Awesome

If you're the one running it.

tumblr_nfjii5i0Ky1sorz3uo1_250.jpg

NicholaiGaul

NicholaiGaul

Furry Airline Tycoonist of Airline Empires

• 89 posts

A nuance. For obvious reasons.

#1; The number of planes! Like, how can they even manage to run their own airline when they're already at 500 to a thousand planes at the end of the first year on order?

#2; The insane explosive expansion! They take control of so many airports so quickly, that it is an insane choice to try to expand into a major airport, like Orlando International, JFK, SFO, and LAX for example.

#3; THE COMPETITION!!! I don't brag too much about competition, but I've gone against quite a few spam-lines and the competition they have against myself and other players is insane.

uddNEMA.jpg

Jarkii

Jarkii

Airline Simulation Addict

• 301 posts

User's Awards

2    3   

Unstable

i doubt spam airlines check their route occupancies, so you could take them into the red a bit easier than other airlines.

Preston

Preston

AE Luver

• 252 posts

A nuance. For obvious reasons.

#1; The number of planes! Like, how can they even manage to run their own airline when they're already at 500 to a thousand planes at the end of the first year on order?

#2; The insane explosive expansion! They take control of so many airports so quickly, that it is an insane choice to try to expand into a major airport, like Orlando International, JFK, SFO, and LAX for example.

#3; THE COMPETITION!!! I don't brag too much about competition, but I've gone against quite a few spam-lines and the competition they have against myself and other players is insane.

True

bAnderson

bAnderson

Timeless

• 2,139 posts

I hate them. I always go realistic and it sucks to compete with these no-skill players. It's like Russian tanks in War Thunder. Doesn't take skill to win.

wgOP4y0.jpg

ocstorm

ocstorm

• 3 posts

User's Awards

I think that the game allows and promotes the insane growth. In the "realistic" world I am in, half of the top 10 all have fleet sizes over 2,500 and all of the top 10 have a value of over $270Billion each, with the top having a value of over $1.2Trillion (that's Trillion with a T). Apple is worth $650Billion...

In the RW, the big 4 (AA, UA, DL, SW) only have a combined fleet of 3,189 and a value of about $116Billion. So to many, the allure of the "game" could be to a.) Win or; b.) Build the biggest airline you can. I don't think it has anything to do with skill, the game isn't realistic otherwise I wouldn't be able to buy 200 aircraft in 1 sitting, the very next day buy 200 more and I still have hundreds of billions...I can't take it with me, so why not? I couldn't do that if the game was even a fraction of being realistic. Perhaps those who can't accept the fact that playing within the constraints of the game is a demonstration of being unskilled are in fact, the unskilled? Apparently I am unskilled...when I try to make up my own rules within the game for only me to follow (keeping a realistic mindset on how I run and grow my airline) I only get beat down and spammed out...my bankrupt pile is large. I took the "if you can't beat 'em..." route. I fly 777s out of MDW for crying out loud!

At the end of the day, it is a free game. I play the other 2 online sims, not as good as AE, but the same issues are there. I enjoy Airline 7, but it cost over $60. It is pretty in depth and built for those who might consider themselves as an elusive skilled player.

davedave

davedave

AE Know It All

• 140 posts

User's Awards

2    2   

Spamlines actually make AE more realistic. The starting conditions for AE are a bit unrealistic, because otherwise the game would be nigh-on impossible to play - in the real world, most airlines go bust pretty quickly. Spamlines just soak up the most excessive bit of the excess demand, so that key routes like LHR-JFK actually have some real competition making it hard to make a profit on them.

At the end of the day, if you're looking to play 'realistically' you shouldn't be flying any of the routes spamlines fly so their impact on you will be pretty much zero.

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,458 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

Only people who understand the game runs them. 

Preston

Preston

AE Luver

• 252 posts

Only people who understand the game runs them. 

Not true! There are plenty of people who think spamlines are the best because they don't  understand the game!

The Flying Cow

The Flying Cow

AE Know It All

• 148 posts

User's Awards

Not true! There are plenty of people who think spamlines are the best because they don't  understand the game!

There are "plenty of people" having fun with this game and a noisy crying minority just being negative and complaining about the game, about other players, about how unfair is the world... guess which ones might need to grow up and/or get addressed their depressive behaviors by professionals?  :awesome:

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,458 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

No kiddo, We understand how capitalism work. We flooded the routes just like Ryanair and Emirates would. 

highland

highland

AE Luver

• 393 posts

i never liked the word spamline, even to this day, it just urks me with a capital russian U !

but anyhow, i figured it out.

here it is... you ready ? ready ??

spamliners are greasers......  haaa haaa haaa haaaa

non-spamliners are squares..hee heeee heeehee

or

spamliners are capitalistic dooms day prepers

non-spamliners  are ego centric political wacky nuts

I might have that backwards.

spamliner.. doomed if you do it.... doomed if you don't.

Jarkii

Jarkii

Airline Simulation Addict

• 301 posts

User's Awards

2    3   

Spamlines are just a strategy people use, i use it partly (the configuration part of it), what ever makes an airline successful should be referred as a strategy, not an exploit.

Book Siberia

Book Siberia

AE Know It All

• 209 posts

User's Awards

5    3    3      

I've noticed that the vast majority of players are reluctant to build hubs and terminals due to the apparently "huge" up-front costs.

But this game can easily allow you to generate several hundred million, if not billions,  per day in cash.  

The more hubs and terminals you open, the more beneficial to both you and your alliance members.  You wouldn't believe just HOW beneficial those terminal/hub pairs are.

The real reason you see such a huge number of seats on a route from several so-called "big" airlines?  It goes back to those terminal/hub pairs.

Build them and huge numbers of passengers will come.  'Nuff said!

Oh yeah! One final note - purchasing instead of leasing gates increases valuation immensely.  Building terminals is a capital asset and thus adds to your bottom line; leasing gates is an expense and impairs your daily operating profits day by day.  Plus if you don't use a leased gate, you lose it after 2 game months of inactivity.

All these facts are vitally important - the least important item is cash - try to use it up whenever possible!

Over and out!

muttley44

muttley44

AE Player

• 38 posts

There are "plenty of people" having fun with this game and a noisy crying minority just being negative and complaining about the game, about other players, about how unfair is the world... guess which ones might need to grow up and/or get addressed their depressive behaviors by professionals?  :awesome:

We always get one, this is the real world and spamlines basically are run by people who do not contribute much to society. They also put off many people who have a life. These are the people advertisers want not a sado in a bedroom. Therefore a funds to the developers from this source are hit as less less people come to the site because of the domination of a few spammers. Look at your AE world very few airlines are active. Another issue being semi or non active spamlines. So all you who want the game to develope in my opinion are possibly being denied by the spammers. We all now how to spam, in the real world on other games this sort of behaviour is not allowed and the minority who spoil it for the majority are banned.

Book Siberia

Book Siberia

AE Know It All

• 209 posts

User's Awards

5    3    3      

What funds are you referring to, muttley44?

This game is ENTIRELY free - and deliberately so.

The developer created the game he wanted, and so there is absolutely no reason to complain.

Nor do you and all the other vocal "realists" have any say or influence, and calls to ban so-called spamlines are misguided and inappropriate.

Imagine if all the spamline players banned together and asked to ban the realism players - the very idea is ludicrous (but amusing! lol)

muttley44

muttley44

AE Player

• 38 posts

Hi Book Siberia, just looking at it from a different direction. As I noted on another thread, they can actually make the games more interesting. Although still do get a bit p***ed by the airline set up at the begin of a world and then seemingly left with large numbers of zero utilized type fleets, but even these can be over come.

Had hoped to more of a reaction, either they thought ohh he could be correct or else what a t**l.

Happy airlines

mariobastian

mariobastian

• 3 posts

I don't get it.

The developer made spamming possible. Then when these spamliners born, realist complained to the spamliners. What did these spamliners do in the first place? They did not break any rule. The aircraft can fly 20 hours a day, is it their fault to actually fly 20 hours a day? There are actually real life airlines who fly 20 hours a day to maximize utilization. You hate it? Propose a 16 hours a day (or less) of aircraft utilization to the game developer.

The developer made it possible to fly routes from every airport to every airport in the world. But then realist complained again because it is not realistic. Well, to open a route they need to pay. And they pay. Same as real world. And then they open route pair in which no real life airline fly in between, these realists complained again. -____- Why? Because the two cities are unlikely to have demand?

That's funny. Many real life airlines start from opening unserved route, which might never be flown before, and only God knows whether this particular route will give demand or no, but they fly anyway. Fly to this route to connect cities to cities. A route in which some people think there would be no demand or just simply unrealistic because no other airline fly there.

So again, the game developer made it possible by giving demand to these "unrealistic" routes. I mean, is it spamliners fault to help people fly in these "so-called unrealistic" routes? If you keep thinking it is not realistic, propose a realistic route's demand to the game developer. Do not blame the spamliners.

The developer made it possible to cramp Airbus A320 with 3 first class seat, more than 10 business class seat, and more than 150 economy class seat in a single vessel. Some people maximize its cabin space "because it is possible". And who do the complain again? Yep. Still the same group. And they blame the people, not the game developer. Calling it unrealistic. Of course it is unrealistic. But in this AE world, it is made possible. Why blame the people for doing what is allowed? Real life airline can always installs that crampy cabin config, and it would not violate FAA rules as long it doesn't exceed FAA's total certified passengers. Propose a realistic cabin config to the game developer, when somebody install 2 first class seat, made them take 12 (or more) economy class seat in compensation. 

And we haven't even talk about the seat versus demand thing. About spamliners giving million of seats to low demand routes, to eliminate other competitors.

Well, it is called competition, dear people. And you played AE to have the competition as well, not only setting up a route then sleep peacefully because you think you have done a great job. LOL. There will be no Low Cost Carrier in real world if competition does not exist. And you can play Airline Manager on Facebook if you hate the competition. 

Correct me if I'm wrong about these spamlining thing. I don't get it. Because many people complained about things that is actually allowed and made possible by the game developer. I am against cheating. And in other airline simulation game, I fight cheaters. 

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts

It's a case of "You were so concerned with whether or not you could, you didn't stop to think whether or not you should"

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users