26 replies to this topic

Guest_Nathaniel_*

Guest_Nathaniel_*
  • Guests
then she gets lots of money

velvetine

velvetine

• 81 posts
Well, actually some once did. I asked him why? He said he needed the plane fast and felt justified in purchasing it at that price. It was about $7m above value. I think he must have earned that back in a couple of days...

This happened when the month change occurred at the start of the work day for me and I didn't have time to plan the routes until I got home later that day or during lunchtime.

My planes now are priced to sell. ;)

Guest_axelditmer_*

Guest_axelditmer_*
  • Guests
i have an atr-42-500 to sell for only 12.500

santanu

santanu

• 90 posts
Once you get to a level of DoP where you can order a plane or two every real day, the delivery schedule becomes unimportant. Its a pipeline like car assembly line. Once the pipe line is filled you'll get one/two planes everyday irrespective of the delivery dates. Order everyday and after 6 days everyday you'll get your aircrafts.

Infact the present method is not capitalism but ensures a more level playing field. If this delivery schedule wasn't there, the leaders would have ordered 100s of aircraft in one go and next thing you'll have no routes left to operate profitably.

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts
Exactly. I don't see why people are complaining about how many aircraft an airline orders or how long it takes to get delivery. If you are making enough money to actually afford the aircraft then you can have a constant flow of new aircraft almost on a monthly basis.

VC-10

VC-10

• 706 posts
I don't like it, as it floods the market, and eventually it might stop. I think this because if someone has a plane worth $40,000,000 and tries to sell it for $41,000,000, then someone who is trying to sell a similar plane might sell is for $40,900,000 and the cycle continues untill there are no more orders for that type of planes, and the market is flooded with planes for about $40,010,000.

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts
Ok, but that also gives a chance to the airlines with less money. If they could not buy a used B1900 before for less then $5.5M, they will eventually be able to purchase them for $3M. The same goes for all aircraft. As the market gets flooded with them the prices will decrease. For now if you want an aircraft quick you can buy a new aircraft from the used market and pay a premium.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users