* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

AirlineMASTER

AirlineMASTER

AE Player

• 73 posts

User's Awards

We should also add crashes to increase the realism of the game. I believe that would be fun... :P it would make it somewhat more entertaining.

ar157

ar157

Resident Australian Arnimal

• 1,476 posts

User's Awards

and somewhat more violent. I believe this idea has popped up multiple times.

Oliy.

Oliy.

You what?

• Data Collector
  • 342 posts

User's Awards

fox your fleet seems to do that a lot, or at least crash at some point!

2ndAcr

2ndAcr

AE Know It All

• 246 posts

User's Awards

7    2      
I would think that it would make a huge difference in game pace if chance of crash was linked to maint and flight hours. Run the plane at max ratio for years on end and have 75% chance of a crash. Link that to a drop in pax after the crash across the board for that airline to simulate the public avoiding an unsafe airline. They would have to regain the public trust to maintain the higher rates.

Delta787

Delta787

Delta787

• 92 posts

I would think that it would make a huge difference in game pace if chance of crash was linked to maint and flight hours. Run the plane at max ratio for years on end and have 75% chance of a crash. Link that to a drop in pax after the crash across the board for that airline to simulate the public avoiding an unsafe airline. They would have to regain the public trust to maintain the higher rates.

But then this is where you would have to add maintenance into the game for this to happen. Even if you wanted to add crashes to the game, there is still that 1 in a 1,000,000,000 chance that a crash will occur. Aircraft today are just to well built and maintained ( in most countries) that it takes a freak of nature or unfortunate mishap to bring a plane down. You have a higher chance of getting run over by a car than being in a plane crash. :D Just my $.02

Kelvie Smith
A&P Mechanic
Flight Sim Enthusiast

Posted ImagePosted Image

ar157

ar157

• 1,476 posts

User's Awards

Which would mark the end of Low Quality Airlines :P

Conor

Conor

Angry Irishman

• AE Moderator
  • 1,404 posts
*cough* ryanair *cough*

they have had one or two minor incidents and they are still fine. Others have had major incidents and they are fine: air Colgan, Southwest, every russian airline etc. etc.

Kirkland

Kirkland

AE King

• 1,504 posts
NO! I play OpentTTD and whenever a crash happens, the airport shuts down and puts my company in catastrophic failure that takes almost 10 OpenTTD years to fix.

I've lost over 55,000,000 when that stuff happens. Don't make it here!

nWcLJH0.png

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts

NO! I play OpentTTD and whenever a crash happens, the airport shuts down and puts my company in catastrophic failure that takes almost 10 OpenTTD years to fix.

I've lost over 55,000,000 when that stuff happens. Don't make it here!

Yay, another OTTD player! :D

If we ever do add crashes, I wouldn't make it like that because it's not realistic. In real life when an incident occurs, an airline doesn't suddenly lose 90% of its customers in most cases. :P

Brando

Brando

• 499 posts
Airplane is the safest means of travel these days, youre more likely to crash you car going to the airport than your plane going down, also they have the lowest casualty:crash ratio :)

Hake.

Hake.

Too Old For All This Jazz

• 4,295 posts
  • Skype Name:billfoster123

User's Awards

I think it might make it fun. What about Al Queda hijackings? If you want realistic thats what you'd want

Hake.

Hake.

• 4,295 posts

User's Awards

Or what about ash clouds? it wouldn't cause much damage and it would make it more real.

Kirkland

Kirkland

AE King

• 1,504 posts

I'd say against adding "Hull loss" Crashes :/
Less severe "Tyre popped", "Autopilot broke", "FMC Rickrolled me" Type incidents would be interesting, but I'd rather not have to worry about them all the time. :P

Same with me. Why not things that lower like tiny bits of your reputation.

nWcLJH0.png

ar157

ar157

• 1,476 posts

User's Awards

Closure of airports due to natural disaster.

ar

M4matthew

M4matthew

M4Matthew

• 673 posts

Closure of airports due to natural disaster.

ar

That would work well with this suggestion :P

Hake.

Hake.

• 4,295 posts

User's Awards

That's even less realistic than other crashes, there's far more Accidents then there are hijackings. :/

I'd like to see the Ash cloud from a bit back simulated. :P

The ash cloud would be a bit funny yes. One week without flights. People making massive profits would suffer too. Not that I'm in favour of massive losses

Airbus A320

Airbus A320

Flying Fanatic

• 116 posts

User's Awards

I think ash clouds and natural disasters would work really well :P

Randallator

Randallator

Train Fan

• 337 posts

User's Awards

I'd say against adding "Hull loss" Crashes :/
Less severe "Tyre popped", "Autopilot broke", "FMC Rickrolled me" Type incidents would be interesting, but I'd rather not have to worry about them all the time. :P

that is kind of what it is like on airline manager on face book you get random minor incedents like panal failures or birds strikes about say 4 or 5 tumes give or take per about 250flights which you have to fix but not too often

2rLn142.pngmsg-26818-0-86969200-1392319731.png

#aerlingus&ryanairworldbestairline

LazyNoNos

LazyNoNos

AE Player

• 55 posts
  • Skype Name:alijameel5

User's Awards

After a jet crashes at least make an option to replace it. A aircraft with 20 routes crashes. Big prob.......

ar157

ar157

• 1,476 posts

User's Awards

After a jet crashes at least make an option to replace it. A aircraft with 20 routes crashes. Big prob.......

low utilisation of fleet should mean there should be spares.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users