Legal cheating

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

flyhegs

flyhegs

• 296 posts
  • WLM ID:mohamedmomtaz@hotmail.com
If u look at the Aircraft Delevieris then you will find many , many Airlines ordering Airliners (mostly Airbuses and embraers but others 2) in bulk orders , using the delevery slots and then trying to sell them high above market price in the used market . It is happening so much that it is getting into a redicilos way to earn extra money fast . I think that this should be stopped . It isn't a bug neither is it real cheating but it defenetly isn't "realistic", as real Airlines don't do this. (for the guys who justlove the realism of an overcrowded world). Neither is it fair for the the Airlines with less cash as the delivery slots get used and this is just capitalism over the Aircraft market . I think it should be changed . A way is to not allow selling Airliners that are younger then 5 years for more then 110% of it's value . Another way is to reduce the saving that are made by purchasing bulk airliners by , for example, making the savements stop "early" (instead of by 51 aircraft by 15 or so ) .

Vote yes or no

ziliu

ziliu

• 281 posts

Originally posted by flyhegs
[...] as the delivery slots get used [...]

The delivery system works in such a way, that no airline can receive more than 2 aircraft each month. Furthermore, for each 10 aircraft on order the amount of delivered aircraft increases by 1 per month.

Suppose now I order 50 airbuses, and it will take 5 months for those orders to reach the front. During each and every one of these 5 months, i won't get any aircraft delivered since I'm in the back of the queue. But, since I contributed with 50 aircraft to the queue length, during each and every one of these 5 months 5 more aircraft will be delivered than if I hadn't placed the aircraft. That's 25 extra aircraft. In the sixth month, I will get 2 aircraft, but will still contribute with 5 extra delievered aircraft, making a grand total of net increase in delivery for other airlines 28 aircraft during these 6 months. So actually, the orders place behind my 50 aircraft will actually get delievered 1 month, if not 2, earlier than if I hadn't placed the aircraft.

You could also argue that as my aircraft get delievered, the "boost" gets smaller and smaller and thus do not compensate for the 2 used delivery slots. Let us do some maths:

During the 5 initial months, I will contribute with 5 net extra delivery slots per month = 25 net extra slots.
During the 6th month, I will contribute with 3 net extra slots.
During the 7th-11th month, I will have 48, 46, 44, 42 and 40 aircraft on order, respectively, contributing with a net of 4-2 = 2 extra delivery slots per month = 10 extra slots.
During the 12th-16th month, I will have 38, 36, 34, 32 and 30 aircraft on order, contributing with a net total of (3 - 2) * 5 = 5 extra slots.
During the 17th to 21th month, I will have 28, 26, 24, 22 and 20 on order, and my "consumption" of slots will be as great as my "production", meaning my net contribution will be 0.
During the 22th to 26th month, I will have 18, 16 etc aircraft on order, each month I will consume 1 slots more than i produce, which means my net contribution will be -5 slots.
During the 27th to 31th month, I will consume two more slots than I produce -> net contribution = -10 slots.

Summing the net production of delivery slots up over 31 months, we get a contribution of 28 extra slots. So even after my delivery is complete, we would still be 28 aircraft ahead of what could have been delivered without my order.

To sum it up, yes I would be using delivery slots, but I will create more delivery slots than I use.

[Edited on 8/21/2005 by ziliu]

hpscot08

hpscot08

• 504 posts
Very well put Bravo

ziliu

ziliu

• 281 posts
Oh and I think that if something is to be forbidden it is those annoying small one-aircraft orders that don't boost delivery enough to compensate for themselves! ;);)

galapagapop

galapagapop

• 602 posts
Thats why it takes less than a month to get Q400's as that line looks long but its all for 6 customers, leaving plently of room for other. A is the same what to I get deliveries when it says 19-20 month wait.

Guest_Nathaniel_*

Guest_Nathaniel_*
  • Guests
Its not cheating and should be allowed if an airline/person decides to do that. There is nothing wrong in this, but their planes might not sell, there is NO PROBLEM with what they do.

And with having more people in the que, you actually get your plane quicker because only 2 airplanes can be delivered, making it go fartehr down the list, and the 20% backlog is bigger as well, so the que will move quicker.

But flyhegs, this should NOT be stopped, its totally legal and its thearetically not cheating... If they want to earn some money by doing this, so be it, there is nothing wrong with it.

Sunshine Airways CEO

Sunshine Airways CEO

• 568 posts

User's Awards

5    5      
I don't see where you came up with the idea of this being cheating. Would leasing companies (irl) be considered cheating? Or if Delta sells some of its 738s coming straight from Boeing at a higher price because they can not affford them anymore, would that be cheating?

flyhegs

flyhegs

• 296 posts
I didn't say it is cheating , see (It isn't a bug neither is it real cheating but it defenetly isn't "realistic") , but if it makes more slots then i have no problem with it ;) . didn't know that . But now Ziliu , seems that are u in this biz . Do people buy ?

Or if Delta sells some of its 738s coming straight from Boeing at a higher price because they can not affford them anymore, would that be cheating?
No , nut this defently isn't the same, before here they buy it just to sell it .

Leasing companies are something else . This is there Job . If u wanna be a leasing companie , buy Airliners and lease them , not operate them .
Stay :cool: everybody

QUEPASO?

QUEPASO?

• 31 posts
I do it, temporaly, but i sell my A319's for only 3 mil more than they're worth. I want it to make money fast so i been doing this to get out of the regional business and go on into the Long Hauls, but it takes a long time to build money like this. Specially if you start with nothing like me.

I consider this like Real State, there are so many ways that seem ilegal, but aren't, and you can make a lot of money by it.

Guest_Nathaniel_*

Guest_Nathaniel_*
  • Guests

Originally posted by flyhegs
I didn't say it is cheating

I believe the topic is : Legal Cheating .... so you did call it cheating....

Guest_gonzo_*

Guest_gonzo_*
  • Guests
I do it all the time. I funded my next plane order this way.

Yesthatsme

Yesthatsme

• 461 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:Luxemburgman
yeah its the econmy

wdleiser

wdleiser

• 141 posts
  • WLM ID:starallia_ceo@yahoo.com
  • AIM Screen Name:dougleiser
I think that if the plane doesnt sell after 5 days and its ridiculiously overpriced he shouldnt be able to sell that aircraft within the next 7 days.

mma

mma

• 425 posts

Originally posted by wdleiser
I think that if the plane doesnt sell after 5 days and its ridiculiously overpriced he shouldnt be able to sell that aircraft within the next 7 days.

This I do agree to....

I know its a hard area, however if you look at some of the AC on the Used Market, I can show you some that started out NEW ( 0 Years ) and now still there and are ( 1 Year ) old. But the asking price is still that of 25% over the NEW buy price.

So your suggestion of a time limit is a fair comment.

ziliu

ziliu

• 281 posts

Originally posted by wdleiser

"He" isn't able to sell the plane until someone buys it, right? And since nobody will buy such a plane, this whole rule is quite pointless I reckon...

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
I reckon this whole thread is pointless, but hey, im not stopping people from arguing on something non-important at the moment....

QUEPASO?

QUEPASO?

• 31 posts
Not everyone makes it doing this kind of money! Most people have a bad overview over it, and think people will pay anything for a used A319 or Q400, but no, in order to make money this way, buy new aircraft and sell it by just a little more than its worth, this way people think its a good deal rather than wait in line for new ones.

You should also do some research on what are the hottest aircraft around, this way you dont buy an aircraft no one wants.

dazwalsh

dazwalsh

• 438 posts
no body forces u to buy the bloody aircraft so shhhhh its not cheating its called..ripping someone off. there is a difference

velvetine

velvetine

• 81 posts
I park my planes in the Used Planes market when I don't have time to put them in new routes and don't want to incur payroll charges by the planes hanging around. I price them really high so NO ONE BUYS THEM.

flyhegs

flyhegs

• 296 posts
Nice idea Travellynn . But what if some dumbass comes and buys it ? ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users