Today, November 8th 2020 marks the last day of operation of Berlin's Tegel (TXL) airport, so why not look back at the city's airports history with a challenge, the:
The 2020 Cold War Era Berlin Challenge!
As usual, there are a few rules:
- One entry per challenger
- Must be an original design (or, if using a pre-existing brand, an original aircraft/era/livery combination)
- Time period is 1948-1969
- Aircraft displayed must be a possible sight at one of Berlin airports during the aforementioned era : it can be a regular or one-off visitor at either Berlin's Tempelhof, Tegel or Schönefeld airports - meaning it can be an occidental airline/aircraft, or one from the eastern block, or even one from a non aligned country.
- Passenger, cargo, government, private - all is possible. Just add a little explanation.
Designs will arbitrarily and subjectively be graded by myself on:
- Originality /10 - the design must be your own as much as possible, and differ from the crowd (both on this contest and in the gallery) as much as possible
- Realism /10 - check your facts, add a little backstory, a few lines of description, make it as realistic as possible
- Quality of execution /10 - You have 4 whole weeks to work on your designs, so take your time to make it as nicely presented as possible
You must submit your designs by noon Central European Summer Time (CEST - UTC +2) on December Sunday the 6th, and hopefully we will be able to judge the entries and the results will be available in the following days.
Please don't "reserve" a space, forget about it and then never post anything, it's pointless and ridiculous frankly, but still feel free to discuss here.
Side note : if this edition is a success, there'll be a follow-up 1969-1989 version
Good luck to everyone, I hope to see some great submissions!