- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts
As you probably noticed, the server we're on now cannot handle the loads imposed on it. Even 3.1 day changes have stopped running properly.

I have just placed the order for a dedicated server with more than twice the capacity of our current setup. In the next 2-3 days (once the new server is fully operational) I will move the site over in one operation, so it will likely be a few hours of downtime (plus DNS propagation time). It won't be a gradual, protracted process. The short-term inconvenience will be well worth it.

I will post updates as this process moves along.

Status Updates
- Server move complete! (7/22, 1am GMT)

Brando

Brando

• 499 posts
Thanks for keeping us posted

Delta-Northwest

Delta-Northwest

AE Viking!

• Data Manager
  • 705 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   
Sure you dont want to move it a 3rd time too,
I have heard that everything works at the 3rd attempt ;)

Delta-Northwest  :viking: 

9M-TKS

9M-TKS

• 888 posts
Thanks for the news :) Will it mean the loading times be reduced? It can be a pain loading certain pages
Posted Image

First to fly - Airbus A350, B787-9 in AE8

clipper101

clipper101

• 6 posts
  • Skype Name:shel.shabbat

User's Awards

Okay,.That answers why we stopped again at 24th of December again hehehe :cheers:
Pan Am Gone but not forgotten
Posted Image

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts

Thanks for the news :) Will it mean the loading times be reduced? It can be a pain loading certain pages

Yes, I know the speed is really painful right now. Hang in there ;)

Rob

Rob

AE Addict To-Be

• 13 posts
Yay! for fixing AE!

mariowebbocious

mariowebbocious

King Julian Wannabe

• 346 posts

User's Awards

My country's internet connection is upsetting.
Server moving of AE makes it more upsetting.
But i realize, that you guys have give so much effort to this website.
And all i can say (instead of complaining) is: Thank you...

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Good luck!

KJ1.jpg

No, you're not home. You're flying with us.

Conor

Conor

Angry Irishman

• AE Moderator
  • 1,404 posts

My country's internet connection is upsetting.
Server moving of AE makes it more upsetting.
But i realize, that you guys have give so much effort to this website.
And all i can say (instead of complaining) is: Thank you...

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Good luck!

thats complaining ;)

Taylor Group

Taylor Group

• 1 posts
Any news on the timeline? Nothing since the 14th.
What was wrong with the new server?

Looking forward to the final landing, as I am sure you are and better things to do on a Saturday afternoon.

Cheers.

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts
After 76 hours of downtime, we are finally back up and running on the new server! I apologize for the series of unforeseen roadblocks that caused the move to take days instead of hours (as originally planned).

Like last time, feel free to post any new problems introduced with the server move in this thread. :)

CaptainStooby

CaptainStooby

AE Player

• 92 posts

User's Awards

Yuxi, good job with the server move. Even with the added downtime, the speeds are great and the wait seems to have been worth it :thumbup:

CaptainStooby

CaptainStooby

AE Player

• 92 posts

User's Awards

Hey Yuxi, would you mind extending the July theme game for a few days into August to make up for the server downtime? I'd like to see how my experiment will turn out :)

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts

Hey Yuxi, would you mind extending the July theme game for a few days into August to make up for the server downtime? I'd like to see how my experiment will turn out :)

Yes, we will likely do that (also I haven't had a chance to start the August poll yet :whistling: )

adityapratama

adityapratama

Indonesian Sub-Forum Moderator

• 1,067 posts

After 76 hours of downtime, we are finally back up and running on the new server! I apologize for the series of unforeseen roadblocks that caused the move to take days instead of hours (as originally planned).

Like last time, feel free to post any new problems introduced with the server move in this thread. :)

76 hours? holy cow!!
so thats why people in here move to FB's AE chat eeh :P

Globe Alliance Leader

R1RDz7e.jpg

sviridovt

sviridovt

AE King

• 1,512 posts
  • Skype Name:tim.sviridov
server error when replacing some of my planes

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts

server error when replacing some of my planes

What's the error message? Which world? How are you replacing your planes, through the aircraft manager or the route manager? More details would really help.

I just tried replacing aircraft through both the aircraft and route managers in the beta 1990 world and it worked fine.

SirMoo

SirMoo

Rawr?

• 497 posts

>.> 'bout time.

sviridovt

sviridovt

AE King

• 1,512 posts
  • Skype Name:tim.sviridov

What's the error message? Which world? How are you replacing your planes, through the aircraft manager or the route manager? More details would really help.

I just tried replacing aircraft through both the aircraft and route managers in the beta 1990 world and it worked fine.

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@beta.airline-empires.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Beta 1970 world, it works on some planes but not the others. This occurs when replacing through aircraft manager. It appears it happens when replacing more than x number of routes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users