Photo

Why can you create hubs in more than one Country?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Pineair

Pineair

AE Luver

• 474 posts

User's Awards

10    16    12       9   
didn't think this was possible in the realistic world but have noticed one operator, with over 3,000 aircraft, has hubs in Italy, UK , Holland, France, Greece and other countries.

Have posted here as not convinced it is a bug!!

Conor

Conor

Angry Irishman

• AE Moderator
  • 1,404 posts
In the realistic worlds after the year 2000 the EU Open Skies agreement comes into effect allowing free travel between EU countries. This also includes airlines ability to set up shop inside an EU country if there home country is also an EU country.

:)

un1

un1

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 1,187 posts

User's Awards

2    3         
This is a semi-bug. You can have hubs all over the EU if you are based in the EU, but you can't fly out of them to other EU destinations (until 2000)

R6 - NSW Airlines

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts
Also Delta (previously NWA) has a hub in NRT, so it's not unrealistic per se. Maybe a limit on the number of countries to hub in? :P

un1

un1

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 1,187 posts

User's Awards

2    3         

Also Delta (previously NWA) has a hub in NRT, so it's not unrealistic per se. Maybe a limit on the number of countries to hub in? :P

Open skies are so painful to implement. :P

R6 - NSW Airlines

BritAbroad

BritAbroad

Moderator and Data Collector

• Data Manager
  • 1,677 posts
Isn't the Delta hub at NRT a stop-over scissor hub, rather than a proper based operation? Example being three Delta flights arrive from three different US cities, and then stop over at NRT at roughly the same time, then go on to different Asian destinations - They can then sell tickets for nine routes, despite using three aircraft and flying three routes. This is something I wouldn't mind seeing in AE, rather than openskies. :P

sagsmall.png

Brando

Brando

• 499 posts
i agree.
-brandohrapper

leginmat

leginmat

• 2 posts
Just for confirmation; will neighboring EU cities become available as HUB options on the very first day in 2000 in the game?

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts

Isn't the Delta hub at NRT a stop-over scissor hub, rather than a proper based operation? Example being three Delta flights arrive from three different US cities, and then stop over at NRT at roughly the same time, then go on to different Asian destinations - They can then sell tickets for nine routes, despite using three aircraft and flying three routes. This is something I wouldn't mind seeing in AE, rather than openskies. :P

I thought about separating the operation of flights and the sale of itineraries, but that may be too complicated for AE. Or maybe I'm wrong? :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users