Photo

Player cheating / using bug ???

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

QK Flight Industries

QK Flight Industries

a Wandering Guide to AE and Beyond

• 2,135 posts

Whatever floats your boat. Evidence you calculate can be provided to the mods if the issue needs to be escalated.

16590230781_7cc5cf6013.jpg

Sig.png

AXUbLwK.png

It's really me, now. #backtoAE

iquit

iquit

AE Luver

• 296 posts

User's Awards

6       3    7   

IMHO, all its aircraft should be scrapped instead of auctioned when an airline cease operation.

the DOC

the DOC

AE King

• 1,845 posts

User's Awards

2    3    4    3      

IMHO, all its aircraft should be scrapped instead of auctioned when an airline cease operation.

That world finished ages ago..

the DOC

the DOC

AE King

• 1,845 posts

User's Awards

2    3    4    3      

if the world is now finished, do peoplle actualy want me to look at the numbers, or to look at a newer case if the same player seems to be doing too well again?

That player is inactive (40driveway is their name) but if you do want to look at the numbers it'll help stamp out this problem in the figure

Syllei'Anor

Syllei'Anor

AE Player

• 56 posts
ok, but i will also need a list of there gates, and hubs to get a more realistic estimat of the money needed.

the DOC

the DOC

AE King

• 1,845 posts

User's Awards

2    3    4    3      
I remember them having well over 100 hubs each. Even 300 between them :/

Syllei'Anor

Syllei'Anor

AE Player

• 56 posts

ok, but i need a list of were they were, given there are airports were you could have a 100gate hub, and only bye spending 5k on the monthly gate lease cost, there are airports were you could have that size a terminal, and only spend 200 on gate leasing costs. Admitedly no one would want a hub in touse airports, as they are too small, but this is just to show why i need to know the exact airports, and how many gates at them, and wich were hubs.

the DOC

the DOC

AE King

• 1,845 posts

User's Awards

2    3    4    3      
If you ask Yuxi he may perhaps have some sort of backups and may have some information but I have no more :/

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

really, i think it's possible, I'm on my 2nd year and having more than 800 aircraft, and i don't play 24/7, but used aircraft does really help, in the 4th/5th year, usually lots of aircraft pile up in used aircraft section because most major player already finishing established their routes so nobody bought any used plane anymore, usually in the 5th years or more, you can bought up to 100 aircraft (from different type) in 1 single transaction, so it's like 2000 aircraft per year

Slider

Slider

Slider

• 89 posts
you don' have to cheat in AE to quickly become #1 & growing...within hours of my entering a world, I'm the #1 airline. yet i've not made it through a whole year before becoming totally bored.

the "trick" is simple. exploit a massive pricing bug that hasn't been corrected/addressed in the current version....while we all wait for the next ice-age which will immediately be followed by the new rev of AE. Ingredients to being #1 immediately & having more $$$ than you know what to do with...

1) Get rid of the Gates in your start-up city that are going unused.
2) Issue three bonds. 2 for $5mil & 1 for $2mil...don't go higher or you will be restricted on # of planes you can lease before you become wildly profitable.
3) Set up "scam ife". 
4) Order (lease) new aircraft....but mix-it-up...order like 2 727, 2 737, & 2 DC-9 (this was the 80's world & I was "Aloft" before I bankrupted)...if you have any excess money, buy another type of plane....different manufacturers means a constant flow of new planes.
5) THE BIGGIE. SET YOUR ROUTES UP & ON SOMETHING LIKE DFW-SFO INSTEAD OF USING THE PRE-DEFINED PRICING....YOU CAN BOUNCE IT UP TO $2,424 IN "C" & $1,125 IN "Y". SCHEDULE ONLY 7 FLIGHTS & THEN PICK ANOTHER ROUTE LIKE SFO-IAH AND DO THE SAME THING.
6) Lower all pay wages to $7. Keep monitoring this & layoff employees when you have more than the bare requirement needed.
7) When logging on, go to your "routes" page and make certain your at 100% capacity. If not find the route where you will be at like 0% and kill the route....AVOID ALL COMPETITION...when you have tons of money, then you can compete...but select routes that still need capacity. Or you can decide mess with your competitors & add an abundance of flights to their routes in order to push the pricing down...don't worry, you will have so much money it won't matter.

So, that is the way to play...or at least take advantage of a dopey bug that has gone unfixed & allows you to totally over price every route at the start. 

Pineair

Pineair

AE Luver

• 474 posts

User's Awards

10    16    12       9   

you don' have to cheat in AE to quickly become #1 & growing...within hours of my entering a world, I'm the #1 airline. yet i've not made it through a whole year before becoming totally bored.

the "trick" is simple. exploit a massive pricing bug that hasn't been corrected/addressed in the current version....while we all wait for the next ice-age which will immediately be followed by the new rev of AE. Ingredients to being #1 immediately & having more $$$ than you know what to do with...

1) Get rid of the Gates in your start-up city that are going unused.
2) Issue three bonds. 2 for $5mil & 1 for $2mil...don't go higher or you will be restricted on # of planes you can lease before you become wildly profitable.
3) Set up "scam ife". 
4) Order (lease) new aircraft....but mix-it-up...order like 2 727, 2 737, & 2 DC-9 (this was the 80's world & I was "Aloft" before I bankrupted)...if you have any excess money, buy another type of plane....different manufacturers means a constant flow of new planes.
5) THE BIGGIE. SET YOUR ROUTES UP & ON SOMETHING LIKE DFW-SFO INSTEAD OF USING THE PRE-DEFINED PRICING....YOU CAN BOUNCE IT UP TO $2,424 IN "C" & $1,125 IN "Y". SCHEDULE ONLY 7 FLIGHTS & THEN PICK ANOTHER ROUTE LIKE SFO-IAH AND DO THE SAME THING.
6) Lower all pay wages to $7. Keep monitoring this & layoff employees when you have more than the bare requirement needed.
7) When logging on, go to your "routes" page and make certain your at 100% capacity. If not find the route where you will be at like 0% and kill the route....AVOID ALL COMPETITION...when you have tons of money, then you can compete...but select routes that still need capacity. Or you can decide mess with your competitors & add an abundance of flights to their routes in order to push the pricing down...don't worry, you will have so much money it won't matter.

So, that is the way to play...or at least take advantage of a dopey bug that has gone unfixed & allows you to totally over price every route at the start.

. SAD!

Slider

Slider

Slider

• 89 posts

Revealing,"fair", and indeed "sad"....but AE "sad".

QK Flight Industries

QK Flight Industries

a Wandering Guide to AE and Beyond

• 2,135 posts

Spoiler

If you choose to play the game in the most relatively simplistic manner and look for the loopholes by using relatively dubious measures, then go on. Find something better to suit your needs.

I'm fairly sure that the majority of players are happy with setting up an airline the normal way, without exploiting "bugs".

In addition, you can always report what you think may be bugs to the developer: Issue Tracker

Needless to say, disclosing a "cheat" but like this is annoying at best, and downright harmful at worst (by encouraging others to take advantage of a loophole.

16590230781_7cc5cf6013.jpg

Sig.png

AXUbLwK.png

It's really me, now. #backtoAE

iquit

iquit

AE Luver

• 296 posts

User's Awards

6       3    7   

It may not be as effective as you think, at least he hasn't finish a game with this (unless he uses another account to do it).

He may claim he's bored, but the fact is he can't keep it up until the end.

Slider

Slider

Slider

• 89 posts

to the contrary. difficult not to become extremely bored when valuation is equal to all the other top 10 airlines combined & growing. the only intrigue is "why doesn't any other player just go on the extreme offensive & duplicate all of my routes"

If you choose to play the game in the most relatively simplistic manner and look for the loopholes by using relatively dubious measures, then go on. Find something better to suit your needs.

I'm fairly sure that the majority of players are happy with setting up an airline the normal way, without exploiting "bugs".

In addition, you can always report what you think may be bugs to the developer: Issue Tracker

Needless to say, disclosing a "cheat" but like this is annoying at best, and downright harmful at worst (by encouraging others to take advantage of a loophole.

chose to play (via a specific method)? LOOK for loopholes by USING dubious measures? I don't "chose" to play via this specific method, it is the only logical way to play due to AE being riddled w/ "bugs". Check out my other postings---I think when I discovered this pricing bug, I immediately posted a "serious pricing flaw"...I was hardly looking for a "loophole" (how is it a loophole if it exists, can be exploited, not considered a "cheat" by the rules of the game, yet Yuxi etc "chose" not to address it)....that "pricing flaw" posting I MADE got responses like it will be fixed in next ver (of course that was about a year+ ago). unwise to be "certain" of anything...my OPINION would be that players enjoy creating airlines, yet want them to be as successful as possible which equates to a "trophy" @ the end of the world, thus they will utilize every advantage to make that happen. issue tracker? it has been reported & brushed off. nowhere do i say "cheat"---'cause it ain't been deemed a "cheat"---i use the word "trick". why would it be annoying to disclose this in full? "harmful" is a bit extreme of a word...i'm not encouraging any player, i'm advising them to the reality of "fair play" that is not known to everybody...does that not "even the playing field"? only folks i'm encouraging are yuxi & developers...the next rev of AE will roll-out when it rolls-out...meanwhile the current rev, keeps living on & being re-set. fixes like aircraft speed, or dates for entry into service are addressed....but Yuxi etc have never given a lucid response as to why this bug can't be addressed...if it is way too time consuming to re-code, etc then so be it....yet a response on some level as to why it ain't been addressed isn't an out-of-this-AE World request/question.

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

I don't "chose" to play via this specific method, it is the only logical way to play due to AE being riddled w/ "bugs".

But you don't have to exploit those bugs, so it would then logically follow that you're choosing to play in that style. (There's an entire book on ethics with passages that discusses choice that you can reference). 

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

Hake.

Hake.

Too Old For All This Jazz

• 4,295 posts
  • Skype Name:billfoster123

User's Awards

OK, Zing? I have a revelation for you as to why you get bored with your airlines so quickly. They are not 'fun' airlines. Some players play for trophies, some like to copy irl airlines, some invent their own airline just to watch it grow, some like rural airlines with 1 Britten Norman Islander. You only play to win. What's the joy in winning with an airline you are not passionate about? A little suggestion for you; mix up your airlines! If you want a trophy, try and get great reputation for 2 trophies, I don't care. If you want an airline you're passionate about, make a reasonable airline with frequent flights, mediocre service, happy workers and a few different plane types.

Captain Wilkinson

Captain Wilkinson

Professional Pigeon

• 132 posts

User's Awards

I can't see how you can say that he isn't cheating or something. You only get that number of AC on the used market when the airliner is OOP.

5APK59i_zps4d270182.png

Slider

Slider

Slider

• 89 posts

@Aristotle: Your point is intriguing. Purely by choosing to play, your making a choice. However, is it not fair to all players to be wise of the "choices" they can make predicated upon the inherent bugs contained in the present day iteration of AE? Ethically speaking, is it not unfair to a player who is unaware of the bugs yet yearns for a trophy to be aware of what they can "fairly" do to potentially achieve this goal?

@Hakey: Perhaps the most lucid and intelligent comment I have ever read on the AE website. Thank you. Your correct...no passion equates to no joy equates to Chap 11 inside of 1 year. Which in turn makes the "point pointless" for starting play in a new world when it is re-set. Again, what a terrific comment!!

@Capt Wilkerson: Check out the "rules". ALL THAT YUXI NEED DO IS TO ADD A RULE...ANY PLAYER WHO TAKES ADVANTAGE OF A KNOWN "BUG" THAT HAS BEEN REPORTED SUCH AS THE PRICING "BUG" OR SCAM IFE OR PAYING UNIVERSAL $7 HOURLY SALARIES WILL BE DISQUALIFIED. Until that time, it ain't cheating.

Thanks again Hakey!

Hake.

Hake.

Too Old For All This Jazz

• 4,295 posts
  • Skype Name:billfoster123

User's Awards

Well, I believe it is more that the software needs to figure this out, so we need to wait for AE4 and new software.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users