Photo

R5 World Airline Press Releases

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Obelix

Obelix

Fetch me a Wild Boar Dogmatix

• 385 posts
TCA Saudi Arabian is pleased to announce the construction of a new terminal and HUB at RUH.

Posted Image
Not a real 737NG cockpit, only a SIM cockpit Posted Image

aviafilipina

aviafilipina

I stare at maps for fun.

• 145 posts

User's Awards

Air Manila made a huge order today for the following aircraft
7 - Boeing 747-400 - Long Haul
8 - Airbus A320-200 - Short Haul
10 - Airbus A330-300 - Short to Medium Haul
which adds up to the pending deliveries of now 41 aircraft
The airline has also previously stated that it ordered
10 - Airbus A340-200 - Long Haul

ZFnGxaG.png

-Newcdn

-Newcdn

• 514 posts
New Delhi - Kingfisher Airlines today announced that it will be refurbishing its long haul fleet which will include new seats in all classes of service. Details of the refurbishment program are outlined below.

Kingfisher will be introducing fully flat beds in First Class, which will be introduced starting with the Boeing 747-400 and Airbus A330-300 aircraft. First Class service will be removed from its 767 fleet.

It will also unveil new Business Class seats that offer lie flat beds and greater legroom.

The 767-300 fleet will be configured as follows:

32 Business Class seats with 60" pitch, lie flat beds, 21" seat width, configured in a 1-2-2 pattern.
188 Economy Class seats with 31" pitch, 17.5" seat width, configured in a 2-3-2 pattern.

The A330-300 fleet will be configured as follows:

6 First Class seats with 80" pitch, fully flat beds, 22" seat width, configured in a 1-2-1 pattern.
32 Business Class seats with 60" pitch, lie flat beds, 21" seat width, configured in a 2-2-2 pattern.
232 Economy Class seats with 32" pitch, 17.5" seat width, configured in a 2-4-2 pattern.

The 747-400 fleet will be configured as follows:

8 First Class seats with 80" pitch, fully flat beds, 22" seat width, configured in a 1-1 pattern on the upper deck.
46 Business Class seats with 60" pitch, lie flat beds, 21" seat width, configured in a 2-2-2 pattern.
326 Economy Class seats with with 31-32" pitch, 17.5" seat width, configured in a 3-4-3 pattern.

The new seating configurations will be gradually rolled out on Kingfisher's fleet.
A top official also mentioned that after the widebody fleet is refurbished, it will announce a new seating configuration for its narrowbody fleet as well. The new Boeing 757s that the airline is taking deliveries of already incorporate these new standards.

aviafilipina

aviafilipina

I stare at maps for fun.

• 145 posts

User's Awards

Air Manila has recently had big boom in its long haul service, it now operates flights to
Europe:
LHR-London
CDG-Paris
FRA-Frankfurt
AMS-Amsterdam
FCO-Rome
IST-Istanbul
PRG-Prague
North America:
LAX-Los Angeles
LAS-Las Vegas
SFO-San Francisco
SEA-Seattle
YVR-Vancouver
SLC-Salt Lake City
YYC-Calgary
Others:
JNB-Johannesburg
DXB-Dubai
SYD-Sydney
All long haul flights are operated by the Boeing 747-400, some are to be rescheduled when the A340-200's and A330-300's arrive

ZFnGxaG.png

aviafilipina

aviafilipina

I stare at maps for fun.

• 145 posts

User's Awards

February 12 1993
CitiAir USA commences operations in Oakland International Airport
Posted Image Posted Image
Air Manila Holdings announced today that CitiAir - Air Manila's subsidiary will be commencing flights in the United States through its main base in Oakland International Airport. It currently operates a Boeing 737-300, soon to be replaced by A320's like Air Manila's. California is the perfect market for Air Manila Holdings because of its location it can easily receive flights from the Philippines not to mention that there is a huge Filipino presence there.
The new airline's maiden flight is from Oakland/OAK to Mexico City/MEX
The IFS is still to be reconfigured when the A320's arrive

ZFnGxaG.png

Alfrenzo

Alfrenzo

Probably retired

• 861 posts

User's Awards

2       6    3   

February 12 1993 CitiAir USA commences operations in Oakland International Airport Posted Image Posted Image Air Manila Holdings announced today that CitiAir - Air Manila's subsidiary will be commencing flights in the United States through its main base in Oakland International Airport. It currently operates a Boeing 737-300, soon to be replaced by A320's like Air Manila's. California is the perfect market for Air Manila Holdings because of its location it can easily receive flights from the Philippines not to mention that there is a huge Filipino presence there. The new airline's maiden flight is from Oakland/OAK to Mexico City/MEX The IFS is still to be reconfigured when the A320's arrive

And why not Hawaii, Illinois or NY?
I understand, after all, as Steve says, 98% of press releases are obviously untrue :/

noelair%20banner.png

aviafilipina

aviafilipina

I stare at maps for fun.

• 145 posts

User's Awards

Do you mean the base or the destination?
either way the answer is competition

ZFnGxaG.png

Alfrenzo

Alfrenzo

Probably retired

• 861 posts

User's Awards

2       6    3   

Do you mean the base or the destination?
either way the answer is competition

Both.

And so, if there's competition you flee from it? I see why the overreaction when PA opened up :P

noelair%20banner.png

aviafilipina

aviafilipina

I stare at maps for fun.

• 145 posts

User's Awards

Air Manila to reconfigure A340's/A330's/A320's

When Air Manila's 10 A330-300's and 10 A340-200's arrive they are set to be reconfigured, instead of the original plans for 48C/340Y for the A333 and 46C/334Y for the A342 the new configuration will be40C/292Y for both aircraft. Research was conducted and we based the new configuration on Cathay Pacific's 777-200 with 45C/291Y seats.

There are currently no plans to reconfigure the 747-400 and CRJ-200LR but all new aircraft to be introduced to the fleet will be configured with better legroom.

Air Manila has just ordered 10 Airbus A320-200 with the new 18C/132Y configuration instead of the old 20C/145Y configuration. All future A320 orders are to be fitted with the new configuration but all currently operating A320's will remain in the old configuration.

ZFnGxaG.png

aviafilipina

aviafilipina

I stare at maps for fun.

• 145 posts

User's Awards

Both.

And so, if there's competition you flee from it? I see why the overreaction when PA opened up :P

I carefully studied the possible hubs and went down to SJC and OAK. I chose them for
1. location - easy connection to Asia
2. not much competition
3. decent demand
4. It's more realistic for a Philippine Carrier to have a hub in California because of the good Filipino presence there.
5. I like San Francisco
Not Hawaii because major cities are too far
Not Illinois and New York because they're too far from Asia

ZFnGxaG.png

Alfrenzo

Alfrenzo

Probably retired

• 861 posts

User's Awards

2       6    3   
Uh, most Filipino Americans stay in the areas I mentioned... so the Filipino presence reason doesnt really work... :S

noelair%20banner.png

Obelix

Obelix

• 385 posts

Uh, most Filipino Americans stay in the areas I mentioned... so the Filipino presence reason doesnt really work... :S

Seems like you have a vast knowledge of where immigrants live around the world. I'd like to suggest you share this precious information with all the AE community so that any further press release referring to providing service to a well established immigrant base, which you seem to think is non existing, of first, second, third and so on generation.

Saddle up mate, you tried to make an alliance issue,now you have made it a racial issue

Posted Image

violetQueen

violetQueen

The Resident B!tch

• 584 posts

Saddle up mate, you tried to get me on an alliance issue,now you have me on a racial issue

This post made me LMFAO because Obelix, either you just admitted to having multiple accounts or you should really read who people talk to because last time I checked Alfrenzo was chatting to mark4051997..

Also I don't quite think "saddle up" is the term you are looking for... but maybe equestrian activities in your area differ to mine.

I liked TW and it's gone. NW, and it's gone. CO, and it's gone. Pray I don't like you.

"How sad it would be, should laughter disappear."
Posted Image

Spoiler

Obelix

Obelix

• 385 posts
jajaja Violetqueen, please let me know the 2 IP addressees or 2 logins you mentioned came on hand. I only have a computer and am not a hacker

Posted Image

Obelix

Obelix

• 385 posts
Guess we have hakcers in AE ranks

Posted Image

violetQueen

violetQueen

The Resident B!tch

• 584 posts
Are you drunk? You make no sense...

I liked TW and it's gone. NW, and it's gone. CO, and it's gone. Pray I don't like you.

"How sad it would be, should laughter disappear."
Posted Image

Spoiler

QK Flight Industries

QK Flight Industries

a Wandering Guide to AE and Beyond

• 2,135 posts
Thread cleaned. Let's keep it on topic.

16590230781_7cc5cf6013.jpg

Sig.png

AXUbLwK.png

It's really me, now. #backtoAE

NilsOlavThePenguin

NilsOlavThePenguin

Penguin

• 673 posts
Royalty airlines took delivery of their 1st A330 a few weeks ago (Game time) The plan is to have 10 of the new wonderplane as we have named them for saving the airline financially. The first plane will be named "Wunderflugzeug" or in English "Wonderairplane"

NilsOlavThePenguin

NilsOlavThePenguin

Penguin

• 673 posts
Royalty Airlines announced the plans to remove the 737-300 from its fleet by 1996 14 new A32's have been ordered to replace the 737's. The oldest 737 will be put on display outside of our terminal as it was our first airplane.

AirlineMASTER

AirlineMASTER

AE Player

• 73 posts

User's Awards

US Airways announces the scheduled delivery of the 737-8 to be starting May 6th 1998. These new 737s will be used around the southern end of the United States and will be connecting flights back to the main hub (and HQ) of Houston Intercontinental.
The Airline also stated that they are looking to possibly open up 2 new hubs (The new airport names for the hubs have not been released yet)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users