Photo

3 Small 100 Airline Worlds

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

Poll: 3 Small 100 Airline Worlds (69 member(s) have cast votes)

Should 3 Small 100 airline Worlds be created

1. Voted Yes Definately (57 votes [82.61%])

Percentage of vote: 82.61%

2. No Way!! (12 votes [17.39%])

Percentage of vote: 17.39%

Which would be the best timeframe for the new Worlds

1. Voted 1960-2000 (3 votes [4.35%])

Percentage of vote: 4.35%

2. 1960-2010 (5 votes [7.25%])

Percentage of vote: 7.25%

3. Voted 1960-2020 (27 votes [39.13%])

Percentage of vote: 39.13%

4. 1990-2030 (20 votes [28.99%])

Percentage of vote: 28.99%

5. Voted Other (14 votes [20.29%])

Percentage of vote: 20.29%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Chandler Keith Henson

Chandler Keith Henson

AE Player

• 59 posts

User's Awards

What do you guys think of 3 Small Worlds of 100 players each? these worlds would have reduce competition and reduce aircraft orders and shorter delivery times, would be great as sometimes airports get way overcrowded, Airlines could also grow faster later in the game and overall the game would be easier

here is how i propose it be done

a new World (O3 would be a good choice) that is broken down into 3 sub-worlds

O3-1
O3-2
O3-3

each player can ONLY choose one of the worlds, they can not have an airline in two or three of the sub-worlds, and a limit of 1 airline per player

personally i would prefer a 1960 to 2000 (better yet 1960-2010 or 2020)
and as a side note, i like open worlds

if you do not like the new idea and are going to vote on it, i would appreciate a response as to why you agree, or why you disagree with the idea, something a little more detailed is prefered

btw the poll is not because Yuxi or anyone else is making this, i just wanted to see if the idea is popular or not

Edited by Chandler Keith Henson, 26 June 2012 - 11:52 PM.

AsiaPacific

AsiaPacific

AE Player

• 54 posts
It'll make the game too easy. If there's no/limited competition, there's no strategy needed

Chandler Keith Henson

Chandler Keith Henson

AE Player

• 59 posts

User's Awards

not really, i mean there still would be competition, but not overcrowded, i mean its gets ridiculous to see all the airlines serving one route sometime, you would still have competition because there is less people wanting a piece of the pie, so they take more of the pie

this just spreads out the airlines among 3 worlds, it would not be too easy, because there still is competition, any airline can come in to your route, provide cheaper and/or better service, but it just slightly limits the amount that will come in to prevent overcrowding, if everyone wanted to serve a particular route, they could and competition would be fierce with 100 airlines on one route, so there would be strategy. you cant say it will be too easy and no strategy unless you actually try it, and each person has there own tastes

and as a side note, if the world was offered, you cant really complain about it being too easy, as your not required to play in this world, and existing worlds would not be changed or removed. its an option for those that want something different.

if it ends up being much easier, then its a world for those that want something a bit easier maybe even a more laid back game thats requires less of there day devoted to it, wouldnt hurt to try it.

Edited by Chandler Keith Henson, 26 June 2012 - 11:52 PM.

lshlarson

lshlarson

#1 Railfan

• 928 posts
Not in favor of this - the worlds would be filled so quickly that most players wouldn't be able to get in.
Posted Image

Chandler Keith Henson

Chandler Keith Henson

AE Player

• 59 posts

User's Awards

thats why there 3 worlds of 100 Airlines each, and you can only pick one of them, to prevent that from happening, so just as many players could play the smaller worlds

Edited by Chandler Keith Henson, 27 June 2012 - 12:53 AM.

ar157

ar157

Resident Australian Arnimal

• 1,476 posts

User's Awards

airline limit on country/region is more sensible then limiting the actual size of the world imo

adityapratama

adityapratama

Indonesian Sub-Forum Moderator

• 1,067 posts
I think most of the big airport would still get saturated pretty fast and left other unpopular airports empty. Just a thought though ;)

Globe Alliance Leader

R1RDz7e.jpg

M.F. Ensembleson

M.F. Ensembleson

N717YX

• 1,101 posts
The best option (in my opinion, of course) would be to limit each player to 1 airline and then determine the total number of airlines by looking at a countries passenger count and determining how many airlines would be needed to fit that country's needs.

"We do what we must, because we can."

Ensemble%20Holdings.png

Reintroducing Ensemble Holdings, commencing operations Summer 2014.

lshlarson

lshlarson

#1 Railfan

• 928 posts
Yeah but you still have 300 slots only and we know that even 500 isn't enough sometimes.
Posted Image

Chandler Keith Henson

Chandler Keith Henson

AE Player

• 59 posts

User's Awards

Ensemble Holdings and ar157: limiting Airlines in a Country wouldnt make it an open world and in my opinion would be unfair to some players, especialy players looking to open up say an american airline or an international airline.

adityapratama: yes they still would get saturated pretty quick, thus proving there is competition and strategy, however the saturation might be less than with full blown 300 airlines in a world, and you cant say the less popular airports wont get saturated, an airline might fly a lot of flights to them, so someone will fly to them, over time it is possible that they may get saturated

lshlarson: yea, however, there would be just as many slots as if a new 300 slot world would be added, and more subworlds can be added if more slots are needed

Edited by Chandler Keith Henson, 27 June 2012 - 01:20 AM.

Sheepy

Sheepy

N/A

• 1,935 posts

User's Awards

airline limit on country/region is more sensible then limiting the actual size of the world imo

Agree. I had a suggestion for this a while back, something like 1 airline for each airport with at least 10m pax, + 1. (Country based), and also an additional airline for each airport with 30m pax or more, then another one after this at 60m, Therefore...
New Zealand would be 2.
Hong Kong would be 3.
United States would be (If I counted correctly, margin of error is 3-4) 42.
United Kingdom would be 9.

However, I think an exception should be made to regional airlines, whereby they don't count towards the country's limit.
(These being under 100 seats, Also perhaps limited to 200 aircraft, to stop evasion of the country limit rule)

Administrator of UnitedSkies alliance

and also a member of some other ones, but they're 2vip4u

Ioh

Ioh

Baaauussss

• 1,649 posts
People will open airlines in all 3 worlds. This defeats the objective as nobody can get into the worlds, the idea is flawed.

ADWAM.png

Sheepy

Sheepy

N/A

• 1,935 posts

User's Awards

each player can ONLY choose one of the worlds, they can not have an airline in two or three of the sub-worlds, and a limit of 1 airline per player

ioh, please READ suggestions before you brush them aside. (smugwink ;) )

Administrator of UnitedSkies alliance

and also a member of some other ones, but they're 2vip4u

adityapratama

adityapratama

Indonesian Sub-Forum Moderator

• 1,067 posts
If you're limiting the airline for only 100, I'm pretty sure they'll fight ONLY in the biggest airport in the game. It's just natural. People will think they had the chance to control all big airports and left unpopular airports empty.

Well,I'm talking from the perspective of Real Worlds though, your concept might work for Open Worlds as you stated earlier.

I'm more agree with ar and sheepy suggestions :)

Globe Alliance Leader

R1RDz7e.jpg

Chandler Keith Henson

Chandler Keith Henson

AE Player

• 59 posts

User's Awards

Sheepy: like i said earlier, this defeats the purpose of an OPEN world and makes it unfair if someone say wants to fly to a particular airport, but cant because its too used, i think 3 small 100 airline worlds is the best way of reducing congestion without restricting players.

adityapratama: this concept is mostly inded for open worlds, as there my favorite at the time, i really think ar and sheepy's suggestions impose too much restrictions, especialy for an open world, or even a real world, making there restriction more for appropriate for a special world.

limiting airlines wont mae them fight only in the biggest airport, because if they concentrate there, theoretically they MIGHT become just as crowded as now and it might reduce crowding there, as what are the chances of every airline starting in the same airport? this may force some into smaller airports as well, unpopular airports will still be used, especially by someone like me that likes wide variety of destinations, and maybe someone wanting to fly a regional airline.

i really think this idea should be given a chance instead of brushed to the side, it hurts no one, and appeals more to those wanting to avoid the overcrowding.

Edited by Chandler Keith Henson, 27 June 2012 - 05:44 PM.

Brando

Brando

• 499 posts
see i have always wanted a world like this and brought this up many times before myself, its not a popular idea, however those people dont have to play. i think if we do this it should be realistic, how about a 1960-2000 world, 1980-2020 world and a 2000-2040 world because not everyone likes the old worlds or the modern ones.

Chandler Keith Henson

Chandler Keith Henson

AE Player

• 59 posts

User's Awards

that could work, however what if the 1960 world is full and someone likes the 1960 world? i personally like the 1960 world better, and would like it to be a tad longer.

QK Flight Industries

QK Flight Industries

a Wandering Guide to AE and Beyond

• 2,135 posts
Have it any longer and it will be a ghost world. Proven fact. Actually, with less airlines, perhaps we ought to shorten the range to twentyfive years instead of forty.

16590230781_7cc5cf6013.jpg

Sig.png

AXUbLwK.png

It's really me, now. #backtoAE

Chandler Keith Henson

Chandler Keith Henson

AE Player

• 59 posts

User's Awards

actually with less airlines maybe it would last longer, we cant say it would be a ghost world without trying it. besides 25 years is too short

Edited by Chandler Keith Henson, 27 June 2012 - 09:06 PM.

QK Flight Industries

QK Flight Industries

a Wandering Guide to AE and Beyond

• 2,135 posts
I would think differently. If the competition leave after about thirty years in a world with 300 airlines, with only 100 more spread out.... that would result in less competition in a shorter amount of time. :S

16590230781_7cc5cf6013.jpg

Sig.png

AXUbLwK.png

It's really me, now. #backtoAE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users