Flyby's First Livery

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Kirkland

Kirkland

AE King

• 1,504 posts
Attached File  birdie2.png   154.69KB   14 downloads

Ok, I got Paint.Net and I am working on an idea. Since I have alot of experience with the magic wand and features in Paint.net I want to start making Frontier-like liveries. Today I saw a picture of a bird. It was a nice one sitting on a tree. I copied it put it in Paint.Net and bam I finished 2 hours later...

It's bad. I know. I can work on it a bit and will probably making Bird 2.0 tomorrow with better font and increased detail. I can take requests, but keep in mind that I can take a long time (sometimes 3 weeks) to finish it, and I am a beginner (so don't go "eww"). If you do get a request, let's say it's an Alaska Airlines livery, in the future I will probably make a more detailed one called Alaska Airlines 2.0 and send it to you.

It's a 787 from Jetabout. I'm planning to test out Speed Bird's shading technique today after I install Office '07 (right after this post). So... here it is, Bird Airways 787.

nWcLJH0.png

Kirkland

Kirkland

AE King

• 1,504 posts
bump

nWcLJH0.png

lvan

lvan

AE Addict

• 864 posts
Nice!

Zmapper

Zmapper

1500-some days left...

• 437 posts
That is a great first attempt. Though in my opinion, the lime green is a bit too bright or too extreme. But that is just my opinion. :P

There goes CRAZY uncle Ron, BABBLING about the unsustainablity of multiple WARS. -Jon Stewart
Posted Image

Kirkland

Kirkland

AE King

• 1,504 posts
Bird 2.0 will have:
More interesting font - 95/5
A longer dark green line from the bottom nose to the tail 85/15
A cloud background behind the bird 75/25
A cloud background on the engines 50/50
Shading 35/65
A different bird 15/85
A regestration - 100

Yes/No

nWcLJH0.png

Kirkland

Kirkland

AE King

• 1,504 posts
Here you have it, Bird Airways 2.0 and.... a special Bird Airways 2.5
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Attached File  Bird Airways 2.0.png   119.19KB   4 downloads
Yeah! It even has a slogan and a little "shading" which I used Speed Bird's technique for. I really like the clouds on the engines.

Bird Airways 2.5 doesn't have a slogan but it has a sun on the tail replacing the second cloud.
Attached File  birdie2.0.png   134.15KB   6 downloads

I made Bird Airways 2.0 mostly with Paint.net and I shaded it and moved over to Microsoft Paint for the slogan. I didn't mean to make Bird Airways 2.5 but eventually 2.5 didn't make it to Paint and I got completely confused so I made 2 liveries.

nWcLJH0.png

lvan

lvan

AE Addict

• 864 posts
Now add Shading and Shining ON the aircraft!

Conor

Conor

Angry Irishman

• AE Moderator
  • 1,404 posts
I see you are using the paintbrush tool and not the line tool or the box tool ;)

Kirkland

Kirkland

AE King

• 1,504 posts
I don't know how to use it. I use paintbrush on the curvy parts and a box tool on the straightparts. Boy would it be nice if there was one that did what I wanted.

nWcLJH0.png

PacificAirways

PacificAirways

Busy Bee

• 316 posts
Use the line tool (the pen with the lines around it :P )

Pacific Airways - Head of Public Relations, Globe Alliance

Photo%202-11-2014%203%2000%2046%20am.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users