed to be sold private or otherwise, why give that option?

If you made a genuine mistake why did you offer at half price??? There is no aircraft broker modelled in this game yet so selling anything below the purchase price of a new aircraft is a loss. What percieved advantage did you get other than helping out a "moderator" What do you mean leaving the game in red?? Never heard of a lamer excuse, when you leave the game you declare bankruptcy, whether you had +1 billion or -1 billion it does not matter!!!

If you got to know australis because you were in trouble and needed a moderators help and the forum moderator used that knowledge to gain an advantage in the game then its definitely cheating and a worst form of cheating. In real life thats called insider trading. By virtue of his position he had knowledge (in this case your trouble and your desire to quit) which he used to his advantage. Good folks would have advised you to put it up in the market or better still mothball and declare bankruptcy!

Its like Miller's wife/girlfriend playing this game. She would know exactly the high paying routes, most efficient aircraft etc. and if she were to take advantage of those knowledge because of her proximity to Miller, that would be insider trading-an unfair advantage vis-a-vis others.

So in conclusion...

1. Your execuses don't fly. You should have mothballed or atleast the moderator should have advised you that.

2. Or atleast the moderator should have advised you to go to the open market and sale.

Donating away 2 Q300s so early in the game is a big, very big unfair advantage!!!

Forget about what I would have done in the same situation-I am not the moral torch bearer of the world-what you and Maestro did, we are talking about that-and the bottomline is both of you connived to give maestro an very big unfair advantage-almost a 2 week advantage so early in the game. When the muck settles down I hope you relaize that.

So while your story is long...I am sorry it does not cut any ice!!

watchdog

watchdog

Senior AE Manager

• 534 posts
[quote]Originally posted by santanu
[quote]

If you made a genuine mistake why did you offer at half price???

So in conclusion...

1. Your execuses don't fly. You should have mothballed or atleast the moderator should have advised you that.

2. Or atleast the moderator should have advised you to go to the open market and sale.

Donating away 2 Q300s so early in the game is a big, very big unfair advantage!!!

So while your story is long...I am sorry it does not cut any ice!! [/quote]

It is so simple to understand.

The WATCHDOG will say again.

The game is still young in this stage of the reset, having ALL Players on Equal terms makes for ENJOYABLE play.

Unfair advantage makes it BITTER for others.

santanu

santanu

• 90 posts
Please understand this is only a game nothing happens if you do things unfairly but having a good value system early on life helps later.

In this world there is a very good axiom. Don't know if you know that. Its called, those who make the rules don't play the game. Like the judge cannot be a lawyer at the same time. The auditor cannot be accountant in the same company. The SEC employee cannot buy shares and so on.

This axiom in real life was made just to avoid what maestro did here in AE.

AeroLinear

AeroLinear

• 400 posts
  • WLM ID:foreignis@yahoo.com
  • AIM Screen Name:ForeignWas
I don't like to resort to petty insults, but by virtue of the obvious repitition of your seemingly intelligent yet (in the end) plain condescending comments, all I can conclude is that you're dumb.

Good Luck Australis.

[Edited on 9/29/2005 by AeroLinear]

One additional thought... am I the only one who doesn't even WANT to be #1 right now? Seems like whoever gets up there immediately says hello to the axe.

[Edited on 9/29/2005 by AeroLinear]

Maestro69

Maestro69

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
AeroLinear, i prefer been No.1 than been Santanu and not been able to name my airline, due to fear and been scared...

Santanu, u obviously dont know what friends are and thus, u wouldnt understand this situation in reality. Im sorry to say this, but ur arrogance and immaturity has taken u beyond the point of no return and u are persisting with a topic already discuss about and one where u havent been even able to explain urself accordingly and it is more than obvious, u have and had a personal agenda against me to get me rid of the No.1 position in the AE rankings...

U can say all u wish, about ur accounting skills, real life business practices and ur morals, which u hold dearly, but at the end of the day, u merely are using speculation as a source to talk about me and my cheating ways... If i was u, i'll would try and not refer to this issue ever again.. most of ur posts have been against me and my airline and that says alot about ur character...

Nothing more to add....

[Edited on 29-9-05 by Maestro69]

AeroLinear

AeroLinear

• 400 posts

Originally posted by Maestro69
AeroLinear, i prefer been No.1 than been Santanu and not been able to name my airline, due to fear and been scared...

haha very true. rather face the axe than face nothing and nobody as a man at all

santanu

santanu

• 90 posts

Lets such say i got a $40 mil fine for inproper selling and buying of aircraft

You see nobody fined me! And this issue was dead for me too till your "friend" put on the not so convincing post and asked me a question. My posts are in reply to that.

I love aussies, believe me!

[Edited on 9/29/2005 by santanu]

Maestro69

Maestro69

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
Santanu.. name ur airline once and for all... i'll fine out sooner or later, just dont prolong ur anogy any longer.....

I was fined, true, but ur going down with ur airline and dont expect me to be compassionate about it becuase i'll be the first one to say see you later....

watchdog

watchdog

Senior AE Manager

• 534 posts

Santanu, u obviously dont know what friends are and thus, u wouldnt understand this situation in reality. Im sorry to say this, but ur arrogance and immaturity has taken u beyond the point of no return and u are persisting with a topic already discuss about and one where u havent been even able to explain urself accordingly and it is more than obvious, u have and had a personal agenda against me to get me rid of the No.1 position in the AE rankings...

U can say all u wish, about ur accounting skills, real life business practices and ur morals, which u hold dearly, but at the end of the day, u merely are using speculation as a source to talk about me and my cheating ways... If i was u, i'll would try and not refer to this issue ever again.. most of ur posts have been against me and my airline and that says alot about ur character...

Nothing more to add....

[Edited on 29-9-05 by Maestro69]

Maestro - Why did you just say this?

Originally posted by Maestro69 talk about me and my cheating ways...

Do you now admit that your a cheater?

AeroLinear

AeroLinear

• 400 posts
I believe he was employing a bit of sarcasm.

Maestro69

Maestro69

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
I have an opinion and im free to state it here on the forums... that is my opinion on Santanu and all his previous posts in relation to this issue.

And as AeroLinear said, that was sarcasm, as obviously u havent been able to figure that out. I never admitted to cheating, but have as a man, stated the facts in relation to the Q300 in another thread, which more than i can say for some around here, who rather not say anything and pretend nothing happen... I like to be honest with everyone and let them know the facts and make their own opinion. Thats all...

watchdog

watchdog

Senior AE Manager

• 534 posts

I have an opinion and im free to state it here on the forums... that is my opinion on Santanu and all his previous posts in relation to this issue.

And as AeroLinear said, that was sarcasm, as obviously u havent been able to figure that out. I never admitted to cheating, but have as a man, stated the facts in relation to the Q300 in another thread, which more than i can say for some around here, who rather not say anything and pretend nothing happen... I like to be honest with everyone and let them know the facts and make their own opinion. Thats all...

Full Marks - Spoken like a TRUE Man 10/10

AeroLinear

AeroLinear

• 400 posts
It's all kind of a moot point by now anyways. If anyone had reason to complain still it would be Maestro, and I don't see him bringing things up over and over so let's just move on :P

piercey

piercey

I heart Embraer!

• 1,375 posts
  • Yahoo ID:pierceyohio@sbcglobal.net

What percieved advantage did you get other than helping out a "moderator"

MODS ONLY RUN THE FOURMS!!!!!!

HOW @#$%& HARD IS THAT TO COMPREHEND!!!!!!!

It's been talked about to death. Maestro and all other mods only have control over forums, not the game. That's a huge BS accusation.

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts
No kidding Piercey. Notice that all he does is keep driveling on about the same thing? He can't even tell us what his airline name is. Why bother responding to any of his further pointless posts?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users