Photo

What airline simulation games have you tryed?

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Delta-Northwest

Delta-Northwest

AE Viking!

• Data Manager
  • 705 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   
Hey, In this topic please tell us what airline simulation games you have played and if you want what you think of them :P

I have tryed the following airline sims:
  • Airline Empires (Old and Modern :P ) - ONLINE, Well as you see i have been around for some time so you might guess that this is the sim that i like the most. :thumbup: :)
  • Cyber Airlines - ONLINE, This was the airline game i played most before AE. however i did try AE before i tryed cyber airline.... However this is not the favorite... :P
  • Airway sim - ONLINE, Difficult simmulation game that requires alot of time :P
  • Airline Sim - ONLINE, An average airline simmulation game, what else is it to say? :P
  • Airline Mogul - ONLINE, Airline mogul is a good airline simmulation game if you like old/Classic aviation like the DC3 and The DC-5 etc. Airline mogul offers you the avibility to have an airline in the best era of aviation.
  • Airpro - OFFLINE, This is a verry simple but still addictive airline sim. this does however cost money but you do get addicted to it :P
  • Airline 7 - OFFLINE, Airline 7 is as Airway sim a little difficult to understand but once you understand how to play it goes like a dream. This is so far the most complex OFFLINE simmulation game.
So please share what airline simmulation games you have tryed and wich you liked best. Happy discussion! :)

Delta-Northwest  :viking: 

pseudoswede

pseudoswede

Play to win.

• 403 posts

User's Awards

5    3      
As I've said before, please don't compare Cyber Airlines to the rest of the ones listed above. It is a totally different form of gameplay; although opinions of it certainly should be expressed.

Airline Mogul - this is where I started; still enjoy it. However, it was most fun when it was 2000-2500 players per round; private worlds, sadly, has reduced the fun of public worlds and the overall gameplay. The game's alliance functionality is fantastic; its maintenance formula is not.

Airway Sim - micromanagement hell; if you aren't one of the first players in a new world, you're basically hosed.

Cyber Airlines - having to constantly log in to end/initiate your flights is not fun; at least it has cargo

Airline Creator - similar to Cyber Airlines; defunct

My Virtual Flights - a game from a passenger perspective; you book flights and fly routes (using actual flights and times of real airlines), racking up frequent flier miles as well as points for flying different airlines and to different airports (you could actually win real prizes for finish first); sadly, the developer (who works for flyDubai) has disappeared and the schedules are horrifically outdated

Virtual Flights (Facebook) - like My Virtual Flights; uses the actual Star Alliance timetable; no rewards system; terrible user interface

Airline Empires - I really disliked the old version; this version is very enjoyable to play

Mr Tree

Mr Tree

AE Addict

• 886 posts
Airline Mogul- The first sim I used. When I tried to search up "Airline Mogul Review," I came to a forum asking if AE or AM was better. That's how I found AE. The game is simple and unrealistic. I can't stand how you could charge 1250 for a 200 mile flight, and only 400 on and international flight.

AE- Got me hooked, still hooked to a much lesser extent.

Cyber Airlines- Clean and simple. It was easy and fun to set up flights, but I lost interest when I took a contract I had no hope of meeting.

Airways Sim- Never figured it out.

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts
*Tried

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

highland

highland

AE Luver

• 393 posts
i think i've owned six or seven airport tycoon types of games... however though, nintendo's aerobiz and aerobiz "super sonic " were the best of
them....
the other games though, airport tycoon, airline tycoon, and airport " something " and airline " something something " was computer games.
not online games, just computer games. anyhow... all of those was just plain ol' bad.....

* no business game should have powerups !

however, all business games should have a stock market and a bank. . . . that is totally like a bible written must. . . .

also, . . . . the realistic bug . . .

a game is realistic enough if you know what it is..... for instance...

a realistic plane game only needs what ? ? ? planes, airports and passengers.... what makes the game better is in the visual detial of the world maps, the planes and the
city and statistics in which the routes go to. . . . . " word of the day " statistics . . say it . . . . sta tist ics . . . . . that's right . . statistics. . . . . .

*** who ? ? ? just exactly who ? ? ? ? would want to play a realistic game thats so realistic that they know that this route or that route is only good for this amount and
nomore. . . . . . or should be this small or less. . . . . that there is TOOOOO realistic . . . . .

AHHHH poo poo. . . . i forgot what i was here for . . . oh'ya' . . . airline business games that i've played . . . .

going through my memory.. i kind of think i've played this game befor, but am thinking it was a WHOLE LOT different then it is today . . .

Superman

Superman

Data Collector

• Data Collector
  • 1,507 posts

User's Awards

2    3   
I tried a few :P

Airline Empires(Online)- Awesome :awesome:
Cyber Airlines(Online) its OK :)
Airline Mogul(Offine) Boring :(
Airway Sim(Offine) I just dont get it :mellow:
Airline Sim(Offine) I ran out of Coins :P

Thanks to Ioh i going to try Avio Sim :P

AHHC ▲☺▲

AHHC ▲☺▲

AE Player

• 46 posts

User's Awards

13    4      
I played the game as follow:

Airlines Manager in FB
Air Pro
Air Pro 2
Airlines Tycoon
AM 2 (Chinese Airlines game in early 90s, play in DOS)
CAAC (China Based Airlines, in eary 90s, play in DOS)

iPhone:
Flight Tycoon :D

and more I forget
Posted Image
Posted Image

Guest_Chia Pet_*

Guest_Chia Pet_*
  • Guests
I was beta for AWS XD

It was a great game at the beginning... then people whined about how they were getting under cut TATL (they had 777s) buy 757s XD and tried to ban them from the game...

So yeah i went on there to troll the forums XD

Airline Empires is best... except for certain things :sly:

M4matthew

M4matthew

M4Matthew

• 673 posts
Airline Mogul: Good community feel but it takes far longer to open routes and I feel AE is more advanced. Also it seems to take months for mods to update your suggestions and bugs. The game-play is also pretty slow (1 game month per day)

Airline Manager (Facebook): Very unrealistic demand. Constant re-cycling of routes required. Plus, like all facebook games, requires daily commitment :/ ...Bonus, realistic fuel pricing and system... Yuxi, take note :giggle:

Kirkland

Kirkland

AE King

• 1,504 posts
I played 5 seconds on Cyber Airlines.

But AE is still :awesome:

nWcLJH0.png

n.x.w.m

n.x.w.m

taiwanball

• Data Collector
  • 2,061 posts
I play.....

AE (duh) :awesome:

Cyber Airlines - I can't commit to checking it so often, inactive.

My Virtual Flights

:)

cUDPatH.jpg

Delta787

Delta787

Delta787

• 92 posts
I have done Airline Empires, of course, and tried out AirwaySim, the demo, and I think I have kind of figured it out. Might try it later.

Kelvie Smith
A&P Mechanic
Flight Sim Enthusiast

Posted ImagePosted Image

Amadeus Inc.

Amadeus Inc.

Group CEO, Amadeus Inc.

• 355 posts

User's Awards

6    7    10    6    2   
In chronological order:

Airline Mogul
My first airline simulation game, a dream come true. Addicted for quite some time, but then get bored.
+ somewhat realistic, nice gate search feature for route development (premium feature), good community
- the exponential formula for maintenance cost, the biggest a/c you can make profit in long term is 762

Airline Manager on Facebook
Join because of some friend, then get addicted for some time. Then quit playing, to busy to click 'fly' button every hour.
+ a list of award/achievements to show off, fluctuating oil price, random event/incident
- have to fly aircraft manually, really annoying

Cyber Airlines, Airway Sim
Try them, not really get it, then simply forget.

Flight Tycoon on Ipad
quite addicting, ended up creating 10 active account just to fly to each other.
+ simple, just touch and touch and fly
- no sense of reality

Air Tycoon 1 & 2 on Ipad
try the demo version, ended up buying the Air Tycoon 2 app
+ somewhat realistic, configurable seating, IFE, IFS, cargo operation, cool GUI.
- play againts computer players

Airline Empire
Actually, I found this sim game before AirwaySim, but didn't end up playing.
The home page is not that promising, but then later I give it another try.
It turns out to be the best airline sim game I ever play, and simply cant stop playing.
+ higher level of airline customization and continuously being develop
- I dont really have any complain so far, loving it.

NilsOlavThePenguin

NilsOlavThePenguin

Penguin

• 673 posts
CyberAirlines - Got banned after insulting the Admin by having the word boob in my signature on the forums.

Airline Empires - Did not like the version I first found but the one now is better.

A french one I cant remember the name off - Was flawed but did allow timetabeling, was french and I dont understand french.

PacificAirways

PacificAirways

Busy Bee

• 316 posts

In chronological order:

Airline Mogul
My first airline simulation game, a dream come true. Addicted for quite some time, but then get bored.
+ somewhat realistic, nice gate search feature for route development (premium feature), good community
- the exponential formula for maintenance cost, the biggest a/c you can make profit in long term is 762

Airline Manager on Facebook
Join because of some friend, then get addicted for some time. Then quit playing, to busy to click 'fly' button every hour.
+ a list of award/achievements to show off, fluctuating oil price, random event/incident
- have to fly aircraft manually, really annoying

Cyber Airlines, Airway Sim
Try them, not really get it, then simply forget.

Flight Tycoon on Ipad
quite addicting, ended up creating 10 active account just to fly to each other.
+ simple, just touch and touch and fly
- no sense of reality

Air Tycoon 1 & 2 on Ipad
try the demo version, ended up buying the Air Tycoon 2 app
+ somewhat realistic, configurable seating, IFE, IFS, cargo operation, cool GUI.
- play againts computer players

Airline Empire
Actually, I found this sim game before AirwaySim, but didn't end up playing.
The home page is not that promising, but then later I give it another try.
It turns out to be the best airline sim game I ever play, and simply cant stop playing.
+ higher level of airline customization and continuously being develop
- I dont really have any complain so far, loving it.

Bet you didn't know that I did allot of beta testing and design ideas for air tycoon 1 and 2 ;)

Pacific Airways - Head of Public Relations, Globe Alliance

Photo%202-11-2014%203%2000%2046%20am.png

Amadeus Inc.

Amadeus Inc.

Group CEO, Amadeus Inc.

• 355 posts

User's Awards

6    7    10    6    2   

Bet you didn't know that I did allot of beta testing and design ideas for air tycoon 1 and 2 ;)

Wow that's awesome. Do they plan further development of the game?

un1

un1

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 1,187 posts

User's Awards

2    3         
For me it went something like this:

Airline Tycoon
Played it non-stop for a whole summer :P

Airlinesim
First thing I found when I googled "airline simulations"
I liked it quite a bit, but I never got around to paying for it.

Airline Mogul
Second game I found on google, I never really understood it and just left.

Cyber Airlines
Third game I found...never understood it either. :P

AirwaySim
Fourth game I found, I enjoyed it but found it confusing after a few days.

Airline Empries
Last game I found on google and the last game I tried. :P Instantly addicted! When I came on the game, it was essentially nothing and it took about 7 months for me to apply to become a developer because I felt bad for Yuxi having to do this all by himself. Probably the biggest regret in his life was saying yes to my application. :whistling:

R6 - NSW Airlines

QK Flight Industries

QK Flight Industries

a Wandering Guide to AE and Beyond

• 2,135 posts

When I came on the game, it was essentially nothing and it took about 7 months for me to apply to become a developer because I felt bad for Yuxi having to do this all by himself. Probably the biggest regret in his life was saying yes to my application. :whistling:

XD XD XD :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Biggest regret...

16590230781_7cc5cf6013.jpg

Sig.png

AXUbLwK.png

It's really me, now. #backtoAE

Superman

Superman

Data Collector

• Data Collector
  • 1,507 posts

User's Awards