* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Guest_M4matthew_*

Guest_M4matthew_*
  • Guests
After following this suggestion http://www.airline-e...5-news-feature/,

I was considering a similar feature, but with real life reports. For instance,

'News 2004: Former US President Ronald Reagan has died age 93. Tsunami hits Indian Ocean, hundreds of thousands feared dead. Oil prices hit record $55 a barrel XD. 28th Olympiad returns to Athens. Hurricanes Charley, Frances, Ivan and Alex buffet Florida and the Carribean. etc.'

Each year could have its own featured news stories. I propose this because it's nice to know the historical context of the year you're playing in.

What do you think?

BritAbroad

BritAbroad

Moderator and Data Collector

• Data Manager
  • 1,677 posts
Actually, that is quite nice.

sagsmall.png

Sheepy

Sheepy

N/A

• 1,935 posts

User's Awards

I like this a lot.

Administrator of UnitedSkies alliance

and also a member of some other ones, but they're 2vip4u

X-Wing @Aliciousness

X-Wing @Aliciousness

I think you'll like them!

• 1,760 posts
Maybe even do it down to the days :shifty:

UbxSbIt.png

Sheepy

Sheepy

N/A

• 1,935 posts

User's Awards

Days would be nice, however data collection could be a bit excessive. Every four to seven days would be good. Though if it's an interesting week, there would of course be more news :P

Royen

Royen

CEO Of Royen Airlines

• 1,566 posts
Ah, this is a pretty cool idea. This would make the game more educational so we players can have an excuse to play in class :shifty: but on the whole it would benefit the players, but as Sheepy suggested, this would take alot of Data Collection! :P

I also purpose adding the feature with you being able to edit it so you can state how your airline was effected, etc.

Thanks,

Royen Airlines

we%20are%20vertice%202.png?dl=0

Sig.png

#gogolden2015 

pseudoswede

pseudoswede

Play to win.

• 403 posts

User's Awards

5    3      
Is there a Wikipedia API where you could create a "this day in history" feed?

mariowebbocious

mariowebbocious

King Julian Wannabe

• 346 posts

User's Awards

this would be a great idea.
and I think everyone can always contribute to the news feed.
maybe they can send interesting facts about their country during that specific time.

KJ1.jpg

No, you're not home. You're flying with us.

Oliy.

Oliy.

You what?

• Data Collector
  • 342 posts

User's Awards

sounds interesting.....

will the news have any affects in game? for instance if there is a really bad crash or anything major it would affect passenger numbers?

Pineair

Pineair

AE Luver

• 474 posts

User's Awards

10    16    12       9   
Perhaps the news stories could be geographically specific. Different for each continent. Didn't railway tycoon have something similar?

Guest_M4matthew_*

Guest_M4matthew_*
  • Guests

Every four to seven days would be good.

hmm, I was thinking more of a monthly thing. If you have too frequent news events, people won't have time to read them and as you say data collection would be quite a task XD

will the news have any affects in game? for instance if there is a really bad crash or anything major it would affect passenger numbers?

I feel this would be too hard to replicate accurately and perhaps something post-AE4, yet large events like recessions could impact passenger numbers.

Perhaps the news stories could be geographically specific. Different for each continent. Didn't railway tycoon have something similar?

If internationally generic news stories are included, then this probably isn't necessary... For instance in my 2004 example at the top, they make headline news stories wherever you are in the world. RT may have had something similar, I don't know cos I don't play XD

M.F. Ensembleson

M.F. Ensembleson

N717YX

• 1,101 posts
Try making a database of different events, be it realistic (President Obama chooses XYZ airlines to fly to Hawaii), or not (The Iraqi President Llama was pecked on the head by an ostrich. All flights out of Tehran are cancelled for 9.67 trillion years in honor of the llama.). Then, the system either repeats things after a while, or randomizes the different things.

"We do what we must, because we can."

Ensemble%20Holdings.png

Reintroducing Ensemble Holdings, commencing operations Summer 2014.

berubium

berubium

AE Luver

• 331 posts

User's Awards

Not to be a Buzz Killington, but anything of note that happened between the 24th & the 31st would just be erased from history I guess... ;)

Berubium.png

Sheepy

Sheepy

N/A

• 1,935 posts

User's Awards

You make a good point there. Might be best to implement the 365 day calendar first... :/

kaarlows

kaarlows

AE Player

• 60 posts
That's a very nice suggestion. Would be very interesting to have it implemented.

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts

Is there a Wikipedia API where you could create a "this day in history" feed?

That's what I'm thinking. I like this idea :thumbup: (for AE4 and the future real calendar system of course)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users