Player cheating / using bug ???

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Exodus

Exodus

Calculator

• 48 posts

User's Awards

I started a new airline on R1. The world is now in its 5th year and when looking at the rankings, something struck me ...

Attached File  Schermafbeelding 2012-10-03 om 17.14.54.png   197.36KB   12 downloads

So this player has 2 airlines with both over 1400 aircraft. My first idea was that he bought the extra aircraft as used aircraft, but when you look at one aircraft, for example the Douglas DC-7, you just see that these numbers can't be right ...

Attached File  Schermafbeelding 2012-10-03 om 17.15.15.png   79.06KB   10 downloadsAttached File  Schermafbeelding 2012-10-03 om 17.15.36.png   74.11KB   4 downloads

This player has got over 400 Douglas DC-7's in less then 4 years ... This number really stands out when you look at the top 5 operators of this type ...

Attached File  Schermafbeelding 2012-10-03 om 17.16.32.png   14KB   5 downloads

That's just the DC-7. If you look at the number of 707's, L-1649's and Vickers 810's, you can see these aren't right. The orderbook for these planes has always been full for my airline, so I have had continuous deliveries and I have about 25% of the number that this player has.

Obviously something is very wrong here !
Always aim high !

Jens Bonde

Jens Bonde

AE Addict To-Be

• 24 posts
I wouldnt necessarily say it's a cheat. I'm 4th on that list (Saturn Express), and from my experience, I can say that if you are really really quick (damn im revealing my little trick..), you can most often buy a used plane on the market the instant the game changes dates.. When I talk really quick, i'm saying that you need to refresh the page once per second, because they are there for exactly a few seconds only (before this dude or someone else buy them).

E.g. At exactly 00, 20, 40 mins past an hour, you check the market and buy a plane. These come from bankrupted airlines, lease expired etc etc.

I have experienced that when i do see the planes and are about to buy, then the plane suddenly is unavailable because someone is quicker... we are talking a click or two faster.

That's why i'm up there on the list, no way you will reach these numbers with ordinary leasing. I've actually managed to purchase several planes from members becoming inactive in my own alliance this way :P

So... conclusion is that no cheat in my eyes, but an extremely hard-core addicted player with little time to do something else player on the top. Try it yourself ;)

Will101

Will101

Only Teardrops

• 1,683 posts
i'm always scouring the used market and the only time i've found this to even close too effective is in R0 when i got 20 737-200advs before everyone else

Jens Bonde

Jens Bonde

AE Addict To-Be

• 24 posts
True, most times you will only find 1-5 planes on the market for the few seconds. Once though, I found about 20-30 on (DC6,7, Vickers), where i managed to buy 10-15 myself. It was like winning the lottery :) Anyways, cumulatively you will get tons of airplanes using this trick.

My guess is that the top 2 companies there is run by the same player who changes between them to balance their strengths. I believe they deal respectively with east coast/europe and west-coast/asia markets. Clever division, but damn this guy (or girl) has alooot of time at hand! :D

Exodus

Exodus

Calculator

• 48 posts

User's Awards

You're not telling me this is only by buying used planes ...
The 707 has been available for less than 2 years and only one is delivered every 3 weeks. Both his airlines already have about 80 !
If you seriously believe this is by buying used planes then I'm afraid I have some bad news for you ...
Always aim high !

Nexus8

Nexus8

Football Wingback

• 2,389 posts

User's Awards

Saturn Exodus is correct there are a lot that get put on the market but the numbers don't add up to that extreme.

Signature%203.png

Mobeer

Mobeer

AE Luver

• 325 posts

User's Awards

8       2    2   
150 new DC7 for Catastrophic Airways in about 4 months game time?
Looks highly suspicious

Will101

Will101

Only Teardrops

• 1,683 posts
I agree. I've got a constant stream of starliners coming in and i've had them from the beginning (air south africa) their not on the largest operators list, i don't think people have done this just off the used market

Ioh

Ioh

Baaauussss

• 1,649 posts
He looks too big to fail :/

ADWAM.png

Nexus8

Nexus8

Football Wingback

• 2,389 posts

User's Awards

Ioh is right he just makes it easier to catch him.

Signature%203.png

Arun12

Arun12

• 1 posts
How much money do you need to do this?

Will101

Will101

Only Teardrops

• 1,683 posts
its not really about the money but mainly about the fact they got over 1,500 aircraft in the first couple game years

channy_thegreat

channy_thegreat

AE Player

• 98 posts

Look, leasing tricks at :00, :20 or :40 is a cool trick and something completely within the rules of the game. Neato for you. 

However, do not tell me that you have that amount of time, commitment and luck to snag 1500 planes in 4-5 years of a game. 

Not to mention that these same world leaders are constantly leading almost every world. 

It HAS to be cheating, at least to some extent to get a GIANT jumpstart on the growth curve, thus allowing them to fly very popular routes against smaller airlines, granting them insane profits to then grow exponentially. 

Bottomline, it is cheating. We poor souls don't know how they do it though  :/

jusku

jusku

AE Player

• 31 posts

Please tell me how are they supposed to be cheating?

Another example: I had about twenty Boeing 787-8, someone dumped about 10 on the used marked and I was lucky enough to pick them up. Happened twice to me, so I was ahead of everyone by about 15. Now somebody else is ahead of me by about 20. This just how it goes. I haven't played all weekend, so other player were lucky enough to pick up Boeing 787-8 from the used marked.

I guess this will always be a topic of here...

Just search "cheating" in all forums...all together more than 100 comments on this issue...

channy_thegreat

channy_thegreat

AE Player

• 98 posts

It's not about grabbing planes off the used market in a mature game with capital rich airlines. It is the fact that these airlines grow to 1500 planes in the first four years.

The beginning years of a world have little or no used market. And even if the used market was full of planes at the world beginning the airlines should not have the billions in capital needed to acquire them. 

They are using the tab cheat or some other more effective method. It's beyond obvious.

channy_thegreat

channy_thegreat

AE Player

• 98 posts

Someone is le jealous.

Nope. I never aim to win a game. I pick a location and strategy and try to build an airline how I desire. Couldn't care less about rankings. 

Syllei'Anor

Syllei'Anor

AE Player

• 56 posts

i am going to do the maths so we can resolve this matter now, it should be done some time this week.

the DOC

the DOC

AE King

• 1,845 posts

User's Awards

2    3    4    3      

Yes this world only ended a few months ago :P but it is interesting.  For a long time I was 3rd in that world (behind the ultra-spams in question in this topic) and was about a tenth of their size

the DOC

the DOC

AE King

• 1,845 posts

User's Awards

2    3    4    3      

He looks too big to fail :/

I always thought that too but then again, both airlines finished at the bottom of the ranks XD !!

Syllei'Anor

Syllei'Anor

AE Player

• 56 posts

if the world is now finished, do peoplle actualy want me to look at the numbers, or to look at a newer case if the same player seems to be doing too well again?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users